Suicide Bomb on Dolmus In Kusadasi

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Suicide Bomb on Dolmus In Kusadasi

Postby Michelle » 16 Jul 2005 14:40

Disturbing new about a female suicide bomber on a Dolumus in Kusadasi - due to travel to Icmeler next week - wouldnt let it put me off - but it is a little worrying, but these things are happening everywhere now - what is the world coming to??
Michelle

Advertisement

icmeler

Postby sandy » 16 Jul 2005 15:33

just got back from icmeler this moring this has been our 5th year in a row be prepared for the rise in prices not as cheap as last year so take plenty dosh if u want to spend have a good time sandy
sandy

Postby thebigguy » 16 Jul 2005 16:09

:cry: cesme last week kusadasi today where is next ? im meant to be going in september begining to consider cancelling now !.
never thought it would bother me before but i have kids now ,dont these kurds realise turkey will never bow to their demands and it will hurt them in the long run .
thebigguy
New User
New User

Postby paulac » 16 Jul 2005 19:59

We are due to travel to Marmaris at the end of July, never been to Turkey before and don't have a clue if this area is a likely target of another bomb attack, does anyone have any info, I am seriously considering trying to change my destination out of Turkey, but was soooo looking forward to going here!
paulac
New User
New User

Postby Colette » 17 Jul 2005 10:06

awww its a shame when we can't enjoy the things we love in life cos of these mindless idiots who are trying to rule the world :cry: im goin in sept to icmeler and unless the foreign office say i cant go then ill be there with bells on, we can't let these people win !! Also im a great believer in it could happen any where, anytime, anyplace please njoy your hols :lol: and drink lots of efes along the way lol
Colette

Postby Michelle » 17 Jul 2005 16:02

I agree totally with colette! please dont let Turkey suffer because of these idiots - you could step outside your door and get knocked down by a car anything can happen - stand up and be counted! My cousin lives in Beeston Leeds and has probably been living amongst the suicide bombers - now that is close - get on with your lifes, holidays and have a fantastic time!
Michelle

Advertisement

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2005 20:05

Thanks for your positive replies, probably if I wasn't taking my 2 young children with me I might not be so phased, its just such a worry. I know these idiots are all around us these days, and like you said, you could get killed round the corner from your own front door, but with not knowing much if anything about Marmaris (infact Turkey in general), it seems even more scary.
Maybe I shall see what happens over the next few days, and try not to make a hasty decision.

Paula

Postby Neets36 » 18 Jul 2005 06:44

I'm with you Colette, I'm going 6 weeks on Friday and thats that! Lets face it, any one of us could have been in London last week ........

Life's too short! :shock:
Neets36

Postby Tracy » 18 Jul 2005 07:10

ljlj
Last edited by Tracy on 07 Aug 2006 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tracy

Postby paulac » 18 Jul 2005 10:06

I do agree that anything could happen and anywhere. My husband is persuading me that all will be well, like you said Tracy it could happen round the corner from your own house (incidentally my husband is from sheffield too, Meadowhall would be a nightmare if there was an incident there!!) Where abouts are you staying Tracy?
paulac
New User
New User

Postby Tracy » 18 Jul 2005 19:43

jlkj
Last edited by Tracy on 07 Aug 2006 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tracy

Advertisement

Postby paulac » 18 Jul 2005 21:11

Hi Tracy, we are due to fly out on Friday 29th July, staying in Marmaris at the Club Julian Hotel for a fortnight. Have been sooo looking forward to this break, and the kids can't wait. I spoke to my travel agent this morning and they advised that the Foreign office have stated that they consider it to be safe enough to still travel out to Turkey, and if I did want to change destination is was going to cost me a small fortune, (like it hasn't already, being school holidays and all!!) So unless I want to fork out another load of dosh, or loose a load if I cancel, Marmaris it is. We shall just make the most of it, and try and be as wary as possible!
What else can you do??!!
Hope you have a great time.
Paula
paulac
New User
New User

http://www.SzQJj.com

Postby um4BOIxADt » 19 Jul 2005 06:04

DtKgldPZ
um4BOIxADt

http://www.SzQJj.com

Postby um4BOIxADt » 19 Jul 2005 06:04

DtKgldPZ
um4BOIxADt

Postby Tracy » 19 Jul 2005 08:18

Hi Paula - dont worry about it - I have never even considered changing my destination - its our second time to Turkey first last year - we loved it so much cant wait to be back and cant believe that this time on friday - will be at the airport - I hate flying but I dont let it stop me going - just grin and bear it. Im sure everything will be fine, my next door neighbours arrived in Marmaris yesterday, then too havent even considered changing - they too love Turkey.

Dont worry - I know its difficult but we have to get on with it - have a fantastic time and want hope to share our holiday memories when we get back!
Tracy

Postby paulac » 20 Jul 2005 17:24

Not long for you now!! The nearer my departure date gets, the more nervous, yet still excited I am getting. We all deserve and work hard for our holidays, lets hope all is well and we all have a fantastic time!
paulac
New User
New User

Advertisement

Turkey Safety

Postby Huyton Woolyback » 24 Jul 2005 19:08

Got back from Icmeler on Friday. There is nothing but, shock and revulsion from ALL of the Turkish and few Kurdish lads working the bars. They realise what a massive effect it can have on the economy of their country. They know that without the tourists to put it bluntly the country would be on its arse. The Turkish authorities will work as hard as anyone to rid the country of the threat of terrorism.

As the quote goes "There is nothing to fear, except fear itself"

Enjoy your holidays, tell your friends how friendly and beautiful Turkey is and don't worry.

Darren
Huyton Woolyback
New User
New User

bombs everyhwere more chance of winning the lotto

Postby stevef » 29 Aug 2005 00:02

I was in icmeler in July and there was bombs going off in London, so there you go.....dont go to London for your hols......Liverpool hasnt been bombed since WW2 so thats fairly safe......you've got more chances of winning the lotto or buying a genuine t-shirt in icmeler market than getting blown up. go to turkey, relax, laugh, eat, drink have a good time.
stevef

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum