prices

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

prices

Postby Guest » 12 Jun 2005 18:58

We have been to Icemeler 3 times and are going back in July again. Someone has told me things are getting very expensive over there now compared to last year. Is this true as we have always found it a cheap holiday? Also is it right that the money has changed?

Advertisement

Postby Penny » 12 Jun 2005 21:41

Hi,
Yes the money has changed in the respect of all the zero's taken off, so one million old lira is now one new lira, the notes are still the same colours for each denomination, and there are also new coins, beware of them as you can easily be had when given change. The old notes will stay in circulation until the end of the year.
As to prices, well they have gone up a bit, but still plenty of bargains to be had.
Hope this helps
Penny
Penny

Postby redrhino12 » 13 Jun 2005 15:45

Pint of Effes last year was 3mil this year it is 3.5ytl

so a pint last year cost £1.15 this year with the lower pound and increase in prices a pint costs £1.40.

I think this is general among all the bars serving drinks and meals.
Expensive no, dearer yes, I would say an increase of 16% overall on food and drink prices on last year due to all the factors mentioned, but still great value for money and you can still shop for bargains because they are still to be had.

Gene
redrhino12

Prices

Postby Fanny » 21 Jun 2005 15:50

Thanks for that Gene - nice to see a sensibly refreshing (pardon the pun :lol: ) reply on this subject. We're off to Icmeler for 3 weeks on 15/7 and were getting worried about increased price rumours that are circulating.

Anne
Fanny

Postby andy » 26 Jun 2005 04:50

We have just got back, and the prices we found have definateley gone up.
Regarding meals we were paying for chicken dishes what we were paying for steak last year, a bottle of effes was 3- 4 lira, last year 2-3.5 lira.
Another thing is, every time we go to icmeler[twice a year] something seems to change, when we ask a local why, they just say "icmeler mayor change". The latest victim is the poor little man who shouts "fresh apple pie, cheese pie" who is sadly no more after many years.
andy

Prices

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2005 08:46

May be you should look for somewhere else to go next year as from the different posts you have on the forum you don't seem to have anything good to say about Icmeler.

Advertisement

Prices

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2005 08:48

Andy May be you should look for somewhere else to go next year as from the different posts you have on the forum you don't seem to have anything good to say about Icmeler.

Postby Penny » 30 Jun 2005 11:21

Mmmmm, the prices are still reasonable, look around there are always special deal meals to be had.
I certainly wouldn't complain about costs of anything, bear in mind what we earn compared to what the Turks earn and the hours they put in to keep us all happy.
Penny
Penny

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2005 11:39

I agree - I dont mind paying for good food, great weather - and fantastic hospitality! wish everyone would stop moaning about the prices! save for your holiday - spend your money - chill out, relax and most of all have a great time! enjoy it - thats the trouble with english - we all moan too much!

Postby Neets36 » 30 Jun 2005 12:14

So what, prices have risen a little, like I've said numerous times on the site, we had enough and we didnt take any more money and still came back with a bit - thing is, we never get ANY price rises in England do we, so we're spoilt a bit ...... NOT!

We go to Turkey cos we love it, not because its cheap .....

Nuff said ..... :lol:
Neets36

Postby Tracy » 30 Jun 2005 12:33

I agree with Neets, totally!!!
Tracy

Advertisement

Postby andy » 30 Jun 2005 16:52

Guest,
Ive been to icmeler more times than you've had hot dinners, i was just saying that the prices have gone up and things have changed, as for bad posts in the past i don't now where you got that from. Don't tell me to go somewhere else as that will never happen, i will be back in september for the 17th time.
andy

Re: Prices

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2005 18:44

Anonymous wrote:Andy May be you should look for somewhere else to go next year as from the different posts you have on the forum you don't seem to have anything good to say about Icmeler.

Are you really a guest,or someone tryin to stir things up,I have noticed a few sarcastic post from another guest,not me I hasten to add,and I do wonder if its the same person who truly is a guest,or someone just not signing in

Postby Fanny » 30 Jun 2005 20:13

:roll:

Come on fellow Icmeler lovers, I like this forum because it's friendly - just like my fave destination.
Why don't we just put it down to the loss in translation from (I'm sure) well intentioned thought to forum.....................I've lost count of the number of times something I've written or read comes out completely different from the way it would have been said.
After all we could all be sat next to each other in a bar, on a beach, on a boat trip and I'm sure we'd have a ball :lol: .................. 2 weeks tomorrow til our hol for 3 weeks and I can't wait

:) :) :)
Last edited by Fanny on 01 Jul 2005 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Fanny

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2005 07:05

Think everyone is getting a bit "tetchy" - ready for a holiday!!

Postby debi » 01 Jul 2005 09:08

8) 8) 8)
I agree Fanny,it is a very friendly board,so come on guys,lets keep it that way!!,I know I'm well ready for my holiday,can't wait till September 23rd 8) 8)
debi

Advertisement

Postby Neets36 » 01 Jul 2005 11:04

Yes I agree totally - maybe people should just read their posts prior to submitting them - remember, other people read forums like this prior to coming on holiday and we dont want to put them off do we - and lets face it, some of the items do seem a little offputting when you read them .... :)
Neets36

Postby Fanny » 01 Jul 2005 18:57

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2 weeks today and we'll be there...can't wait
Fanny

Postby debi » 01 Jul 2005 19:31

8) 8) Hi Fanny,please do us a review of your holiday when you come back,be interesting to hear what you think of the prices.Have a good one :!: :!:
debi

Postby Fanny » 01 Jul 2005 19:42

Will do Debi. Oddly enough I was just thinking that there are no reviews to be had anywhere on the net for the Angel Apts where we always stay -near the market. Ibo who owns them is Captain Ali Bullshit's brother and they are SPOTLESS. He's even doing them at last year's prices for us and puts in an extra bed so we're not stung on having to book an extra apt cos there are 5 of us!!!

Not looking forward to doing the review tho cos it means we'll be back home lol

Must admit that gut feelings tell me prices will be no more expensive other than expected increases. Have seen that boat trips are to be had at £7 a head - and we were paying that 3 years ago.
Last edited by Fanny on 01 Jul 2005 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Fanny

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum