The Lemon Tree

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Lemon Tree

Postby jackie » 02 Aug 2008 14:36

:D I walked by this place one afternoon and was asked if i would like a free coffee, I wasn't going to bother at first because i was so close to my Hotel but i changed my mind and had a lovely time chatting with the staff, a few nights later my husband and i went for a meal and we were very impressed.
Yes the bread is about two foot long :o bought to your table straight from the oven. :P which we could see.
We asked for lemon chicken which wasn't on the menu and the Chef made it for us, nothing too much trouble. Really delious too. :P Then we watched Chef Billy Special Flambe he was really entertaining, he made us laugh because he asked a young lady to cook for him while he sat down. :D Then after all the meals were served the staff entertained and got everyone up on the dance floor.
Love to everyone.
Excellent in everyway.
Lots of love
jackie
xxx :D
jackie
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby efes shareholder » 28 Aug 2008 20:58

love this place..........kemal and ozcan have a winning place despite being a little bit off the track.

Lovely staff , Zaza is a great host specially when he is doing open the box!
efes shareholder

Postby chris jo and cory » 26 Sep 2008 07:09

we went when it was in its first year.............was ok..........but nothing special...........but then again.it was the irst year it opened so allowance was made........
what a change this year.................
we walked past most evenings.............not a bit of hassle.........just a freindly chat and numerous offers of free drinks.........they even insisted that cory test drove their play area.......lol
with all the guys being so welcoming and freindly......and yes.they did remember me and the wife from two years previous........we joined them one evening for a meal.
brilliant............the place was packed so word is getting around.
we tended to eat out early as we had cory with us..........and never got the chance to stay late........but on the few occasions that we did stay out and wee walking past.the staff allways made a beeline for us to give us a hug and give cory a gift......
play area for kids.............a bonus..........but watch out for the little black dog that seems to think he owns the play area.he certainly leaves his little parcels there and is somtimes a little tetchy with the kids.
well worth a visit.........its defo one of the places we will visit again.
chris jo and cory

lemon tree

Postby charlie farley » 27 Sep 2008 11:47

Just to let you know the dog at the lemon tree is called defer, she was rescued as a tiny puppy from another part of turkey by chef billys' girlfriend and has enjoyed a nice life at the lemon tree.
charlie farley
New User
New User

Postby Lynn m » 05 Oct 2008 20:38

Just back and had my best meal and also my worst in the Lemon Tree.

First Week
Chef Billy's steak was amazing.

Second Week
Liver and onions was disgusting. Liver arrived uncooked with blood still ouzing out of it. They did take it back and cook it futher, but I had been put off it by then and couldnt eat it (the dog enjoyed it though).

Staff could'nt aplogise enough and gave 10% discount.

Lynn
Lynn m

Postby andrea m » 12 Oct 2008 19:25

First time in this place and the food was lovely would definately recommend to others.

Andrea
andrea m

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 15 Nov 2008 15:48

Well, after enjoying a couple of meals in the Lemon Tree in June, we decided we'd go there for my husband's 50th birthday in October. We had a great time - they put ballons etc up and made him a special chocolate cake, which was delicious.
We've had quite a few meals in the Lemon Tree now and I can honestly say we've never had anything but good to say about the place. The food is absolutely delicious and the staff are all great too. We all love it and can't wait to get back again!
blondie

Re: The Lemon Tree

Postby dangerdebs » 17 Aug 2009 21:57

Chef Billy's flambes are the best ever!! :D :D
dangerdebs
New User
New User

Re:

Postby DIANE C » 21 Aug 2009 20:05

efes shareholder wrote:love this place..........kemal and ozcan have a winning place despite being a little bit off the track.

Lovely staff , Zaza is a great host specially when he is doing open the box!

Our 9 year old daughter (Jodie) won 360lire while we were there in July. All the guys were delighted for her and ZaZa was great with her as she can be a little shy :)

Diane C
DIANE C

Postby john G » 04 Sep 2009 08:35

We have always walked past the Lemon Tree on the way to the canal but never tried it - this year we did. Brilliant friendly service and fantastic meals.
john G

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 04 Sep 2009 21:15

tried it during the day and wasnt too impressed but maybe its different at night when they have a lot more staff on
the food was ok nothing special
hope im wrong though
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Advertisement

Postby julie w » 19 Sep 2009 19:44

Tried this place last week but won't be returning, food was nothing special at all and service was poor, even though it was only half full. Boring menu, there are loads of places in Icmeler which are much better.
julie w

Postby efes shareholder » 22 Sep 2009 10:22

This is one of our fav places to go when in icmeler - we did think however that this year the food standard had decreased although the guys were as much if not more fun than ever.
efes shareholder

Postby sue.c » 22 Sep 2009 11:48

Snap efes shareholder the food was def better last year but still a great atmosphere in there on my last night in august i won third and second prize a cocktail and a free meal but i did not open the box, but there is always next year i might win all three prizes tee hee.
sue
sue.c

Postby efes shareholder » 22 Sep 2009 19:01

sue , I won the box last year - on my last night.

Am sure we would have seen you in there this year , I was in there most night with 4 kids - 2 girls and 2 boys - the smallest of which is very blonde.

We also had a couple of nights when we dressed up !!

might ring a few bells.
efes shareholder

Postby mel » 29 Apr 2011 18:06

we were at the lemon tree last year took four friends out of six meals two were burnt kiev and two were cold should have been roast chicken one was seafood rissoto with hardly a trace of seafood at least they got one right an omlette shef billy their having a laugh arnt they he would be better employed on a dolmus. :lol:
mel

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 29 Apr 2011 18:51

Didn't think chef Billy was at the Lemon Tree last year - thought he had moved to the Turkish Delight by then?
blondie

Postby Kalof » 29 Apr 2011 21:32

The Lemon Tree is no more this year - it is now a Turkish restaurant, don't know what the new name is.

Chris
Kalof

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 21 Jun 2011 21:30

We ate three times at the Lemon Tree last year and couldn't fault the food, however, when we visited later in the year it was closing down and joining with the Turkish Delight Restaurant :D as the owners are brothers. We visited the Turkish Delight this year and again had a lovely meal and were treated very well.
sunlover loch lomond

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Guestbooks.