Hanedan ocakbasi

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Hanedan ocakbasi

Postby art deuchars » 16 Sep 2010 09:07

give it a go its on the same street as the lal
art deuchars

Advertisement

Re: Hanedan ocakbasi

Postby ochlynda » 16 Sep 2010 12:57

Lovely place this we ate here in July. We reckon it's better than the Lal.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby blondie » 18 Sep 2010 13:51

I like the sounds of this - adding it to my "must try" list for October!
blondie

Postby dragon » 18 Sep 2010 14:55

I've never heard of this one. It's on the same road as the Lal but how far up and between which other restaurants? My directions are based on other bars and restaurants!!
dragon

Postby blondie » 18 Sep 2010 15:56

Going from the main road where the Tansas, etc, is, the Hanedan is on the right hand side, not quite as far up as the Lal.
blondie

Postby dragon » 19 Sep 2010 17:36

Thanks Blondie.
Don't know how we can have missed it as as we went to the Lal and the Romance. Will definitely go next year.
...I've just remembered we took the back streets behind Tansas when we went to these restaurants and not the main road, which explains how we missed it.
dragon

Advertisement

Postby ochlynda » 20 Sep 2010 08:46

It is right next door to the Babadan apartments.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby dragon » 20 Sep 2010 14:07

Thanks Lynda. When we went to the Lal we took the side road that comes out opposite it. To go to the Romance we took the side road that comes out alongside it. Typical! the only bit of road that we missed. This goes to show that you need to have a good wander around every year as there are so many changes.
dragon

Postby blondie » 02 Jul 2011 17:54

Decided to try the Hanedan - and so glad we did, as it was the best meal we had during our two weeks, in fact - probably one of the best meals we've ever had in Icmeler (and that's saying something, as we've never really had a bad meal).
If you want to eat authentic Turkish food in a nice relaxing atmosphere (no loud music, dancing waiters, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner etc) then this is the place. The food is absolutely superb - no rice or chips (unless you specially ask for them), everything cooked freshly and to perfection.
One word of warning though - the portions are big, the meze starter alone is almost a meal in itself. We had lavash bread with the usual dips, accompanied by home-made couscous, houmous, chargrilled vegetables and salad, as well as a little pide.
The main courses were delicious - I had the Sastim Kebab, which was chicken breast and steak rolled and stuffed with mushrooms and cheese, and absolutely mouthwatering.
The owner was very friendly and helpful - spot on in the level of attention and very informative about the food.
Really can't recommend the Hanedan highly enough - and price-wise, it was on a par with most of the other meals we had during our stay, and worth every penny!
blondie

Postby Lisalala » 29 Jul 2011 14:37

Had the best ever meal here on Tuesday night - very authentic. I had the Chicken Topkapi. Delicious! Would recommend to anyone to give this restaurant a try :D
Lisalala

Postby Fanny » 29 Jul 2011 17:14

This place sounds great and is on our route into town from the aparts - what sort of prices are the meals and do they have daily specials eg soup, chicken dish and afters for a fixed price??
Do they serve alcohol?
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 29 Jul 2011 17:45

Yes, they serve alcohol, Fanny - don't think they had set menus when we were there in June, but you get a meze platter to begin with which is a meal in itself. We found the prices pretty much on a par with other restaurants, to be honest.
blondie

Postby Fanny » 30 Jul 2011 08:31

Thanks for that blondie - thought it may have been a "dry" house. We love Turkish food, so it's def one for us to try some time from Monday onwards.
GIven the number of places that we fancy en route into town, we may struggle to make it to our usual haunts down by the canal or towards the beach haha
Fanny

Postby reesy1959 » 30 Jul 2011 09:15

Fanny wrote:GIven the number of places that we fancy en route into town, we may struggle to make it to our usual haunts down by the canal or towards the beach haha

That is the ONLY problem with Icmeler :lol: Have a fabulous time with your Daughter Fanny xx
reesy1959

Postby lauren_jayne » 01 Aug 2011 19:56

What a great place this is, Have known the Ahmet for many years now since 2004 to be precise and he is a great guy.
Nothing is too much trouble :) not to mention the gorgeous food, not your normal meals that you would get in other restaurants but totally worth every bit. I will be returning again in September and will spend most evenings here.
lauren_jayne

Postby janeypoos » 03 Aug 2011 07:50

lauren_jayne wrote:What a great place this is, Have known the Ahmet for many years now since 2004 to be precise and he is a great guy.
Nothing is too much trouble :) not to mention the gorgeous food, not your normal meals that you would get in other restaurants but totally worth every bit. I will be returning again in September and will spend most evenings here.

Hi Lauren I'm looking forward to eating most evenings in Hanedan when we go to Icmeler (21days!!), can you give me a rough idea on meal prices please as we're on a bit of a tight budget. As I said we are hoping to have most of our dinners hear as it sounds like the best for authentic Turk cuisine and excellent service.
janeypoos

Advertisement

Postby dragon » 05 Aug 2011 16:25

Definitely the best meals we've ever eaten in Içmeler and we've had some very nice ones in the past. The lavaş and mezes were lovely and they obviously use extra ingredients when making the lavaş as it was even tastier than the ones served in other restaurants. We had various meals from the menu and all of them were excellent. After the first visit we learned not to have a starter as the meal was so big.

Next year it will be the first and last restaurant to visit, with a few visits inbetween :D
dragon

Postby janeypoos » 05 Aug 2011 18:15

dragon wrote:Definitely the best meals we've ever eaten in Içmeler and we've had some very nice ones in the past. The lavaş and mezes were lovely and they obviously use extra ingredients when making the lavaş as it was even tastier than the ones served in other restaurants. We had various meals from the menu and all of them were excellent. After the first visit we learned not to have a starter as the meal was so big.

Next year it will be the first and last restaurant to visit, with a few visits inbetween :D

Dragon for me it is definitely going to be the where we have our first dinner and hopefully each one after that as I've heard nothing but totally positive reviews of this restaurant.
I will be holidaying with my Turkish husband so I am sure he will love it too as I think the guys at Hanedan are from Urfa the same as Mehmet, it might make him feel like he's at home, lol! :D
janeypoos

Postby bellabella » 14 Oct 2011 13:38

Had excellent first meal here, when owner said I may not have the cleanest kitchen but I use the freshest ingredients I thought ok maybe he means tidy rather than clean. However on our return visit I was disgusted to see the main chef with a cig in one hand whilst preparing food with the other, he was quite openly having a fag and making the kebabs. We said to the owner that we thought the place was great but he had to sort that bit out, he just shrugged and said most Turkish chefs do that, I think the likes of the chef where they're not allowed to carry a packet in their pocket would be horrified at being painted with the same brush.
bellabella

Postby janeypoos » 14 Oct 2011 13:46

bellabella wrote:Had excellent first meal here, when owner said I may not have the cleanest kitchen but I use the freshest ingredients I thought ok maybe he means tidy rather than clean. However on our return visit I was disgusted to see the main chef with a cig in one hand whilst preparing food with the other, he was quite openly having a fag and making the kebabs. We said to the owner that we thought the place was great but he had to sort that bit out, he just shrugged and said most Turkish chefs do that, I think the likes of the chef where they're not allowed to carry a packet in their pocket would be horrified at being painted with the same brush.

Unfortunately smoking is as natural as breathing (!!) to Turks so I am not at all surprised at what you saw as I have seen this myself too many times for it to even register any more, it is quite normal, lol!
janeypoos

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Guestbooks.