Baba Sahin apartments - Terrible Experience!!!!

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Baba Sahin apartments - Terrible Experience!!!!

Postby Vixx » 02 Oct 2012 13:26

Stayed at the Baba Sahin in May 2012. Carol (manager) very pleasant and friendly, the apartments are light and airy. We enjoyed our stay there so much that we booked to go again at the end of September 2012.

This was Carol's last year at Baba Sahin which is probably a good thing.

With 5 days left of our 2 week stay her son-in-law, Murat became very aggressive and abusive towards us when we had asked a simply question about the method in which he had moved our mobility scooter out of the rain, we only asked if had pushed it whilst it was in drive mode as this can damage the motor. He was really nasty.
We don't pay our hard earned money to be spoken to like that. He was really aggressive and I honestly thought he was going to start a fight with us.

We quickly left and went to meet up with our friend who was staying at the Senem.

I was worried to return to Baba Sahin on my own in case Murat attacked me, so my friend went with me and we quickly packed all our belongings into the cases, returned the key and left.

We booked in at the Senem for the remainder of our stay in Icmeler.

People of Icmeler beware of this young man (Murat Ipek), he is nasty piece of work.

Business men of Icmeler, if he comes looking for a job next year, think twice, unless you want your customers to be insulted. He will ruin your business.

This experience ruined my holiday, don't let him ruin yours.
Vixx

Advertisement

Re: Baba Sahin apartments - Terrible Experience!!!!

Postby Fanny » 02 Oct 2012 18:14

Sorry to hear about your experience Vixx - hope you enjoyed the rest of your hol though after you'd moved to the Senem
Fanny

Postby Mulley » 05 Oct 2012 19:41

Hi Vixx, sorry to hear to you had a bad time at the Baba Sahin and can I just say that in the 5 years we have known Murat, Carol and her family we have never seen this sort of behaviour. Murat was extremely hard working, pleasant, friendly and helpful. He even went out of his way for the guests i.e. visiting guests on a daily basis when they were unexpectedly taken into Hospital and he also used to pop to the Bookmakers in Town to put my husband's bets on. As I say, I am sorry you had a bad time in September but I feel I should mention our time at the Baba Sahin which we thoroughly enjoyed as did the other 18 people that we travelled with and certainly would not hesistate to recommend Murat for any future employment.
Mulley

Postby FINNINGLEY1 » 06 Oct 2012 09:19

I feel that i must respond to this review, as there are two sides to every story, and I was stood at the bottom of the stairs when this kicked off.
Murat had moved the motorised wheelchair out of the rain, which I thought was a considerate thing to do in the first place. The gentleman in question started the shouting and swearing asking how he had moved the wheelchair and saying he could have damaged the gearing, this was all done in a raised voice with the odd F word thrown in, at no point did he sound that he was scared of Murat and I didn't hear Murat threaten him. Murat did raise his voice, but was only to explain how he had moved the wheelchair.

In the times that I have been to Baba Sahin I have found Murat to be ever so helpful, he goes out of his way to help every-one, and is a very kind person, why you can ask people not to employ him in the future is not fair.
FINNINGLEY1
New User
New User

Postby SIMON » 07 Oct 2012 08:24

In reply to your post , I had asked Murat , very nicely if he had pushed my scooter in gear , and straight away he jumped up and started shouting at me saying "of course I pushed it , how else do you think I moved it !! " this was said in an angry manner ! So I did say to him that I was asking as I was concerned of damage to the gear box/motor . Yes it was a considerate action to move my scooter out of the rain , I am not disputing this action . It was just his attitude regarding this matter , he then started shouting " why you talk to me like B###tard " I had asked a simple question and did not expect to be talked to in this manner ! and yes I did raise my voice ( what would you have done ? just stand there and say nothing ?). I was there and not stood at the bottom of the stairs ( which are quite away from where the conversation took place and from where you were stood then you will have only heard it from the point of raised voices and not from the start of the conversation !) Carol is a fantastic host at these apartments and that is why we had returned to her and have no problems what so ever with her . I have been coming to Icmeler for 17 years and have never had a problem with ANY ONE , until now , all I asked was a simple "polite" Question and He starting shouting at me , would you have not stood up for your self or would you have just stood there and bowed down to him ?
I just wanted to forget this matter but I just feel I have to reply to your post as you were not stood where it happened and where quite away from where it took place , and yes there are always two sides to every story !
SIMON
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.