Tommy's restaurant

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Tommy's restaurant

Postby julie w » 19 Sep 2009 20:37

Tommy's in the old village is well worth a visit, we have been past it for the last few years but never went in. This time we went twice and my OH says the steaks are the best he has ever had, in any country! The pepper steak is the best steak ever in the world.(I wouldn't know, I'm a vegetarian!) They also do delicious pasta including several veggie ones. If you like steak you must pay Tommy a visit! :D
julie w

Advertisement

Re: Tommy's restaurant

Postby mark » 20 Sep 2009 00:08

I agree.Tommys is a little jewel in the old village.Been there several times and as you say the food is fantastic.Well worth a try. :D :D
mark

Postby reesy1959 » 20 Sep 2009 11:11

Where abouts in the old village is Tommys? Phill loves a good steak.
reesy1959

Postby mark » 20 Sep 2009 11:13

If you have a look on the around icmeler map i have put it on there.Hope this helps. :D :D
mark

Postby reesy1959 » 20 Sep 2009 11:16

Thank you Mark :D
reesy1959

Postby happygirl » 26 Sep 2009 11:48

Been to Tommy's on a few occassions as the food and the staff are great. Fav meal is Ottoman Casserole got to be the best in Icmeler hands down.

The dolmus stops right outside Tommy's so if not sure ask the driver.
happygirl
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby NIK26 » 26 Sep 2009 15:53

If your still not sure ask Eddie in the Diva. He is Tommy's cousin and usually just rings him and Tommy comes to pick us up. Its well worth a try the meals are fantastic and the prices are very good.
NIK26

Postby kenny s » 14 May 2010 19:53

me and my family eat at tommys every day for at least one meal, breakfast is great value for money,lunch and evening meals are fantastic. The chef ceyhun will cook anything you want any way you want. Tommy is a very nice guy he will do anything to help you if he can. no matter where you stay in icmeler you can get a dolmus to tommys as it stops right outside. He has sky t.v and a free pool table. Go on give tommys a try you wont be disapointed. kenny
kenny s

Postby Jozzyd » 24 May 2010 17:34

I love Tommy's, we ate there every day on our first visit to Icmeler as we were staying nearby and our kids were only 2 & 4. We still visit now several times during our holiday and have had a lovely meal every time and Tommy usually takes us back to our apartments :D
Jozzyd

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 26 May 2010 20:20

only been there once a number of years ago
went for lunch and it was lovely :)
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby viking pete » 28 Sep 2010 15:14

We read on the forum about the Wednesday night Fun Quiz and we went both weeks - had a great night and a good laugh - even won a bottle of wine on the 2nd week :P
We ate there on both visits every meal top class - pies, fish curry, steak all superb.

Hope the quiz is on next year. :D :D
viking pete

Advertisement

Postby lfc renee » 28 Sep 2010 23:04

we had a lovely breakfast there last week nice cup of tea too ,cafe annes is my favorite though
lfc renee
New User
New User

Postby reesy1959 » 24 Oct 2010 09:37

This was our first time at Tommy's restaurant. We spent an enjoyable morning here watching the flag walk. I decided to have some tomato soup, which was lovely, but I HAD to ask for the grated cheese..... :D
reesy1959

Postby shelagh » 22 Apr 2012 15:58

We have been going to Tommy's for about the last 10 years,we have never ever had a bad meal there,we love the steaks and stews.
Tommy and Son are great Hosts and you will not be disapointed if you call in for a drink and a meal.

we will be there in 3 weeks time...............Heaven calling me back again !!!!!!!

Shelagh x :lol: :D
shelagh
New User
New User

Postby bluejoseph » 22 May 2012 21:57

reesy1959 wrote:Where abouts in the old village is Tommys? Phill loves a good steak.

opposite the grand aquarium apartments in the old village
bluejoseph
New User
New User

Postby sandybeach » 18 Jun 2012 19:54

After reading the reviews decided to try Tommys for the first time and what a disappointment. This is the worst meal i have had in Icmeler in all the time i have visited Icmeler. We opted for the Sunday roast and the beef was sliced processed meat the brussel sprout(there was only 1 sprout) of was still frozen,a floret of cauliflower and a couple of sliced carrots, mash was cold, gravy was as thin as water, roast potatoes had been fried in very old oil. Tasteless and very poor quality meal and will not bother to visit this restaurant again.
sandybeach

Advertisement

Tommys Restaurant - very disappointed!!

Postby keileyoneill » 30 Jun 2012 21:19

We have just got back from 2 weeks in Icmeler (review to be posted shortly) and visited Tommys after all the good reviews/recommendations on here.....we must have gone there on a bad night! My meal was lovely (Chicken Balti) however both my husband and mother in law's meals were awful. They had Steak in BBQ sauce and Chicken Diana - the chicken was watery, the steak fatty, the rice cold and the vegetables full of water. My husband never complains and would rather just pay and leave quickly however his meal was so bad he left it half eaten and complained. The attitude of the staff wasnt great, and whilst they didnt charge us for the steak they did charge us for the chicken meal (but not the 'special chicken deal'). Personally my only complaint is that it was full of wasps and ants (as was everywhere due to the heat) however other restaurants were burning coffee beans which keeps the insects away, Tommy's were putting pieces of foil with meat in on the plant beds to try to contain the insects to one area but all it did was attract even more! We were so disappointed as were really looking forward to it. I hope it was just a bad night but it has put us off and we wont visit next year.
keileyoneill

Re: Tommys Restaurant - very disappointed!!

Postby keileyoneill » 01 Jul 2012 08:17

Hi Peli, thanks for your response. Please do show our post to Tommys as we cant understand why it was so bad when the reviews are so good. We are not fussy eaters & never usually complain if food isnt great as dont like to make a fuss, like I said before it must have been bad for my husband to complain. We ate there at 7.30pm on monday 25th June, the restaurant was empty apart from a small family eating & a couple having a drink. I am not blaming Tommy for the infestation of insects but what i didnt like was that they put foil out with food in on the plantbed right behind our table which attracted the ants & wasps to us rather than away from us.
keiley
keileyoneill

Postby geordiedave1964 » 01 Jul 2012 09:40

I understand what its like with the flying ants as i believe they hatch altogether in icmeler. All you can do is turn all the lights out, I had this experience in The Waterfall and The Broadway last year where they were flying all over the people eating. I complained but what the manager said was nothing can be done except appoligise. I noticed the next night all of a sudden all the bars turned all the lights out and for about 5 mins there were flying ants everywhere then all of a sudden no ants it was amazing how fast they dissapeared.We are thinking of going to Tommys bar this month but not 100% sure now don,t mind the acts of god ie wasps or flying ants but i love my meals presented well......proberly like the previous person said only a one off...
geordiedave1964

Postby mark » 01 Jul 2012 10:48

I think it was definately a one off.We ate there 4 times in the 2 weeks we were there in June and there were 8 of us.Each time it was fantastic.Not one of our party had a complaint.Please give it another go.Im sure it will be fine next time. :D :D
mark

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Guestbooks.