Tandoori Sizzler

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Tandoori Sizzler

Postby david7weeks1d » 06 Jul 2010 00:59

Sizzlers is just underneath the ICR office ,I was told that last year it was a bar, now it is a fantastic curry house and chinese restaurant. The owners Hakan and Levant two brothers ,have made the place look very inviting and they have employed 2 chefs, one only cooks Indian food the other Chinese. It serves the best curries outside of India all is cooked fresh to order, no packet sauces here, you can even watch the chefs prepare the food. They had specials on for about 30 lira including a drink which for the quaity of the food and service is not bad , even if it's just once ,go there if you love a good curry, but i warn you if you like biriani you better be hungry its a massive dish but I got through it haha..... the boys will make you very welcome ....a must try place for all you curry lovers!
david7weeks1d
New User
New User

Advertisement

Tandoori Sizzler

Postby Cummo » 19 Jul 2010 09:41

Hello all

I just wanted to post this to say what a great meal we had at Hakan and Levents new restaurant. After what i was told was a wobbly start for them, they seem to have ironed out any issues and the place is really good.

John
Cummo

Re: Tandoori Sizzler

Postby laura180306 » 19 Jul 2010 11:36

Totally agree! We went to this place twice when we were across & it's the best indian/chinese food you'll get in Icmeler. There set meals: any soup, chinese dish & egg fried rice, £9.75! Great value for money & soooo tasty!
laura180306

Postby jules 1 » 19 Jul 2010 17:14

We also had the set meal and sorry but I have to disagree, although the food was okay it was nothing fantastic it is not a place I would hurry back to
jules 1

Postby ochlynda » 19 Jul 2010 18:14

jules 1 wrote:We also had the set meal and sorry but I have to disagree, although the food was okay it was nothing fantastic it is not a place I would hurry back to

We felt the same jules, we also had to wait 1hour 15 mins from we ordered our food until our starters arrived and although there was people in it that night it was by no means busy.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby dodge » 19 Jul 2010 18:50

Hi All
My sons mates got back yesterday & I asked if they had tried the tandoori sizzler but he said no as everytime they went past it was empty

cheers dodge :(
dodge

Advertisement

Postby jackonews » 19 Jul 2010 19:16

we tried the sizzler when we were there beginning of july,4 of us ,3 had indian and i had chinese each time ,set menu was good value.
The food itself was excellent and could not be faulted,the service was a bit slow the first time but it was packed that night so put it down to that ,the second time it was served at a normal time even though it was fairly busy.
the meals are cooked to order and 2 seperate chefs for each of indian and chinese meals.
I think you should give it a try ,the food was good well worth visit.
jackonews

Postby ochlynda » 19 Jul 2010 19:22

Glad your experience was a lot better than ours jackonews. We had high hopes for this place and were very disappointed with it. We certainly won't give it another go.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby Cummo » 20 Jul 2010 09:14

Hi All

I had heard and witnessed the slow service suffered by Ochlynda at the TS and got a message through to Hakan and Levent about this. And decided to try the meal following that and that is why i posted the first post because i could not fault the service. We sat down at 9 pm and were eating poppadoms and starter at 9.25pm the meal was complete by 10.10pm but we stayed later drinking the free offerings. The meals are cooked to order one at a time and there is no microwave. This can be seen as the kitchen / cooking area is wide open for full view of all their guests.

It will be interesting to see what later reports are following our meal which was on 15.07.09

John
Cummo

Postby sarah1 » 20 Jul 2010 19:22

jules 1 wrote:We also had the set meal and sorry but I have to disagree, although the food was okay it was nothing fantastic it is not a place I would hurry back to

I too have to agree with you. My husband had chinise and i indian, it was the worst meal we ever had anywhere in Turkey.
sarah1

Postby dj_sploits » 21 Jul 2010 06:32

Me and the girlfriend had a meal there on the 12th July 2010 (Just arrived in Içmeler). We got the set indian meal. I agree it is a quiet place to eat and we were the only ones in at the time (it was only about 6:30 though). I ordered the chicken vindaloo and my girlfriend got the chicken bhuna. My girlfriend really enjoyed it and my mouth was on fire and the sweat was flying out of me as my vindaloo was sooooo hot (not a bad thing as I love it like this). It was one of the nicest meals we had while out there :D

I guess its just a restaurant that some people like and some people dont.

Karl
dj_sploits

Advertisement

Postby viking pete » 21 Jul 2010 10:38

I did a review on the Tandoori Sizzler when it first opened in May ( see Guestbook )

The food was superb and the curry exactly as DJ Spoilts described it - Spot On
If you want any variations just ask it will be done - I asked for ahot curry and got one !

Top of my list for a repeat visit in September. enjoy.
viking pete

Postby laura180306 » 27 Jul 2010 09:07

I totally agree! Visited twice when we were there 2 weeks ago & couldnt fault it! Fantastic food at a good price. Spotlessly clean and fantastic that you can see into the large open kitchen & watch the chefs work their magic! :D
laura180306

Postby dinky_cath » 07 Aug 2010 08:22

I agree wıth some of the comments on here. We went last nıght and the food was not good. It may have been an off nıght but I am ın no rush to return.
dinky_cath

Postby DIANE C » 07 Aug 2010 08:44

We were in Tandoori Sizzler in July and it was one of the best meals we had in Icmeler, Service was superb and there was 11 of us all eating different things. Infact my 10year old is quite fussy and they went out their way to cook her something that she would like. Food was lovely and fresh and cooked to perfection. Wont hesitate to go back :D

Diane C x
DIANE C

Postby duffaire » 07 Aug 2010 10:50

We have been to the Tandoori a few times, and always had a fab meal, also the welcome was great
duffaire

Advertisement

Postby UFC Dom » 07 Aug 2010 12:14

can quite honestly say was the nicest curry ive ever eaten and im from near bradford!
UFC Dom

Postby nikki in turkey » 07 Aug 2010 19:12

i was there in july and decided to try this place and i have got to say it was one of the best meals we had in icmeler it was spot on, and the service was very good. We will defo be going back there to eat in september. Nikki in turkey
nikki in turkey

Postby MARKCAV » 07 Aug 2010 19:28

im due back in sept - must try despite the bad reviews and i will make my own judgement. i saw a comment that appeared earlier that got removed. I am unsure why??? I am a fussy eater and will post a very honest review on my return - honest and truthful is all it will be. Whilst there in June it was very quiet which put me off. I will let you all know after Sept 14th when i return. Have a good time everybody.
MARKCAV

Postby mauler45red » 10 Aug 2010 03:55

the wife and I love indian food and both our girls love chinese. Dont mind waiting for a meal (especially if its cooked from scratch) as long as it tastes good.

We like to give new restaurants a chance so we willl pay a visit whilst we are there.

So, who can tell me where exactly the restaurant is loacated?
mauler45red

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Guestbooks.