Switch to full style
Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.
Post a reply

Coronavirus

06 Mar 2020 14:00

We're due to fly out at the end of June which is when the virus is expected to be at its peak. Not panicking about the virus when at home but concerned about the time on the plane.

Anyone else feeling that their holiday is becoming less likely as more information is released?

Re: Coronavirus

06 Mar 2020 20:42

I think it's a question of wait and see at the moment - no-one knows how fast or how widespread it is going to be or the knock-on effect it is going to have. I think the main thing is to make sure you have insurance in place as soon as you book your holiday and check the level of cover carefully too to see what is included.

07 Mar 2020 17:32

The media are making it worse than it is,chill out,and enjoy our holidays.

08 Mar 2020 02:16

I have just cancelled a trip to Italy ,I am hoping my holiday to Turkey will be ok especially after the mess with Thomas Cook last year.

13 Mar 2020 03:29

June is a long way away, and i think it will have been and gone by then. I do agree that people are being hysterical about it (no toiler rolls etc ?), but you just have to be more conscious about hygiene for the time being, wash your hands etc more often. It will go as quickly as it came, and will go dormant until it rears its head again in the future.

14 Mar 2020 03:14

Hi all, the washing of hands is always done by me anyway after toilet visits, doing the rubbish, feeding and walking the dog and before preparing food etc and I’ve always been told off by Mrs G for washing too often! :shock

Regarding a holiday this year we aren’t booking at the moment and will see what happens over the coming weeks, as for me it’s looking more likely that virus will be at it’s peak over our Summer and I can see flights worldwide being cancelled in an effort to contain it in each country :cry:

We will see, but be safe everyone :wink:

18 Mar 2020 03:05

Well I did say it would happen .... :o

01 Apr 2020 16:57

Hi, all ... I hope you’re all safe and haven’t been affected by this horrible virus? :shock:

I was furloughed from work yesterday, minimum of 3 weeks to begin with. Although I reckon it’ll be a fair few more than that!

Just got to hope that we get through this and see you all on the other side.

Take care,

Mr & Mrs G

02 Apr 2020 15:40

same here was furloughed last week bored already looking forward to eventually going back to icmeler hopefully end of august but more likely next year.
stay safe stay well both here and icmeler :) :)
ivan and pam

03 Apr 2020 15:28

Afternoon, yep boredom and feeling trapped is horrible :shock:

Our House has never been as clean mind, as u start looking for things to clean that you never normally would! :lol:

But u’ve gotta make the most of I suppose and stay safe at the same time.

It’s just feels really weird the whole thing and I believe this is a man made virus that’s got out of control ... but we’ll never find out the truth, as how come if it’s down to the Chinese and their live market why hasn’t this happened before, when they’ve been eating the sort of live produce that we have now been told about for 1000’s of years no doubt? :(

Good luck everyone and we’ve just got to hope that us and our Turkish friends get through this safely and that there’s a resort to go back to in 2021!

Mr & Mrs G

02 May 2020 20:40

how many people have died from the virus so far its bad one day it will be over and we can come back to the country we lovex
Post a reply