Icmeler market

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Icmeler market

Postby suttonians » 27 May 2005 09:12

Does anyone know if the wednesday market took place or is it only at marmaris now and what turunc do they have one. Linda
suttonians

Advertisement

Postby andy » 27 May 2005 16:48

icmeler wednesday, marmaris tue and friday, turunc monday,hope this is helpful to you.
andy

Postby redrhino12 » 03 Jun 2005 15:42

First big market was on 1st June when all the stall holders were there,
and yes its on Wednesdays.

Gene
redrhino12

market

Postby suttonians » 04 Jun 2005 21:40

At last I didn't think it was going to return. We are going out next week to furnish our apartment and was hoping to buy towels and bedding etc from there.
suttonians

Postby Fanny » 01 Jul 2005 20:26

Love the market in Icmeler esp as we stay about 100yds away.

Wonder if the prices will be up this year since they've knocked all the 00000s off the notes??

That said we bought my daughter a Lacoste trakkie last year against my better judgement cos it's a bit of a scally like thing. It's been washed and tumbled 3 times a week since and is still like new!

Hubby reckons he's goin to get her another this year but is takng loads of english notes to make sure he gets the right price :lol:
Fanny

Postby redrhino12 » 01 Jul 2005 22:14

Hi,
Prices are still pretty steady,slight increase on last year but your £ still goes a long way,
but always shop around,bargains still to be had.

Gene
redrhino12

Advertisement

Postby Guest » 01 Aug 2005 03:11

Hi all
We loved the market…we still walk around the house shouting OWW MUUUCH?? Or 3 for a tenner! Lol

The banter in the market really made my day, i know some people hate it but it made me laugh so much! :lol:

I got some great t-shirts for the kids and touch wood they have all washed up nice. We brought 20 pairs of ‘named’ boxers for £10 and have to say they did fade in the first wash, but hey…so what? They are still good enough to wear.

I also brought a really lovely leather ‘gucci’ handbag…(I can still smell the leather when I walk in the room) for £20, so I’m happy. :wink:

J

Postby Fanny » 05 Sep 2005 06:16

Kids won again and managed to persuade hubby to get them a 'Lacoste' trakkie again this year.
He took 2 of them on his own whilst I had a nice relaxing day round the pool (nothing to do with too much Efes for me on Captain Bullshit's moonlight cruise the night before ha ha ha). Anyway he got them for £10 sterling each as well as 3 x Lacoste polo shirts for £5 sterling. Slightly up on last year but so what, still a gr8 price - especially as our flights get cheaper each year and aparts have been same price 3 years running!!
Fanny

Postby Karemolinos » 07 Sep 2005 01:17

Well done Fanny
I didn't enjoy the market as much this year, I think I just got too hot :?
Karemolinos

Postby debi » 07 Sep 2005 03:20

We have said we are NOT going to the market this year.every year we go,on both weeks,and maybe buy the odd towel or bag of chilli nuts,yum :lol: and end up buying everything from the canal area,the little bazaar,and the stalls along the canal we find are much better,quality wise and price wise,no need to go to the market really :wink: :wink:
debi

Postby redrhino12 » 07 Sep 2005 04:14

We always get to the market before 9am,not as hot and fewer people,whisk the wife quickly through, trying not to stop at any stalls,
if she shows interest in anything I just say its crap and cheaper in England.
If I play my cards right we can be coming out of the market at 9-10am I always have an excuse for leaving ie:-I have indigestion darling or I feel a little faint due to the heat.
Oh you make life so easy you sweeter sex. :twisted: :wink:

Always take a little bottle of water with you,if you dont drink it you can always throw it on the people in the jeep safaris.

Gene
redrhino12

Advertisement

Postby Karemolinos » 07 Sep 2005 06:07

I threw it over myself, unfortunately it just looked as if I was a bit sweaty :evil: :? :) :D
Karemolinos

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum