ATM's

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

ATM's

Postby sirkyboy » 19 Apr 2017 10:16

Having never used ATM's in Turkey before, could anyone please help me which ones are safe to use in Icmeler, as I remember scare stories from the past of cards being cloned etc.

Thanks in advance
sirkyboy

Advertisement

Re: ATM's

Postby Raynard » 19 Apr 2017 10:21

Never had a problem with ATMs myself.
Raynard

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 19 Apr 2017 10:41

I always use the bank beside Kapmar hotel and never had a problem, however, my sister has had her card rejected at an ATM saying chip couldn't be read when there was no reason for this and it worked perfectly fine at the bank. I have also known cards to be retained at ATM's. I always make sure I have an alternative card and please notify your bank that you will be using your card abroad before you go. It is also wise to discuss charges with them as they can soon mount up. I use a Halifax Clarity Card and there's no charges except a little interest for withdrawing cash. If you pay this a.s.a.p the charge is minimal.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby blondie » 19 Apr 2017 10:46

I agree with sunlover loch lomond - we always tend to use the one under the Kapmar too (there are two and the one on the left usually dispenses English notes). We have never had a problem. I would stay away from the free-standing ATMs near the top of the canal - between the Sports Bar and Florida restaurant - as there have been a few people who have had their cards swallowed by those ones.
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum