ICR 2010 SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM FOR HAITI - Please Read

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

ICR 2010 SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM FOR HAITI - Please Read

Postby Rami Off Work » 17 Jan 2010 10:34

Hello Friends,

This is to announce that all previously announced 2010 ICR Sponsorship Plans including those discussed until today are cancelled.

All monies collected for ICR T-Shirt Sales, Planned Sponsored ICR Mountain Hikes and all the monies that will be collected during other sponsored activities that may be announded for 2010 season will be donated to International Red Cross to help the victims of Haiti Earthquake.

We will post upto date totals on how much is raised from time to time and at the end of the season, the receipt received from the Red Cross will be posted on here showing what you have helped us achive in donations as a part of ICR community.

Thank you in advance for your understanding, help and support.

ICR team

NOTES:
So far we have the following activities to raise funds

1 - Mountain Walk - dates to be announced as we enter the season
2 - T-Shirt Sales - ICR T-Shirts for 10 GBP each - available in the UK as well.

This list is to be updated as we go. Ideas are very welcomed. Thanks for being a part of ICR Community and our cause.
Rami Off Work
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: ICR 2010 SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM FOR HAITI - Please Read

Postby Colette » 17 Jan 2010 12:15

I am suprised no one has commented so far, this is a very much needed area for sponsorship.

Could we think about having a box at ICR reception with Donna and Michelle, perhaps we can work on advertising the T Shirts more and maybe putting them up in Vinces / Havana Bar etc with a note on them saying there for sale for Haiti, also pin one up in the ICR transfer buses with a note explaining what there for sale for and also where to buy them. Perhaps in the welcome letters there could be a ps mentioning this cause etc ?

If anyone needs any links to what is happening in Haiti let me know and I will look for some for you but I think we all know about the Earthquake but maybe just not the size and damage it has caused.

Col :D
Colette

Postby swc24 » 17 Jan 2010 12:27

Hi Rami

you could have a weekly quiz night held at the weekly members meeting with the bar owner donating free drinks for the winning team
Format as follows
Teams up to 4 members paying 5YTL each (20YTLper team)
Winning team gets 2 free dinks each from bar owner
40 questions split into 4 rounds of 10 questions each on diffrent subjects (sport,film,music,genreal knowledge)
Quiz night advertised on here and in resort
Additional funds could be raised by holding a raffel on the quiz night with prizes of bottle of sprits for the winners
I ran a quiz like this in the uk for over 15years and raised a lot of money for local charities

Steve
swc24

Postby maryb » 17 Jan 2010 22:57

i think a quiz night would be great with raffles, we come over 13th august for 2 weeks we have quite a few friends coming at that time so we could get afew teams up.I dont mind bringing a few raffle prizes.What about a mystery treasure hunt around Icmeler set so many clues,you have to donate to get the list of clues and then off you go.Lots of fun ahead maybe......
maryb

Postby dksbbs » 18 Jan 2010 20:29

A very worth cause.

Also the idea of a quiz is a good idea but I do like the treasure hunt idea best as the kids could get involved more in that one.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby John V » 19 Jan 2010 11:44

During the 2010 season covering May till October could small regular events, at least fortnightly be arranged so that all ICR guests and friends would beable to get invovled regardless of age or abilitities.
I am sure there are many people who will wish to contribute towards the Haiti fund and will miss out if it is only monthly meeting.
Something simple to arrange and does not require regular planning or constant updating is what is needed so anyone at all most anytime can give their support, something like a meeting and colletion in the Main Square at a set time.
John V

Advertisement

Postby tinkerbelle » 23 Jan 2010 16:28

Quiz sounds great as well as treasure hunt for the kids. What about a sponsored kareoke. Pay so much to sing one song. It would make for a good night as well as contributing to a worthwhile cause.
Marg
tinkerbelle

Postby jambogarry » 31 Jan 2010 13:07

dksbbs wrote:A very worth cause.

Also the idea of a quiz is a good idea but I do like the treasure hunt idea best as the kids could get involved more in that one.

Dave

I love the idea of a treasure hunt type thing, and I'am sure the kids would love it also.
jambogarry

Postby bighands » 04 Feb 2010 20:18

jambogarry wrote:
dksbbs wrote:A very worth cause.

Dave

I love the idea of a treasure hunt type thing, and I'am sure the kids would love it also.

treasure hunt and a quiz would be better double the funds .........we are 3 families arriving aug 9th and would love to join in :D
bighands

Postby Narky marky » 08 Feb 2010 21:25

Hi,
How far is the mountain hike up to the flag if we started from tommys bar :?: I have always wanted to go up to the flag and if ICR can make some money out of it for good causes all the better. :D
:idea: If this is one of the events to get of the ground can you do an offical sponser form and we can start to get sponsers leading up to our Hols.

Narky marky.
Narky marky

Postby jambogarry » 08 Feb 2010 22:14

Good luck Narky marky.

Tommys bar seems to be a good starting point.
jambogarry

Advertisement

Postby John V » 08 Feb 2010 22:28

What ever events are arranged they will have to be made know well in advance so that people going on holiday can make arrangements to become involved during their time in Icmeler.
John V

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum