Chef Restaurant

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Re: Chef Restaurant

Postby blondie2211 » 24 Aug 2009 12:09

We went here this year for my hubby's birthday, and have to agree that it had gone down hill. Whilst non of us were ill, the food was not as good as in previous years. It was the only bad meal we had the whole fortnight.

Maybe they will see this and make them think again how they are doing things. We were really disappointed with the meal - but the service was still as good, and it was nice to see that Elvis has never changed.
blondie2211

Advertisement

Postby janden » 25 Aug 2009 06:35

Totally agree that the Chef has gone downhill.
It has been our favourite restaurant for some 6/7 years.We went as usual on our first night this June & was greeted by Mehmet , Sadat & the older brother who's name escapes me.
We soon realised that the chefs in the kitchen were different, both main chefs have gone .The standard of our meal was not good & we noticed that Sadat was not his usual self & appeared very quiet & possibly embarassed about it all.
We will try again in Sept & hopefully see an improvement otherwise we will stick with our favourite chef & some of the menu that he has taken with him.

Jan & Denis.
janden

Postby mazz » 30 Sep 2009 20:33

We've just returned (well a week ago), ate at Chef 3 times during the fortnight and I have to say all our meals on each occasion were excellent. In fact I found it better than last year.

Mazz
mazz

Postby andy » 03 Oct 2009 17:12

Went for a meal at the chef in may, we were staying at the marti but one night decided to go out somewhere special for a meal, we chose the chef as in the past its always been one of the best. Unfortunately the meal we had was very dissapointing and very expensive. I chose the filet steak rossinni, when the meal arrived my plate consisted of the smallest steak i've ever had covered in what could only be described as a lump of congealed gravy, it was accompanied by two overcooked roast potatoes and thee sprouts. Wifes meal was exactly the same even though she ordered steak in pepper sauce, the little lads margaritta pizza was basically a small piece of cheese on toast. Certainly won't be using this place in october.
andy

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 04 Nov 2009 17:46

we have eaten as the chef restaurant many times and never had a bad meal so far
all the staff are lovely in there and never push you to come in or hassle you they just want to speak to you
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby mammygazzo » 16 Apr 2010 18:54

I agree with suec I have been going to Icemeler for 10 years and last June my husband and I were persuaded to try Chef. It was absolutely terrible, one of the worst meals I have had in Icemeler. Has anyone ever seen a lasagne with a chip base, no I think not!!! There are so many, much better places to eat.We were there again in July and back in 2 weeks time, it is1 restaurant my party will not be using! :(
mammygazzo

Advertisement

Postby Erik The Viking » 17 Apr 2010 18:19

I agree about Chef, 4 years ago it was hard to beat them for meals, cracking all round. Then something happened, not sure if they lost their chef or what but the meals were abysmal - lamb chops that were thin as a fag paper and were chewy and fatty - steak that was overcooked and spagetti bolognese that tasted of vinegar.

A real shame
Erik The Viking

Postby NIK26 » 18 Apr 2010 21:23

As far as I know the chef from the chef was working in the bonjour last year. We went to the bonjour a few times and it was really good. The chef was our favourite restaurant for about 5 years but last year we were disappointed. We usually have our first meal and last meal at the chef and a few in the fortnight we are in icmeler but last year once was enough. Hopefully this year things will have changed and it will be back on track ill still give it a go just to be sure.
NIK26

Postby ajgaj » 18 Apr 2010 21:51

everyone at Bonjour were excellent last year > Ali Who we have been friends with since 1994 >Fonzy & turbo < and the food was exceptional from breakfast through to evening meals. So much so we are staying there this year for 2 weeks in June :D :D :D :D
ajgaj

Postby helen2904 » 04 May 2010 21:28

I totally agree with most of you. There was certainly something wrong at the Chef last year. We have been going to Chef for many many years because our friend Recep worked there until he got married. The food and staff was always excellent. Last year we felt that they wanted you "in and out", and had no time to talk at the tables like they used to. Elvis was not himself either.
helen2904

Postby diamond » 15 Jun 2010 19:26

Was also disappointed with the Chef this year. :(
diamond

Advertisement

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 19 Jun 2010 20:32

the chef have a new head chef this year according to the owners and they say its better than ever
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby NIK26 » 19 Jun 2010 20:44

Just back from Icmeler last night and pleased to say that the Chef seems to be back on track food was lovely and service back up to the high standard we were all used to.
Elvis seemed to be back to his normal self and was a lot happier than last year and back to his chatty friendly self. Will definitely be eating there again when i return in August :D
NIK26

Postby busdriver ron » 24 Jul 2010 19:21

Hi my first time on this forum, my wife and I just spent 2 fantastic weeks in Icmeler, my 3rd time, 1st in 5 years staying at Diva Hotel and boringly, it may sound, consumed 14 evening meals at Chef, every single One excellent. Speaking to Elvis one evening he said that last year had been very disappointing food wise but that the new chef had got things very much back on track.
busdriver ron
New User
New User

Postby Anndan » 19 Jun 2011 15:30

Have just been 2 weeks in Icmeler, and loved The Chef. Ate there many times, and the food was excellent and high class. Elvis and his team are the best! The all make you feel very welcome, and the atmosphere are always nice. See you all again in August - can't wait :D :D :D
Anndan
New User
New User

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 20 Jun 2011 19:33

completly agree
Elvis is amazing
cant wait to go back in 3 weeks :D
xxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Advertisement

Postby mazz » 15 Jun 2012 19:33

This year The Chef is as good as ever - if not better.

Elvis has done a great job with the new restauarant after the fire. It's modern, fresh, light and comfortable and the food is, of course, excellent.

The menu seems pretty much the same as last summer and prices seemed about the same too.

So Elvis stays in my top 3 :)

I definitely need to start taking longer holidays to fit in more than one visit to all the favourites! :D

Mazz
mazz

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Guestbooks.