Love star

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Love star

Postby chris2bl » 22 Sep 2012 19:00

We have just returned from our holiday we had a lot of lovely breakfasts at the Lovestar as well as occasional lunchtime snacks. Chris and Hayley look after you well and the restaurant is relaxing great for a chill out.
chris2bl
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Love star

Postby shortie1964 » 23 Sep 2012 09:32

Likewise we have just returned ate at Love star 12 out of 14 nights, Chris, Haley, Onur and all the staff couldn't be anymore accommodating, can't wait to return next year. Missing the food already :D
shortie1964

Postby Roy » 23 Sep 2012 17:09

Having been several times have to agree that the food is very good, however have to say in my opinion there's bit too much 'faffing about' (i.e. including showing customers meals on their way on the trolley to other tables, someone at their table being shown six bottles of beer to chose from); we had to wait an hour on our first visit for our meal when the restaurant was only about half full but as I say the food was good enough for us to return to see if it was any different.
It is commendable how Chris tries so hard to please everyone but he needs more staff to achieve & maintain this. He's on the 'door' explaining the menu & tempting people in, taking orders, serving drinks, serving mezes & starters, serving mains, which he likes to do from the pan/dish or whatever onto your plate, checking you are happy, giving bills, free coffee or liquors etc saying goodbye, meantime people are waiting for their complimentary mezes for over 30 mins & it's not the kitchen staff's fault as I have watched them ringing the bell 3 times for them to be delivered to the tables, & he does like to talk to his customers. Lets not forget his wife is pregnant & baby is due in November. More quality staff trained by Chris would enhance their reputation & custom as well as boost profits as every time we've been it's only 2 staff working the tables.
Roy

Postby Sami » 07 Jun 2013 11:00

Roy, a very good point you have with Lovestar. I used to dine there many times whilst on holiday purely for the good service of Chris and little chats with Hayley. Last year, I took a friend in there for dinner and though the restaurant was busy to start with, it soon emptied. There was a large table behind us where all the guests looked a little less than happy. They had been waiting an hour for starters and apparently the drinks had taken a long while too. Chris took our order including drinks and sure enough took ages for anything to come. Got drinks and then starters did not arrive, unfortunately for us the kitchen had lost the order. That had never happened to me before and I shall give Chris his due, gave me loads of discount and mistakes happen. I have to say though, it has put me off a little.
Sami

Postby icemeler5 » 10 Jun 2013 09:00

Five of us tried Love Star last year and the standard of service was a complete shambles. We waited so long and they did bring our starters after our mains!! Looking at the faces of customers on other tables I'm surprised a riot didn't start. We are not usually people who complain but it was so bad I did say something to the owners wife and her reply was "yes I'm sorry we are in a mess tonight" and that was it. No discount or even a drink was offered, so 5 very unhappy customers walked from Love Star for the last time.
icemeler5

Postby Roy » 15 Jun 2013 14:34

Been in a couple of times so far this year & no complaints whatsoever. On walking past the restaurant it has been very quiet so hopefully they don't end up suffering because of comments about last year. Our meals varied each visit & included steak, egg & chips, casseroles & also octopus. Chris was his usual self & a couple of new waiters seemed efficient & polite. :D
Roy

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.