Market

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Market

Postby sirkyboy » 18 Apr 2017 11:53

I know it's a bit rubbish, but for us a morning going to the market is as much a part of going to Turkey as drinking an Efes, and having at least one meal with "Chips, Rice and mashed Potato"

As the market has now gone from Icmeler, is the one in Marmaris still running. I haven't been to it since around 2007 so not sure if it's still on the go, and more importantly if it is, where is it located?

Thanks
sirkyboy

Advertisement

Re: Market

Postby blondie » 18 Apr 2017 13:35

There's one in the Beldibi area of Marmaris on a Sunday which I've heard is meant to be ok - you would need to get the normal Icmeler dolmus into the centre of Marmaris and then either hop in a taxi or get the Beldibi dolmus
blondie

Postby sirkyboy » 19 Apr 2017 10:16

Thankyou, I might give this a try. I take it that the market in Marmaris is no more then?
sirkyboy

Postby ScouseFitz » 20 Apr 2017 11:10

There's a big market in Datca, Sirkyboy, that sells the same stuff as the old Icmeler market. I'm sure there's a dolmus that goes there. The Icmeler market is still there but mainly limited to fruit and veg. Still a pleasant walk around under the covers, though.
ScouseFitz

Postby blondie » 20 Apr 2017 11:29

Yes, the market in Datca is on a Saturday and you can get the bus there from the otogar in Marmaris. There are also markets in Dalyan, Koycegiz and Mugla too for those missing their shopping fix - and the haggling! :lol:
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum