Switch to full style
Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.
Post a reply

Flights via Istanbul

09 May 2018 13:31

Hi fellow forum members. Can anyone help me please. This year I am flying from Heathrow to Istanbul and Istanbul to Dalaman. Has anyone done this trip before and can you tell me what I do when I arrive at Istanbul, i.e. is there a separate domestic flight terminal that I need to get to, to connect? I presume I will need to go through passport control and show my visa etc like I will have to go at Dalaman.
Can anyone explain please.

Re: Flights via Istanbul

09 May 2018 16:40

Yes, if your flights have been booked as connecting flights, your luggage will go straight through to Dalaman, but you will have to go through passport control at Istanbul and then make your way to the domestic terminal (about a 15-minute walk or so) for your flight to Dalaman. It's all clearly marked and very straightforward, but the airport can be very busy, so expect long queues at passport control.

09 May 2018 17:58

Thanks Blondie. I thought it would be easy but I've never done it before. I've got approx 2 hrs between flights.

09 May 2018 18:24

That should be fine - but don't hang about, get through passport control and then make your way to the domestic terminal. If the queues are particularly long and you're getting worried about time, if you tell them you've got a connecting flight to catch, they will sometimes let you go through quicker.

16 May 2018 19:03

Blimey, I'm glad I checked again to see which terminal I go from at Heathrow. I had it down as 3 and its actually 2. :lol:
Post a reply