Whats your idea about Authentic Turkish Food?

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Whats your idea about Authentic Turkish Food?

Postby LAL » 24 Jul 2011 10:22

In İcmeler 90% English,İtalian,Chinise,İndian etc. kitchen serving but only 10% Turkish kitchen you can see.So what is the reason for that?
LAL
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Whats your idea about Authentic Turkish Food?

Postby Chocoholic » 24 Jul 2011 10:34

I have no idea of the reason for that. Has just made me aware of how ridiculous it all seems. Demand and supply I suppose. I would rather go to a foreign land and eat only their food but people expect to get what they get here in the UK. No disrespect but take the previous thread- a member asking if there is the drink Umbongo in Icmeler? Personally I would be quite happy if they got rid of all the McDonalds and all the chicken/fish and chips etc and had traditional food. The world has changed and not for the better as more people are now vastly overweight and do not eat healthily. When in Rome...........
Chocoholic

Postby blondie » 24 Jul 2011 10:56

I agree with Chocoholic - when I go to Turkey, I want to eat Turkish food, and I feel it's a pity there aren't more authentically Turkish restaurants. Perhaps it's because Turkish cuisine isn't that well known outside Turkey = people tend to think it's just doner kebabs! - and therefore don't know what to expect.
blondie

Postby janeypoos » 24 Jul 2011 11:00

I don't understand people who go abroad but expect to find the same food as they eat at home.

I will be doing that in some respect when I come as I only really cook Turkish food at home for myself and my son and I will be searching out authentic Turk restaurants to eat in, purely to taste the foods as they should taste and not how I make them, lol!

We never eat chips (home or abroad). I only want to eat Chinese food from a Chinese restaurant. Same with Italian, Indian etc.
Why would I come to Turkey to eat another nations cuisine? It does not make sense to me.

I understand if people have young children it can be difficult to get them to try new flavours. My son was just over 2 years old when I first visited Turkey (he's almost 14 now) and it was very difficult to find foods that he'd eat, in fact the first time he lived mainly on bread, peynir and chicken!

After visiting Turkey many times and living there he soon grew to love the cuisine, as I do.

I would love to think that when we come in August there will be an abundance of Turkish restaurants and very few of the 'foreign' ones but I know this will not be the case.

My money will only be spent in restaurants serving authentic cuisine and nothing else. :-)
janeypoos

Postby LAL » 24 Jul 2011 11:03

Chocoholic wrote:I have no idea of the reason for that. Has just made me aware of how ridiculous it all seems. Demand and supply I suppose. I would rather go to a foreign land and eat only their food but people expect to get what they get here in the UK. No disrespect but take the previous thread- a member asking if there is the drink Umbongo in Icmeler? Personally I would be quite happy if they got rid of all the McDonalds and all the chicken/fish and chips etc and had traditional food. The world has changed and not for the better as more people are now vastly overweight and do not eat healthily. When in Rome...........

Demand and supply can be one of the reason for me also.on the other hand ı agree with you about unhealty foods all around us.ı have some ıdeas about other kitchen but l know much about Turkish Kitchen. So ıt can be our mistake not to explane enough about our Kitchen or people dont have enough idea about it.Most important reason must be while choosing food to eat first healty then testy.Kids groving up with chips and coke.Thats the worst.Future populations ll affacted more and more.Also in Turkey we are loosing our eating style.Young generations following McDonalds and Burger King.
Thanks a lot sharing ur idea ;İn future l ll try to give some examples about Turkish foods here.Best wishes
LAL
New User
New User

Postby LAL » 24 Jul 2011 11:13

blondie wrote:I agree with Chocoholic - when I go to Turkey, I want to eat Turkish food, and I feel it's a pity there aren't more authentically Turkish restaurants. Perhaps it's because Turkish cuisine isn't that well known outside Turkey = people tend to think it's just doner kebabs! - and therefore don't know what to expect.

blondie
you are right about Turkish cuisine isn't that well known outside Turkey .Its shame for Turkey that people tend to think it's just döner kebabs.ı feel its our duty to explane our kitchen and make more people to meet with it.
LAL
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 24 Jul 2011 11:18

LAL wrote:
blondie wrote:I agree with Chocoholic - when I go to Turkey, I want to eat Turkish food, and I feel it's a pity there aren't more authentically Turkish restaurants. Perhaps it's because Turkish cuisine isn't that well known outside Turkey = people tend to think it's just doner kebabs! - and therefore don't know what to expect.

blondie
you are right about Turkish cuisine isn't that well known outside Turkey .Its shame for Turkey that people tend to think it's just döner kebabs.ı feel its our duty to explane our kitchen and make more people to meet with it.

It is a shame - I often find that people who haven't been to Turkey are amazed when I tell them about the wonderful food and the variety of meals from different parts of the country too. They think of the type of kebabs we get here in the UK, and don't realise there are so many varieties of Turkish cooking and how delicious it is.
blondie

Postby rakigirl » 24 Jul 2011 12:26

Hi LAL, Iam slightly confused with some of your posts, your name and posts above suggest that you work/own at the Lal, yet on one of your previous posts you talk about being charged for wine you thought was free and complain about only getting 4 meatballs for a main course and being charged 21 lira for them while at the Lal.

Could you clarrify for us if indeed you do work at the Lal or dont.

rakigirl

Postby blondie » 24 Jul 2011 12:30

I think the post about charged for wine, etc, was a quote from another poster, and not a post from Lal themselves. I was under the impression that the poster called LAL was indeed the restaurant of the same name.
blondie

Postby rakigirl » 24 Jul 2011 12:32

blondie wrote:I think the post about charged for wine, etc, was a quote from another poster, and not a post from Lal themselves. I was under the impression that the poster called LAL was indeed the restaurant of the same name.

Aaaa my mistake, sorry for my missunderstanding :oops: :oops: :oops:
rakigirl

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.