Captain Sinbad (Old Village)

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Captain Sinbad (Old Village)

Postby helen2904 » 23 Jul 2010 19:22

Has anybody been up to Captain Sinbad this year? Last year the food was absolutely gorgeous. The best steak I've ever tasted in all my 16 years in Icmeler. They also do a fantastic turkish dish called Karnyiaryc (aubergine stuffed with chicken, beef, lamb and vegetables, sprinkled with cheese and then put back in the oven) this is to die for!
Can't wait to visit Captain Sinbad when we visit in 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
helen2904

Advertisement

Re: Captain Sinbad (Old Village)

Postby laura180306 » 27 Jul 2010 09:05

We visited a fortnight ago! Food beautiful as always. My hubby & step-daughter pre-ordered a leg of lamb and they said it was beautifully tender & tasty. I had the chicken casserole (as I always do!) and it was fantastic! You won't be disappointed! Hope this helps :D
laura180306

Postby DODGY DAVE » 06 Aug 2010 20:19

Hi all just got back after two weeks in paradise , ate at Sinbads two evenings and called in for a beer and a game of pool with Menap a couple of times during the day . We had steaks the first time , then pre ordered leg of lamb for 3 one evening and both times we ate there were fantastic , the food is to die for and the fresh baklava and ice cream for afters was lovely .Sidik and family ( too many cousins to count ) were very friendly and we had great times there . He even came and picked us all up from our hotel and dropped us off at the end of the evening . Cant praise them enough , give it a try .
DODGY DAVE

Postby bazaaliya » 02 Oct 2010 15:42

Hi there..
we came back from Turkey 2 weeks ago, we went to Icmeler and Marmaris during our weeks stay. Captain Sinbad was by far the best restaurant we visited. It is a family-run business. The food was absoloutely delicious,made with love by the lovely female chef! We couldn't have asked for a more welcome reception by the two friendly brothers that run the place. The main owner sat with us for the rest of the evening chatting away! It is a busy restaurant at times which proves that that is so for a reason! Very cosy feel to the restaurant, relaxing atmosphere if you want to get away from all the noise of Icmeler! Restaurant includes tv and a pool table. Me and my sister even got to feed the rabbits and chickens :D .

P.s; (if the owners are reading this...from bazaaliya family (you know who we are!)) :lol:
bazaaliya
New User
New User

Postby Joan_Woodall » 14 Oct 2010 14:56

Hi

Came back from Icmeler about 3 weeks ago and visited Captain Sinbads several times. Sidyk used to work at Efes Inn with one of his brothers, Mehmet, who now works at the Blue Star Apartments.

Sidyk has been at Sinbad's for two seasons. It is a family run business and he and his wife prepare beautiful meals, very tender steaks and the garlic mushrooms are to die for (they were my idea by the way).

If anybody doesn't know where he is, walk past the Waterfall bar on the left hand side of the main street as if walking from the beach front out of the resort and when the road bends round to the right (over the canal) turn left and walk straight down until you come to a crossroads (Turkish style) and head straight on towards the mosque. Sidyk is about a 5 minute walk that way, passing Cafe Rose on the way.

You will enjoy a lovely meal in a tranquil setting with the most hospitable host you could wish for. He even offers to drive you back to your hotel if he is not too busy. Can't be bad.

Joan Woodall
Joan_Woodall
New User
New User

Postby biddy » 11 Apr 2011 20:03

We will be ruturning to Icmeler for the 3rd time this summer...We will be staying at Club Tokmak in the old village, was wondering how far we are from Captain Sinbad...Have heard good things about this place, but only after we came home..... 8) 8) 8)
biddy

Advertisement

Postby geordiespurs » 12 Apr 2011 16:09

we stay at the club tokmak every year and often have a wonder down to caprtain sinbad's for eother lunch or evening meal, its about a ten to fifteen minute stroll, and an ideal place if you have kids as they have a free pool table and colouring in books to keep them occupied
geordiespurs

Postby dksbbs » 12 Apr 2011 21:32

We have been informed that Sidik have moved from Captain Sinbads and opened a new restaurant.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby Kneale » 27 Apr 2011 00:12

dksbbs wrote:We have been informed that Sidik have moved from Captain Sinbads and opened a new restaurant.

Dave

Where is it?
Kneale

Postby dksbbs » 04 May 2011 19:19

Apologies in the delay in replying, come out of Captain Sindads and head towards the Wembley bar, here turn left and the restayrant is 30-50 metres on the right.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby Brighteyes » 11 May 2011 17:11

Can somebody please give me directions from the Romance Restaurant?

Thanks
Ellie
Brighteyes

Advertisement

Postby mr magoo » 12 May 2011 10:59

hi Brighteyes,

head up the road past Romance. keep going, you'll pass Lal on opposite side of the road and a couple of others till you come to crossroads and traffic lights. cross road, walk past Wembley bar and the new restaurant is 50-100 yards further on. basically, a straight line up from Romance.

magoo
mr magoo

Postby Brighteyes » 12 May 2011 14:05

Thank you

I will pay them a visit in July

Brighteyes
Brighteyes

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.