Top road cafe !

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Top road cafe !

Postby ian » 30 Mar 2017 09:52

i had a look on the icmeler web cam this morning which for a while is being streamed through you tube,,,i noticed a new video from john Ratcliffe,,, topic is "top road cafe " another depressing sight ! i like many others spent many hours there having a beer or ice tea taking in the stunning view of the beautiful icmeler bay,,,well the cafe is reduced to rubble,
ian

Advertisement

Re: Top road cafe !

Postby blondie » 30 Mar 2017 10:23

Don't shoot the messenger, but apparently, it, along with the ones near Cafe del Mar which have also been demolished were all illegal builds and that is why they have gone.
blondie

Postby ian » 30 Mar 2017 11:13

thanks once again blondie for your insight and wisdom,,,i think most on this forum are well aware as to why this was on the " Hit list " if you were starting to look for a holiday this year and had never been to icmeler im sure after viewing this video along with many others it would be madness to even think about taking your family there ! im not sure if you have read the post Rami made yesterday ? perhaps you should read it,,,all valid points that were made,to yourself and some others who at the time and still say the new changes are good for icmeler i ask all of you this ,,,what valid benefits have the changes made to icmeler after 3 years ? how has it made the resort better ? i await intently with your replies,from what i see the pluses are far outweighed by the negatives and that the changes were better for themselves because it suited them regardless of the cost to the resort.some may say thats the thinking of selfish short minded people,
ian

Postby smc4761 » 30 Mar 2017 20:29

I agree with you Ian that many changes have not benefitted the resort at the moment. If I am honest I did not like the direction the resort was going in. It was becoming too brash, loud and in places a bit cheap and tacky in places.

There were far too many bars and restaurants for the numbers going to resort, something had to give.

Just my opinion, but I believe that they are wishing to move away from a predominantly British resort to a more cosmopolitain upmarket resort. Look at he number of newer more upmarket hotels in resort now compared to say 3 years ago. Rightly or wrongly they are trying to attract, more Turks and other close countries to the resort. Sure they do not spend huge amounts in the resort, the AI will see to that and regretably that will have an impact on businesses in and around the resort. The Brits will still come but not in the numbers that were there 3/5 years ago

This will not suit everyone and as we have seen from comments on here, many are disappointed with the direction the resort is going in.

Icmeler is still popular you just have to log on to Facebook and see the many busy groups on there

As with all things in life nothing stands still, things change, people move on, try new things, new places.

Only time will tell if the mayor was right with his changes
smc4761

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum