Living in icmeler

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Living in icmeler

Postby Jordan » 26 Feb 2008 15:13

We have decided we are going to live in icmeler permantly this year,so have just put our house up for sale.We have an apartment on the canal my husband has no reservations about this but I am a bit unsure.We have been in the winter time and although it was very quiet we still enjoyed it.My husband is a builder and the work situation in England has forced us to do this sooner than we had planned.If it doesnt work out my husband says we will have had a bloody good time .Would anybody else do this and do you know anybody english who live out there .
Jordan

Advertisement

Postby fendlyra » 26 Feb 2008 16:13

Good luck to you we have a villa in icmeler and spend a lot of time out there in the winter ,we too love it ,there are about 20 english that i know of who live all year but there could be more. best of luck
fendlyra

Postby jack&sylvia » 26 Feb 2008 19:42

We have an apartment through the old village on the edge of the forest and intended to move there this year but circumstances beyond our control means we have to wait another year. For the last two years we have been visiting Icmeler three times a year during the summer months and spending 2 weeks at Christmas, and fortunately had great weather.
We don’t have any qualms about moving out there permanently and I will be taking early retirement (I am 55).
We have met several English people who live there and feel sure we will easily find plenty to keep us occupied.
We are going early this year (19 April) to see what the weather is like early season but noticed today the temperature is 21 degrees so don’t think we have to much to worry about.
May see you out there one day!!!
:D
jack&sylvia
New User
New User

Postby Jordan » 27 Feb 2008 21:10

Thanks for the replies makes me feel better about this new chapter in our lives.We have been March/April and the weather was lovely it was like our summer in England but dropped very cold at night spent most of them in the three bells by the wood burning stove.My husband is 55 and I am 47 so I suppose we are taking early retirement either that or a very long holiday.We will probably meet you one day so hope your dream comes true soon.Have a great holiday. :) :) :)
Jordan

living in Icmeler

Postby Sue Pryer » 27 Feb 2008 22:54

Hi Jordan Wish you luck and truly envy you. We too have an apartment by the canal and hope to retire there. Unfortunately we only manage 3 trips a year at the moment but seem to be more and more Brits making Icmeler their all year round home. I'm sure you will find loads to do in heaven on earth :) By the way we need a new roof at the end of the season, so if hubby is bored---------- :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sue Pryer

Postby Fanny » 28 Feb 2008 00:56

Jordan
would we do it? yes if we had the bottle!
all the very best, am sure it will be fantastic
enjoy
xxxx
Fanny

Advertisement

Postby dee » 29 Feb 2008 12:04

Its a lovely place to live. I spent 8 months there last year. Unfortunately at the moment I am back in 'sunny' manchester! I will only be visiting this year but hope to be back next year for good! 8)
dee

Postby robert123 » 08 Mar 2008 18:04

I love the place, but I am not that sure I could live there full time to be honest, it is special to me because I spend a relatively short amount of time there if people understand my meaning
robert123

Postby redrhino12 » 12 Mar 2008 13:57

This is a post I wrote about 20 months ago,as more people talk about living and working abroad I thought that one or two of you out there might not have read it.

THE DREAM.

I suppose we have all at sometime had "The Dream" to move abroad to live and work.
In my case it was Icmeler but with most dreams there it ends with just "The Dream".

So I got to thinking about the young people and the opportunity to travel and work abroad that todays generation have and I would say grab the chance while you are young because as you get older responsabilities do not give you you the chance that the early years do.

You will make mistakes, but we make mistakes as we get older as well.

You will have your Ups and Downs, experience Love and Happiness but also Heart Break and Sadness.

But you will have tried, there is nothing worse than thinking,
"If Only I Had Done That When I Was Younger"

We would all like to "Live The Dream" but only the bold among us will try

I Once Had The Dream.

Gene
redrhino12

Living in icmeler

Postby Jordan » 12 Mar 2008 19:31

Gene thanks for the reply looks like we are going to live the dream,well were going to try.The thought of living in Icmeler doesn't phase me its such a friendly place and our turkish and english neighbours are lovely.
It's the leaving family behind that is a bit daunting especially my father .Our children are all for us going they are all settled in their own lives and we will come back to see them every three months to renew our visas and they will come for holidays but I wish they could all come and I would have no doubts.Like you say we can only try it if it doesn't work out we will come back and buy a two man tent.So wish us luck :lol: :lol:
Jordan

Postby salford_steve » 12 Mar 2008 20:58

I would like to wish you luck, and hope everything goes well.

Kind regards

Steve
salford_steve

Advertisement

Postby zoe_clark » 12 Mar 2008 21:31

I would move to icmeler tomorrow if i could :D

Good luck & best wishes for the future :)
zoe_clark

Postby Sue Pryer » 12 Mar 2008 22:45

Hi Jordan Wish you and your partner all the very best and hope it all works out for you. :) Can fully understand the thought of leaving loved ones behind but hey you will most likely be able to get cheapish one way flights as your days will be flexible and they will only be a four hour flight away. Good luck. :) :)
Sue Pryer

Postby haydn » 25 Mar 2008 16:06

another dreamer
does anyine know of a website were i can get info on the legalities etc of moving to icmeler
haydn

Postby Lynn m » 25 Mar 2008 16:21

Lynn m

Postby Christabel » 25 Mar 2008 17:32

Keep us posted on your new life in Icmeler. We wish you all the very best. We too have an apartment but in Turunc and would love to spend more time there. Probs have to wait 6 or 7 more years before we can manage it tho. In the meantime we will continue to visit 2/3 times a year.

Christabel
Christabel

Advertisement

Postby sungirl » 27 Mar 2008 08:55

Hi all well im doing exactly the same thing i am going to take early retirement and leave next year when i will be 50. i have an appartment in the old village near the new school and have been all different times of the year and know i love it. just cant wait for next year to be here and a new chapter in my life begins. Good luck to all who are getting ready to make the jump
sungirl

Re: Living in icmeler

Postby daisysun » 13 Aug 2013 18:50

Sorry to drag up an old thread but find it interesting and just wondered if anyone knows how this turned out? Or if anyone knows of anyones success story of moving over to Turkey
daisysun

Postby geordie1970 » 13 Aug 2013 20:43

daisysun wrote:Sorry to drag up an old thread but find it interesting and just wondered if anyone knows how this turned out? Or if anyone knows of anyones success story of moving over to Turkey

Damn! Who brought this thread back up! Lol

If only I could up sticks and move there :cry: .... 43, job, mortgage, kids .... Be a few years yet! :wink:
geordie1970

Postby daisysun » 14 Aug 2013 08:24

:lol: a bit of an old thread i know :lol: we just did a google search and this came up, read it and started to wonder if they had made a go of it.
My husband and i would love to leave England and move to Icmeler. It is our "dream". When we were there last year we got talking to someone who had moved out there and said they have never looked back. He was only in his 40's and we were so jealous. We just thought it would be nice to hear some successful stories of people who had done it. I suppose to let us see that our "dream" could become a reality someday.
Even better would be if someone could tell us exactly what is involved, what legalities are involved, what you need i.e visas etc and any other useful info, that would be great. good points and bad.
daisysun

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum