Dodgy sea cruise

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Dodgy sea cruise

Postby rcj1959 » 01 Apr 2008 11:40

My partner and I have just returned from a lovely four day break staying at the Marmaris Palace but our break was marred somewhat by the dodgy dealings of the cruise seller operating from the blue coloured canopy on the promenade close to where the old town starts.
The salesman who called himself Ali, a short stocky man wearing a leather waistcoat persuaded my wife and I to take a cruise with his company departing at 11am on Sunday and took £30 in sterling to pay for it. He promised visits to Icmeler and Turunc as well as the opportunity to have a swim and take lunch on his boat. The next day the boat failed to leave until after 12 noon and the whole time the boat was stationed in different areas of the bay until 3.30 pm when it was announced that the "cruise" was over and that they would drop the relevant passengers off at the Marmaris Palace before returning to dock in Marmaris. To add insult to all this we subsequently found that some of the other passengers had paid as little as £6 each for the same trip. The visits to Icmeler and Turunc never materialised.

Quite frankly I would like to have told Ali what I thought of him but did not get the chance to, so perhaps through this messageboard some one will pass on my thoughts and find a ten foot greasy pole to do it with!!

We can only live in hope!!
rcj1959
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 01 Apr 2008 20:57

Sorry to hear about your bad experience and thanks for the tip off
Fanny

Postby LynnJenny » 07 Apr 2008 17:31

you have to be careful we wait a few days the hotel people are the best to ask we got some great ones of them our first was with the manager he came with us on a lovely sunday morning just people from the hotel but icr boat trips sound fun and mad try one lynn :D
LynnJenny

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum