Holiday review - 03/07/17 to 15/07/17

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Holiday review - 03/07/17 to 15/07/17

Postby cmac » 16 Jul 2017 16:47

We have just returned from a marvellous break in Icmeler and will list my general observations etc.
We flew from Newcastle airport at 6.05pm on Monday 3rd July, drive down from Glasgow was good, no issues, apart from a few tractors on A689/A69. We arrived at Park & fly and were taken to airport, not the biggest or best airport but does its job. All went smoothly, we set off on time and fight was ahead of schedule, through Dalaman very quickly and onto transfer minibus and away with only 1 other family on board, we dropped them at Sahin apartments and were then taken to Ozlem 2, booked in and went to bed for a few hours. On 1st day we went for Turkish bath & massage at Ottoman turkish baths in Marmaris, nice place & very relaxing, lots of Russians & Turks were there at same time. It was very hot most days, well over 40 degrees at height of day. I went down to pool early morning for sun, but took cover after lunch, went for a rest around 5. A few times we went to Cafe Anne's for a bite of lunch, which was as good as i remember. As for shopping we did not buy too much. We went to Greenhouse and bought a few things, my wife spoke to Theresa and she said last year was really hard, but much better this year so far. It was relatively quiet 1st week, 2nd week a lot busier, and not just Brits, which is good for business. As for eating, we avoided the places at the square, no matter how much they tried to entice us, far too many cats, more than i recall, very off putting. We had dinner in apartment a few nights, chicken wraps etc from cafe beside Costa and sat on balcony which looked onto street, Bar Ex, Idas hotel etc. We ate at Florida, Tipsi Burger, Romance, YoLo, Meryem, Sunblue, Friends & Champagne. Best meal for me was Steak Hawaiin from Romance, absolutely delicious. Others were mostly excellent also, although Friends was nothing too special, but my wife really enjoyed her mushroom pasta. Cost wise, meal for 3 of us with soft drinks was average of £40, most spent was 203TL at Friends, but that incuded a few drinks. Yolo/Champagne was probably cheapest at 140TL. We were offered 4.60 to £1 from Florida, seen 4.5 at others, Wonder Bar etc so in resort rates are good. My only small grudge was price of large soft drinks, around 13TL in most places. We stuck to smoothies/milk shakes in Wonder bar at 10TL each. We did notice a few places closed and also some new places. Surprised to see the Hotel Royal closed, with police barriers across the front, apparently overbooked and person done a bunk with the cash !! The experience at Dalaman was ok, slightly disorganised, layout wise, but not too much hassle. We took off on time and flight was good and back in Newcastle on time. We already plan to go back next year. All the doom and gloom merchants could not be more wrong, plenty of people there, and even more so as we were leaving.
cmac

Advertisement

Re: Holiday review - 03/07/17 to 15/07/17

Postby ivano » 16 Jul 2017 16:55

thanks for review good to hear things are on the up cant wait to go end of august :D :D
ivano

Postby cmac » 16 Jul 2017 17:12

Have a great time when you go, mind take the high factor sun cream 8) ..
cmac

Postby blondie » 16 Jul 2017 17:53

Thanks for the review - always good to get feedback from people who have been this season.
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum