Turunc

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Turunc

Postby reesy1959 » 29 May 2011 05:53

What are your favourite eating places, drinking houses, entertainment venues in Turunc?

Really looking forward to our week in Turunc in the middle of this fortnight, but I am not too familiar with Turunc, as I have only been there a couple of times when on the boat trips.

Any suggestions for things to do are welcome :D
reesy1959

Advertisement

Re: Turunc

Postby mks » 29 May 2011 12:58

Hi , We too have only been to turunc for the day by taxi boat or in more recent years by dolmus.There is a restuarant on the right hand side as you come off the beach (facing the beach) I dont know what it is called but the service and food in there is great. Last year they had a young lad (about 10 years old) who was "learning the trade" and he was fabulous. Big grin and very attentive. My partner thought he was lovely and I think she must of given him the biggest tip of the holiday! As you know Turunc is still very quiet and laid back so i really dont know what to do there apart from chill.Sorry I cant remember the name of the eating house but like I say, its the first one on the right as you come off the beach. Have a great holiday. :D
mks

Postby reesy1959 » 29 May 2011 18:44

Thank you MKS. I am like you, I go to places, and I can never remember what they were called.

OMG, 10 year old, sure learning young, I bet he was a right favourite with everyone :D
reesy1959

Postby Mags23 » 29 May 2011 20:46

Hi Mary, we stayed in Turunc in 2006 and liked Korfez (1st restuarant on the Icmeler side of the "canal"), lovely to have a seafront seat and watch/listen to the sea. Tried a few along the front for snacks and all were fine.

Have been told that the walk over to Amos is nice takes about 3/4 hour?, didn't try it myself haven't got the puff - also a boat goes over in the morning and returns 5ish. We just enjoyed chilling by the pool in the day, strolling down the main road looking at the shops at night and returning to our hotel along the front. So peaceful and relaxing, don't know if things have changed now but the supermarkets didn't want the £, restuarants were fine with it and little shops would take the £ but seemed to prefer the Lira. Restaurants will change money or you can use the post office which is signposted off the main road.

Are you on the Onur flight from Cardiff on the 11th, if so see you in the airport. :D
Mags23

Postby reesy1959 » 29 May 2011 21:24

Mags23 wrote:Hi Mary, we stayed in Turunc in 2006 and liked Korfez (1st restuarant on the Icmeler side of the "canal"), lovely to have a seafront seat and watch/listen to the sea. Tried a few along the front for snacks and all were fine.

Have been told that the walk over to Amos is nice takes about 3/4 hour?, didn't try it myself haven't got the puff - also a boat goes over in the morning and returns 5ish. We just enjoyed chilling by the pool in the day, strolling down the main road looking at the shops at night and returning to our hotel along the front. So peaceful and relaxing, don't know if things have changed now but the supermarkets didn't want the £, restuarants were fine with it and little shops would take the £ but seemed to prefer the Lira. Restaurants will change money or you can use the post office which is signposted off the main road.

Are you on the Onur flight from Cardiff on the 11th, if so see you in the airport. :D

Thanks Mags. That sounds like a nice change to take the boat over to Amos. What is in Amos, I haven't heard of that place.

Yes, on the Onur flight on 11th from Cardiff. I will go and check the members gallery now to see if I can see your pic, would be nice to have a drink at the airport.
reesy1959

Postby Mags23 » 29 May 2011 21:55

Hi Mary, We didn't actually go to Amos, but several people in our hotel did the walk over (one a lady in her late 70's), don't think there is much there, they talked about the nice walk mainly and about a good (the only ? ) restaurant/hotel over there, not sure if I've heard of ruins there - perhaps someone else can tell you more about it.

You won't find a photo of me here :lol: , I never look good in photos so don't put much on line, only a few on facebook. I'll be wearing cropped trousers, have shoulder length dark blonde hair, share your birth year and hubby is follically challenged ( :lol: ) and wears glasses - I'll keep a look out for you, we don't go through security until about 3/4 hour before flight is due out - I like to pop back out for a smoke, so try to sit near the windows overlooking the front of the airport and people watch :mrgreen:
Mags23

Advertisement

Postby reesy1959 » 29 May 2011 21:58

Exactly like me, go through at the last minute, just enough time to get the duty free smokes and booze :lol:

Sent you an email with my facebook page.
reesy1959

Postby Mags23 » 29 May 2011 22:01

Thanks email received - friend request sent. :)
Mags23

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum