Charlie's Place

Guestbooks for Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, Bars and more...

Moderator: blondie

Charlie's Place

Postby Canli » 07 Apr 2010 19:45

We always go to Charlie's at least a couple of times while we're in Icmeler. The food is excellent. Chef Meli does a really different, and very tasty, sweet and sour chicken made with cherry juice, and beautifully garnished. Move over Jamie Oliver! I don't eat red meat, but my friend swears by his steaks, cooked just as you like them, with or without a delicious sauce. The home made puds are very yummy, too. It's not the cheapest place in town, but worth a couple of extra lira. It's a nice place just to sit and enjoy a nice meal and a glass of wine with pleasant background music. No dancing waiters or other entertainment, the emphesis is on good food and service. They do a great breakfast as well.
The restaurant is just down from Tansas on the other side of the road, opposite Alin's grill.
Canli

Advertisement

Re: Charlie's Place

Postby JT » 08 Apr 2010 00:38

I too have eaten there and was amazed with the attentiveness of the waiter who looked after my wine as in offering to select it for me but when I chose my own he made sure that he was there to pour and look after me.

The meal was very nice and I would not hesitate in recommending this place to all
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby jivebunnie0 » 19 Apr 2010 21:42

They also do a wonderful variety of home made pasta......to die for. Wouldnt miss it for the world. :wink:
jivebunnie0

Postby ochlynda » 20 Apr 2010 15:38

This used to be one of our favourite places but had a really bad meal in it last year. Might just have been a one of but it sort of puts you of when it was every ones meal at the table that was bad for various reason's, very poor value, it didn't seem to both them when we complained and some people didn't get their starter until there main meal was beening served despite us asking were the rest of the starters were at the start of meal.

Pity really as we always went here at least twice on every holiday.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby Erik The Viking » 21 Apr 2010 21:03

never eaten there, never looks busy - just a few clowns singing in the bar area!
Erik The Viking

Postby john G » 25 Apr 2010 08:03

We visit Charlies Place every year while in icmeler, fantastic food, good friendly staff and your always guaranteed a warm welcome. Never seen anyone in there singing though! :shock: are you not thinking of the other Charlies Plaice.

Cheers John
john G

Advertisement

Postby Canli » 28 Apr 2010 19:15

Erik The Viking wrote:never eaten there, never looks busy - just a few clowns singing in the bar area!

Wrong Charlie's, I think. This is the one just down from Tansas, on the other side of the road. Not known for anyone singing!
Canli

Postby ochlynda » 28 Apr 2010 21:09

Canli wrote:
Erik The Viking wrote:never eaten there, never looks busy - just a few clowns singing in the bar area!

Wrong Charlie's, I think. This is the one just down from Tansas, on the other side of the road. Not known for anyone singing!

We have been in when they have been singing and dancing. Mind you it was a couple of years ago.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby Erik The Viking » 28 Apr 2010 21:17

I know the place, i posted a photo recently....and its dead apart from a few end of night drunkards singing badly... :wink:
Erik The Viking

Postby Bankielass » 16 Jun 2012 16:48

Visited Charlie's this year and were not disappointed friendly welcome awaited could not do enough for you when we asked for pide bread even although it was not on menu he sent out for it for us. The food was excellent and we certainly enjoyed our night at Charlie's. We were asked if we would like a lift back to apartment and decided to accept this thinking it would be their car and were totally embarrased when a Taxi arrived and the driver was told not to take any payment from us.

Thank you Charlie we will return.
Bankielass

Postby ScouseFitz » 17 Jun 2012 22:52

Off to Icmeler in five(hopefully) short weeks. We'll be at Charlie's on the first night! We (me, my good lady, and our daughters, 18 and 11) love it there. This will be our third visit to Icmeler, and Charlie's remains a favourite. Him, and his staff have never filed to impress. The food, the service, the banter, the laughs, the lack of dodgy Michael Jackson impersonators. All good stuff. A relaxed and chilled atmosphere in which to enjoy you meal. Can't wait for those five weeks to be over!
ScouseFitz

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Guestbooks.