Cafe Rose

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Re: Cafe Rose

Postby MistySunshine » 12 Jul 2012 12:08

Hi Justin,
We will go to the waterpark - Aquadream a couple of times. Our girls love it.
Will also do another boat trip if we can, not an all inclusive one, but we will book with ICR as soon as we get to the resort. Wouldn't know about the animal welfare on the Horse Safari, hopefully some of the others will let you know.Totally agree with what your saying about their welfare.
We also really like getting the water taxi to marmaris and going to Turunc.
My girls really liked the inflatable climbing thing at the beach. Its like a rock wall but in the water, together with an obstacle type course thing. They had loads of fun doing that.
Not sure about any other trips, as we will see when we get there. Although I think we will do some.
Most importantly I will be relaxing and enoying being back in Icmeler :D
MistySunshine

Advertisement

Postby haydn » 12 Jul 2012 17:29

am i right in thining that if i want to eat at cafe rose on say a sunday, i need to go in on the saturday to book a table and choose my meal
haydn

Postby helen2904 » 13 Jul 2012 12:52

Hi Haydn, she does not make a sunday dinner if that is what you are after. Its just basic menu during the day, but she does her own turkish evening once a week, this consists mainly of casseroles etc. We tend to go during the day, best egg and chips in Icmeler and her pancakes are divine! (not good for the waistline though) ha ha ha. Well worth giving this little gem a try. This is our favourite place at lunchtime. Hope you have a good holiday.

Helen
helen2904

Postby haydn » 13 Jul 2012 15:09

dont do sunday dinner especially when in turkey. no we wanted to go for an evening meal, could be any night sunday monday whenever. just wanted some traditional turkish food. but wondered if we had to book the night before, what sort of food do they do in the evening, is it just casserole, or with some other food
haydn

Postby Fanny » 13 Jul 2012 16:48

Hi Haydn, I know you've to book beforehand for her turkish evening but think you're OK for other evenings
Am sure Helen will be able to confirm when she comes on here
Fanny

Postby Fanny » 13 Jul 2012 17:01

Haydn, just checked out FB page and there's quite a few photos on there, looks like your turkish food cravings could be sorted - don't forget to have some of her amazing chips though haha

One that was posted March 11 saying to book for Weds and Fri Turkish nights - was 30TL, food was "Fresh Beans, Stuffed Wine Leaf, Cheese Rolls, Fried pepper with garlic yoghurt sauce, Patatoes Salad, Chicken Saute and Rice, and Fruit. Likely that was from 2010 season I think?
Anyway, here's the link http://www.facebook.com/messages/100002 ... acan.yasar
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby helen2904 » 15 Jul 2012 05:50

Hi Haydn, Fanny is absolutely correct. You do have to book for her Turkish Evening, but otherwise she is open for normal dining every night of the week. Pay her a visit if you can, lovely surroundings, and as I have mentioned before, its lovely to chill out there during the day when it gets really hot. Guluzar (Rose) is a lovely lady who does smashing food.

Last year we had friends from our village at home who were on a cruise that came into Marmaris. We made arrangements to pick them up from the quay and bring them back to Icmeler with us for the day. We decided to show them Cafe Rose and treat them to lunch. They were so impressed having heard us speak so much about her little cafe. However, during lunch we got talking to Guluzar, telling her that they were only in Icmeler for the day, and that we wanted to show them as much as we could during the short time that they had with us. Once we had settled our bill she told us all to get into her car, and that she was going to take us all around Icmeler to show our friends the sights of Icmeler, due to the fact that they only had a few hours with us. This is typical of her kindness. Our friends still talk to this day of how she took them around the resort. They saw places that they would never have seen had they been on their own in Icmeler. Again, as what has been said many a time before, this is just typical kindness shown by turkish people.

Can't wait to see her.

Helen
helen2904

Postby dragon » 04 Aug 2014 12:04

Went to Cafe Rose for the first time. We had always intended to go but never got there, somehow. The meal was excellent and so is the service. By the end of the meal I was as stuffed as the peppers had been lol. The funny thing was that I don't like green peppers but the way that she had made them was lovely. Roll on next July and I will definitely be in Cafe Rose on the first wednesday after we arrive :)
dragon

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Guestbooks.