Bamboo Restaurant

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Bamboo Restaurant

Postby JT » 23 Jan 2005 13:11

Welcome to Guestbook for Bamboo Restaurant. Post your message here.
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2005 21:38

Best thing about the Bamboo , apart from the warm welcome ; is the guy who sings and plays the organ, and has been there for years and years!!

bamboo restaurant

Postby sueles810 » 19 Feb 2005 16:34

Hi, could anyone please tell me where the bamboo is please :D :D :D
sueles810

Postby JT » 19 Feb 2005 19:16

Bottom left of the canal
JT
Admin
Admin

bamboo

Postby peter » 26 Feb 2005 13:54

We have been to Icmeler for the past 10 years and have tried quite a few of the many restaurants.
We keep coming back to the Bamboo because we find the staff friendly, the food is always good and Murfit plinking away is all we need with a few beers.
Veli the head waiter always makes us welcome and will on occasions sit and eat with us. I have booked scuba trips through him and will always ask his advice on anything.
The Bamboo is well worth a visit even if it is only to have a beer and watch the world go by.
peter

Re: Guestbook: Bamboo Restaurant

Postby Girl from Holland.. » 13 Mar 2005 15:11

admin wrote:Welcome to Guestbook for Bamboo Restaurant. Post your message here.
hi peoples :D how are you doing there? I just want to say that the Bamboo Restaurant is great :D Specially the obers :wink: :oops: ehm..I met someone there..he worked at bamboo..and his name was something with ehm..Yockan..or something like that..I forgot it :? So..I had a great time in Icmeler.. :)my parent don't want to go back next summer :cry: :x I want to..but they don't.. :x grrr...*getting angry*..Anyway..If you are that guy that I met there..or if you know him..send me a e-mail please.. :roll: :) my e-mail is: Well,, thanks in advance :wink: greetz,

Laura..
Girl from Holland..

Advertisement

bamboo

Postby nancy » 22 May 2005 15:55

best thing about bamboo is the beachboy. Yummie
nancy

Postby debi » 25 May 2005 12:48

admin wrote:Bottom left of the canal
:oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry John,I know I'm a bit thick :oops: ,but,is the bottom of the canal the beach end?? :oops: :oops:
debi

Postby Colette » 10 Oct 2006 15:06

Fantastic place, the guy still sings each night, I was the youngest person in there each evening but I didn't care.

Lovely to chill out to after your meal and look at the lovely views across the sea.

Couldn't get Mum and Dad up to dance though :lol:
Colette

Chris

Postby sue1 » 01 Jun 2007 00:17

Hi does Chris work at bamboo still?
sue1
New User
New User

Postby Amy(: » 01 Sep 2008 21:47

The Bamboo has been taken over this year and the service is absolutely disgusting! After being on the beach we decided to go into Bamboo for a drink -- sitting around the side as to be next to the pool-tables. There was no staff covering this area and therefore no service, we had to find a waiter before we could ask for our drinks. After ordering we sat for about 20 minutes waiting for water and diet coke -- through the day, in July, when temperatures are 44 we didnt think this was at all suitable. The table next to us had ordered tea it came without milk or sugar, they didnt come until the tea was cold and undrinkable. This family left without paying so it wasn't just us who felt the service was unacceptable.

Staff were not only slow but extremely unfriendly and a complete contrast to last year where the staff couldnt do enough to make your time in the Bamboo as pleasant as possible. A few of us girls were out going around a few bars for a hen night -- decided to start off in the Bamboo but now wish we hadnt. The staff were not at all welcoming and one decided to stand over us as we drank and quiz the bride-to-be. It wasnt just friendly banter that we got in the other bars -- this felt much more like 20 questions and he was unfriendly and quite rude.

Bring back the old Bamboo!!
Amy(:
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby pdbartlett » 02 Sep 2008 21:08

Sorry that you didn't enjoy it, Amy, as we found it just as good as ever.

The service was good, the food if anything better than before, and the waiters extremely kind -- one even bought our 6 year-old daughter a bracelet!

Not all the new entertainment was to our taste (esp. Tina Turner, etc.) but the modern take on the folk dancing -- a sort of Turkish Riverdance -- was excellent, and some changes were definitely needed. Still, it was good to see that Murfit still has a place in the new setup.

Cheers,
Paul.
pdbartlett

Postby lalagirl » 20 Sep 2008 18:17

It is really great place. I had so good time there and guys, who are working there are really really handsome and sweet and funny. 8) And one of the guys remind me Joe from Jonas Brothers - and i like Joe, he is hot, it means that guy is hot too. 8)
lalagirl

Re: bamboo

Postby Angelica » 01 Oct 2008 11:05

nancy wrote:best thing about bamboo is the beachboy. Yummie

is that Alex u mean ? :)
Angelica
New User
New User

Postby helen2904 » 07 Mar 2009 18:15

I was very sorry to read that some people had not had a good time in Bamboo last year, as it is our best friend and his family that took over from the previous owner. Unfortunately they did not have a lot of time to organise the restaurant as they only received ownership a few weeks before the season started. They were very much aware that there were difficulties and problems with the restaurant, but they did their utmost best to try and keep it going for the 2008 season.

Hopefully 2009 will be a better year for them, and they will have had time to organise themselves and their staff. The plans were to maybe open a Chinese kitchen on the canal side of the restaurant and even open a supermarket at the back. (these were just plans) I have not spoken to our friend for a few weeks as they have been very busy, but I think we need to give them a chance to get settled in. They used to have a fantastic business when they were in the Three Bells and also in Harmony, so please guys give them a chance. All of us know how difficult it is to run a business in Icmeler with tourism being bad for the last couple of years. Maybe the fact that Turkey has not taken up the Euro will maybe help them this year. Let's hope so.

(sorry for going on, but I feel I have just got to support them as they are a hard working family and they deserve to succeed)
helen2904

Postby blondie » 07 Mar 2009 18:28

We've only ever had lunch in the Bamboo (when we've needed a wee break from the beach) but I have to say it was always very good, and we found the staff to be helpful and friendly.
blondie

Advertisement

Postby dimrie » 07 Mar 2009 22:26

Colette,Ma and Pa and I always went here after our evening meal and found it to be a people watching place and enjoyed the "Come Dancing" oh to join in.Loved the plaaaaace we did.

Diane :D
dimrie

Postby reesy1959 » 07 Mar 2009 22:28

I will give it a go in June, where abouts is the Bamboo?
reesy1959

Postby dimrie » 07 Mar 2009 22:37

Mary,bottom of canal on Venice side.Do you go around with eyes shut :lol:

Diane :lol:
dimrie

Postby reesy1959 » 07 Mar 2009 22:46

LOL, normally glazed over with vodka and diet coke Di
reesy1959

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Guestbooks.