The Red Lion

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

The Red Lion

Postby geordiedave1964 » 08 Aug 2012 21:54

HAVE THE RED LION CHANGED THEIR CHEF AS ALL 4 OF US WERE DISAPPOINTED IN THE MEALSTHIS YEAR AND THEY ARE NORMALLY SPOT ON
geordiedave1964

Advertisement

Re: The Red Lion

Postby blondie » 09 Aug 2012 08:00

No idea about change of chef, but I've only ever eaten in there once (not this year) and the meal was very disappointing then. Hassle was really bad too - wouldn't step foot back in the place again, to be honest.
blondie

Postby smc4761 » 09 Aug 2012 09:14

one of the worst for hassle, after the Romance Palace. I find the food to be a bit hit or miss. Been boefore several times and the food was great although service was little slow. Been twice in last 2 years and the food was disappointing
smc4761

Postby dotty » 09 Aug 2012 19:20

Had a meal in Red Lion twice in June, both times I thought were very good. Also had breakfast one day and it was good too. Will be going back again in September as we thought the staff were friendly and entertainment OK.
dotty

Postby Chocoholic » 11 Aug 2012 12:44

I went with my friend a couple of years ago and we were left at our table unattended for ages. Larger groups of people who came came in after us who they obviously knew and probably spent a lot were being attended to and served while we were sat and ignored like we were either lepers or invisible. We went after after a while of waiting, we were not in a corner either- we were sat at a prominent table. I will never ever set foot in that place again. I have never been treated like that in any of the other restaurants in Icmeler.
Chocoholic

Postby geordiedave1964 » 13 Aug 2012 08:54

Mehmet on the door is great but I just feel the chef must have left as the food is defo not as good as last year
geordiedave1964

Advertisement

Postby Fanny » 22 Aug 2012 10:37

We only visited this place once in the 10 years we've been going to Icmeler, and that was only because of good reviews on here.
Have to say it's the worst meal we've ever had anywhere either at home or abroad - apart from my daughter's pizza. We told them at the time and didn't pay for the 3 steak meals that were inedible. To be fair to them though, we'd only gone in late on and they wouldn't have had time to make fresh ones - perhaps they would have been OK??
Based on our experience there, we will not go back - too many good places around for us to take a chance on Red Lion again
Fanny

Postby Carole » 23 Aug 2012 16:51

Ref Lion chef now at Dolce Vita.
Carole

Postby Paul Tino » 26 Aug 2012 15:27

yes went in there, didnt eat as we had seen what was been served on the next table, had a couple of drinks and all we got was when are you coming for something to eat here,,,,Tomorrow yes, maybe nest day and how many of you. Even went on a boat trip and as i sat there on the top deck i said to my wife, were do we know him from? Its the fella from the Red Lion he was a nice enough chap but he was asking people when they could come to his restaurant,,,give us a break mate.
Paul Tino
New User
New User

Postby Brownie1 » 31 Aug 2012 11:12

This was one place we avoided this year.

We went in for breakfast one morning but this wasn't enough. Got menus thrown at us - wanting to know when to book us in etc etc.

I must admit this was the only restaurant where I stayed on the opposite side of the road until we passed!!!

Other restaurants a bit rude were Melissa and Richard's Place - surprisingly.
Brownie1

Postby feefee1970 » 28 Oct 2012 22:59

I aviod this one like the the plague heard someone in 2008 saying it was rubbish and have steered clear

i was gonna try one time but the doorman is way to pudhy for my liking
feefee1970

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 29 Oct 2012 07:02

We've never been back after a really disappointing experience a few years back, but were passing in September and yes, the pushy doorman was at it again. He even followed my husband down the side street to try to persuade us to go in - and wasn't best pleased when I said I'd never set foot in the place again!
blondie

Postby toonarmybarmy » 19 May 2013 07:06

Not been in here since watching a Newcastle match around 8 years ago and had no complaints. Been past a few times this time but not been hassled. Just the normal polite banter.
As far as the food is concerned. I was told yesterday by his brother Ilhami that the the chef from the Dream 3 Bells is working there this year.
toonarmybarmy

Postby sirkyboy » 20 May 2013 20:27

Went first time this year for lunch and it was ok. Staff very pushy asking for us to go for tea etc.

Went again a few days later for a 99p breakie (you have to at that price) and again pushy asking if we want more drinks after only a sip or two taken of the current one.

Food was ok but won't be going back due to staff
sirkyboy

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.