Tommy's restaurant

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Re: Tommys Restaurant - very disappointed!!

Postby Cummo » 04 Jul 2012 18:39

Peli

We (my wife and i ) have never been in Tommys in 10 years...why??? just never stumbled across it

Following recent posts we had already decided to find Tommys and give it a try this year.

Now, reading your sensible and non biased comments, we are definately headed for Tommys.

I will ask for you by name and if you happen to be there on the night, then maybe we could take a drink together

We arrive in Icmeler 13/07/12

John
Cummo

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 05 Jul 2012 14:46

I'll be giving it a try as we're staying at Grand Aquarium and it's just a few minutes walk for us, probably first port of call on first night. :)
sunseeker2011

Postby Teeeny2222 » 05 Jul 2012 20:00

We stop in the centre and every visit to Icmeler we catch the Dolmus or Taxi to Tommys, you will be made to feel very welcome by Tommy and Mehmet, the lads who wait on are hard working and have to concentrate after all they are being spoke to in a foreign language and may seem a little stand offish but they are trying to do their best by you so please be patient with them. The menu is very varied from English, Indian, Turkish so there is something to suit everyone and very good too,and and Tommy will help with anything you just have to ask.
Teeeny2222

Re: Tommy's restaurant

Postby dragon » 23 Jul 2012 21:58

Went to Tommy's for the first time a week ago and we all had a lovely meal. They were attentative, but not too much and will definitely be going there again next holiday. The only problem that we had was that my OH had forgotten to recharge my scooter battery so they had to push me most of the way. We couln't jump on a dolmus and we didn't have a number for a taxi with us and it took us an hour to get there. Still worth it though and we were really grateful of the lift home as I don't think that my OH would have survived if he'd had to push me back as well :lol: We also realised when we had the lift home that we had gone via the 'scenic' route which was much further than it needed to be.
dragon

Tommys

Postby JohnJill » 01 Aug 2012 19:45

Just back from tommys in the village. A lot of mixed reports on here of it but I can't recommend it enough 5 adults bread garlic butter mezes 3 pepper steaks 1 steak Diane and 1 sirloin with mushrooms and onions I've cream and pancakes 2 beer 3 vodka cola 3 soft drinks and a water for £55 quid and a really good meal .....go Tommy
JohnJill

Re: Tommys

Postby dksbbs » 01 Aug 2012 20:59

JohnJill wrote:Just back from tommys in the village. A lot of mixed reports on here of it but I can't recommend it enough 5 adults bread garlic butter mezes 3 pepper steaks 1 steak Diane and 1 sirloin with mushrooms and onions I've cream and pancakes 2 beer 3 vodka cola 3 soft drinks and a water for £55 quid and a really good meal .....go Tommy

Excellent value at £11 a head.

Dave
dksbbs

Advertisement

Postby katrina123 » 01 Aug 2012 21:25

Is this near Majestic apartments? If not how far are they from there?
katrina123

Postby stevew » 01 Aug 2012 23:12

Hi Katrina,
Tommy's is approx 100yds from the Majestic aparts, when you leave the aparts, turn left, up the dry canal.
Enjoy Steve
stevew

Postby scunny jim » 02 Aug 2012 06:07

Rock on Tommy, always a good meal.
scunny jim

Postby Fanny » 02 Aug 2012 07:37

Well said Peli! May well see you in there in the next couple of weeks, 16 year old daughter and I are staying at Majestic, so no doubt we'll be nipping in at some point one evening
Fanny

Postby dksbbs » 02 Aug 2012 09:27

The wife and I was discussing this last night and as we now have more freedom without the kids have agreed to walk up there one day to give them a try even if it's just for brunch.

Dave
dksbbs

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 02 Aug 2012 12:22

I don't recall that at all Peli :wink: but not got a prob holding you to it haha
Fanny

Postby dragon » 03 Aug 2012 11:32

We went to Tommy's for the first time this year. Unfortunately my OH had forgotten to charge my scooter battery and so I had to be pushed most of the way and it took us an hour to get there following the dry canal. We had a lovely meal and will be going back there next year. When we had the lift home we found that there was a much quicker way to the restaurant and not just by charging the scooter :lol:

Tommy's is definitely recommended :)
dragon

Postby kenny s » 04 Aug 2012 17:03

Its great to hear some good reviews about tommys after some earlier reviews .Ive known Tommy for 15 years now i first met tommy when we were staying at the blue star me and the family always eat at tommys and i can honestly say i have never had to complain about any aspect of the cooking or service you recieve at tommys . We fly out from newcastle on sept 14 and first call will be to see tommy .Some might think im a bit baised but we regard tommy as a good friend he has helped us out a few times over the years and which we will always be grateful. I would recommend a night out at tommys be it for the quiz /karioke or just for a drink. See you there Kenny .
kenny s

Postby Fanny » 22 Aug 2012 10:16

Just got back and Tommy's gets our vote! We only had Full English there but it was lovely and also inexpensive.
Have to say we were impressed that he noticed us shying away from the many wasps that are around this year, and suggested we eat inside instead :wink: :wink: Prob solved haha
Fanny

Postby sunseeker2011 » 08 Feb 2013 09:42

A very late response from me, we did go there last year (I think I mentioned it in my review). As it was literally 2 minutes (if that) from our hotel it seemed rude not to give it a try lol.

Well, we all had the tomato soup starter (with free bread) and for main I had the fajitas - to be honest I can't remember what my daughter and wife had but they thoroughly enjoyed it. My fajitas have got to be the best I have ever had (and I've had a lot) really can't stress how nice they were. The total cost (3 starters, 3 main + drinks) was about 65-70 TL so really good value for money too.

Will we go back this year? You bet we will :)
sunseeker2011

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Guestbooks.