Home Bar

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

"HOME" from Home

Postby hearts05 » 05 Aug 2011 19:00

Can't find original post - so thought I would remind everyone of a great new restaurant which has opened in Icmeler this year called "HOME"!!

"Home" can be found under the Alinda Hotel, opposite the Blue Rainbow, and is run by Kazim who used to be the head waiter at The Prince.

The food is fantastic - the chicken kazz and chicken cacciatore are to die for. The cocktails are also excellent and are very reasonably priced in comparison to other bars in. The Strawberry Daiquiri and Mud Slides are gorgeous.

Home has a lovely atmosphere and the staff really are fantastic. It really is "Home" from home.

Go on - give it a try!!!! :D :D :D
hearts05
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: "HOME" from Home

Postby jennierennie » 06 Aug 2011 10:11

We also had some lovely nights with Kazim, Uhmet, Mustapha and their colleagues and I agree about the chicken cacciatore :) Because Kazim insists on cooking everything freshly there was sometimes a bit of a wait for the food, but it was always delicious. I'd love to see them do well as it seems lots of places are feeling the effects of so many more hotels offering all-inclusive.
jennierennie
New User
New User

Postby Vikki » 06 Aug 2011 10:39

I for one will be checking this place out heard alot of good things about this new place ...Ahhh few more weeks and i will be there :D
Vikki

Postby hearts05 » 06 Aug 2011 13:02

It is great Vicki - you will love it!!!

Oh I wish I was there now with one of Omer's gorgeous cocktails......... :D :D :D

If you get the chance and you like fish you should try the fish in salt. Absolutely delicious and a really good price in comparison to how much I have paid for the same in other places.
hearts05
New User
New User

Home Bar

Postby JT » 06 Aug 2011 19:10

""
JT
Admin
Admin

Re: Home Bar

Postby Glasgow Girl » 11 Aug 2011 20:50

Aww Im glad somebody else started a new thread about this place. Unfortunately the old thread from the main forum was deleted after I reacted to a couple of obstinate comments insinuating I may have alterior motives for raving about this place!

That aside...

My family and I had a few delicious meals in Home. I loved the Turkish dishes, namely the Iskender kebab and Izmir Kofte. The kids loved the fact they could have a half portion of anything they fancied which gave them a bit more variety than most kids menus. My dad loved the steaks which in his opinion were cooked to perfection and the best he has had yet in Icmeler. Its great that Kazim is cooking everything from fresh, you can really taste the quality of the food. The only other restaurant I've been to that I know do this is the waterfall.

I liked the nice relaxing homely atmosphere of the place and the staff are very friendly, chatty and attentive. Omer's cocktails are gorgeous. I'm normally hooked on Mojito's but I did try their fresh berry daquiris and they were very moreish and we had many a dance on the gorgeous mosaic floor to DJ Umit's tunes!

They have their own spot at the beach where we ordered snacks during the day which were delivered quickly and were reasonably priced.

Pricewise we found them very competitive compared to other restaurants for drinks and food and we'll definitely be back. Its just another little gem that I'll be adding to my ever expanding list of favourites :)
Glasgow Girl

Advertisement

Postby hearts05 » 28 Aug 2011 15:17

Heading back to Icmeler next week!

Can't wait to go and see all the lads in Home :D. Friday nights dinner for me will be Kazim's gorgeous chicken cacciatore and a few of Omer's fabulous strawberry daiquiries

Ooooh, the mouth is watering already - yum, yum.

Who is going to come and join me? :lol: :lol: :lol:
hearts05
New User
New User

Postby Glasgow Girl » 29 Aug 2011 19:04

Ooooh you lucky devil! Wish it was me!!!!! Have a few cocktails for me and have a fab time. Am still hoping for a cheeky wee cheap flight in October....if such a thing exists these days!

Be adventurous and try something different from the menu :lol: Can't wait to hear all about it! Xx
Glasgow Girl

Postby hearts05 » 17 Sep 2011 14:23

Just back from Icmeler once again and spent a lot of time in "Home"!!

I pushed the boat out Glasgow Girl and tried some other things on the menu. The Iskender Kebab is absolutely fantastic as is the Sac Kavurma.

I told some other guests in our hotel about "Home" and they went along and said that the food was some of the best they had ever tasted!!

Missing all the gorgeous and friendly boys in "Home" - see you next year!!!!
hearts05
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.