rules on electronic devices

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

rules on electronic devices

Postby technolight » 30 Jun 2017 19:49

Getting totally confused over this , even after extensive online searches , does anyone actually know all the rules ,especially surrounding things like extra battery packs for cameras , which item goes in which luggage and when can it be packed also do you have to prove that it actually works, gotta get this right as I aint leaving any expensive cameras or parts of in turkey, others may need advice on tablets/ipads etc , wont bother me as I take nothing on holiday not even a phone , I AM ON HOLIDAY DO NOT PHONE ME.
technolight
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: rules on electronic devices

Postby stevew » 30 Jun 2017 20:24

Cameras are allowed in Hand luggage, as you say the battery is the problem, Power banks are not allowed at all, the Battery in the camera is fine as you need to switch camera on, I carry a spare, the Spare is 1mm too thick, the other 2 measurements are fine. Easyjet say can't come back in Hold, so I have bought a cheap spare. I will either take a chance in hold, leave it or Post it home. :?
Not sure yet, but fly tomorrow. :lol: :lol:
I'll Know by Next Saturday..... :wink:
Steve
stevew

Postby technolight » 30 Jun 2017 21:04

Thanks stevew , confusing isn't it , just wonder if Turkish airport security know all the rules.

You lucky man flying tomorrow enjoy your hols , and if you see any bars selling craft beers could you let me know as I cannot stand effes.
technolight
New User
New User

Postby blondie » 30 Jun 2017 21:08

If you're not keen on Efes, try Bomonti if you can get it, or Tuborg. My other half prefers those to Efes.
blondie

Postby stevew » 30 Jun 2017 22:34

Hi Techno,
Unfortunately I'm not at Icmeler until September, we are trying Kaplan next week.
I know Sevgi bar sell Draft Guinness, other than that I'm attaching a loss. You may get some more replies.
stevew

Postby technolight » 01 Jul 2017 12:05

I have kept searching and this is the best advice I have found yet, from Thompson.

It means only ‘normal sized’ (smaller than 16cm in length, 9.3cm in width and 1.5cm in depth) mobile phones can be carried on your person or in hand luggage when on board our aircraft. Any mobile phones larger than the stated dimensions, or laptops, tablets, e-readers, power cables and their transformers must be checked into hold luggage. Spare batteries and power banks cannot be carried on board the aircraft, either in the cabin or the hold, and will have to remain behind. To help us speed up the security check process on the affected routes we ask customers to keep their hand luggage to a minimum.

So do not take any spare battery packs with you as you will not be allowed to take them home again.
technolight
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby stevew » 09 Jul 2017 12:14

Hi Technolight,
Returned home last night from Dalaman via Easyjet. I put all cables, chargers and my spare camera battery in hold, along with Kindle and Tablet, all arrived safely and undamaged. We were given the option to put HAND luggage in hold, free of charge, (we had speeding boarding and don't know if this option applies to every one) , TAKE this option.
At the gate, EVERY bag was Checked with contents removed, including small luggage cases, by only 4 staff. Also phones were checked for size and switched on. We were sat on the plane waiting for all other passengers, this caused us to loose our slot. Our 10.20pm flight took of at Midnight...
We were ask by cabin crew if anyone onboard had any electronic Items, larger than a Samsung 7. I stupidly said my Mirrorless Camera, (which had been Scanned on entry to Airport, again before Passport and searched/checked before boarding, Even though Easyjet Website and HM government say Cameras are allowed, it was nearly confiscated and taken as it is left to Dalaman interpretation.....
I believe the US has Lifted the Laptop ban last week and as we jumped on the band wagon, so to speak, I hope before I return in September we have Lifted our ban....
Steve
stevew

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum