Kerem Restaurant

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Kerem Restaurant

Postby brisaya » 09 Jun 2009 13:54

I dont think many people go here, but you must go! The food is amazing! Its nice and quiet when u need a break from the music and dancing too, i cannot recommend it enough!
brisaya

Advertisement

Postby tony1947 » 09 Jun 2009 14:46

were about is it
tony1947

Postby brisaya » 09 Jun 2009 15:25

in between the Kontes and Majestic on the canal xx
brisaya

Postby blondie » 19 Jun 2009 19:19

I love the Kerem - the owner and her family are so welcoming and friendly, they make you feel like one of their own family! The food is also excellent - and whatever you do, leave enough room to try the cheesecake, which is to die for!
blondie

Postby Colette » 20 Jun 2009 12:57

I would love to go in there, wish they put a few english dishes on for a fussy dad then we could cos it looks lovely
Colette

Re: Kerem Restaurant

Postby dangerdebs » 17 Aug 2009 21:55

My fella is fussy English and he has had lamb shank, and (turkish) chicken casserole there and enjoyed. I am sure they would be flexible with the menu if requested. :) :)
dangerdebs
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby fatblokecaver » 20 Aug 2009 21:14

We visited the Kerem for the first time in 14 visits to Icmeler this year. We had the Meze Plate for starters, best ever and not a blown up pitta bread in sight!!!!! We both had a chicken dish from the specialality menu, fantastic. We also had to share the BEST cheesecake for afters as we were total full!!!!
We had sat on the balcony watching all of the ban bang bars competing with each other and asked what has Icmeler come to when the best food is here.

VISIT THE KEREM THE FOOD IS THE BEST TURKISH FOOD WE HAVE EVER TASTED.
fatblokecaver

Postby julie w » 19 Sep 2009 19:29

We visited the Kerem for the first time last week, for years we have just walked past but this time we stopped. I don't know why we haven't been here before, it was fantastic. Dearer than most places but worth every penny. What a refreshing change to go to a proper Turkish restaurant, a totally chilled out place where you can relax and enjoy authentic Turkish food. No banging music, no hassle, no dancing waiters. We both started with Borek, don't know if that's how you spell it, triangles of pastry with cheese, potato, parsley and vegetables in the middle which we hadn't tried before, it was delicious. I had a mushroom pasta dish and my husband had a chicken casserole dish which we can't pronounce, then we both had the famous cheesecake, which is made by the Turkish lady who owns the restaurant. The food is as wonderful as everyone on here has said, the staff are excellent and we will definately return next year. :D
julie w

Postby ashington44 » 31 Mar 2010 12:35

We have eaten at Kerem many, many times over the years. Layla and Yusari are the perfect hosts. Laylas cakes are so good. If you cant manage one after your meal, make time in the afternoon for coffee and cake. The meze plate is recommended, again if you dont usually have a starter chose this for a light lunch, its a must. We missed going to Icmeler last year and now cant wait until May. First stop, Kerem. Heather
ashington44

Postby shieldfield » 22 May 2010 10:17

Had one meal in Kerem during our latest stay and found it a little less pleasant than when we were there 4 years ago. All we wanted was the mixed meze for two twice (as a main course) and the cheese cake. Although the owner was pleasant we felt under great pressure to order more and had to be very firm. She even suggested ice cream with the cheese cake!. Fortunately a large family group arrived and took the pressure off. :)
The meze are delicious there and a plate for two does one as a main course. The cheesecake was a disappointment though - not nearly as good as Tesco "finest" New York cheesecake - the flavour is OK but it isn't as firm in texture as it should be. Ambience is good.
shieldfield

Postby waynesworld » 22 May 2010 17:04

Well Sheildfield was going to try this place on my next visit,but seems not now.There are so many great places to eat that anything falling a little short doesnt get my lire.
waynesworld

Advertisement

Postby Southampton_Girl » 04 Jul 2012 10:32

Visited this little gem of a restaurant during my visit in June 2012.
Been to Icmeler 3 times previous and didn't know it existed.
Traditional Turkish cuisine is served here and you can relax in knowing that there will be no loud music or michael jackson dancers interrupting your meal.
The staff very polite friendly and good at recommending their tasty dishes.
A bit more expensive than the normal restaurant, but definitely worth a try.
They have a little balcony upstairs with only two tables... ideal if you're away during an anniversary :-))) a very specail occasion - very romantic setting...
And yes the cheesecake is very nice.... very big portion ideal to share between two of you...

the only drawback is we wanted to try the other Turkish sweets on the menu but it was only the cheesecake available.
Southampton_Girl

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.