Rhodes Apartments

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Rhodes Apartments

Postby ScouseFitz » 05 Sep 2016 14:55

Had another fantastic couple of weeks in Icmeler last month. We stayed at Rhodes in the old village, our second time there. Couldn't fault Tolga's great service, the apartment, pool, everything.

While we were there though, Tolga announced that it would only be possible to book privately next year, and that he wouldn't be working with Thompson or ICR. I for one won't be booking there, then. Part of the reason we book through ICR is the fact that there's someone to turn to should something go wrong with the booking. We can always get hold of someone to get it sorted. I'd be wary of booking privately for this precise reason. Who do you turn to when you arrive at two in the morning, exhausted and ready for bed, only to find that your room isn't ready?

Sorry, we'll stick with ICR thanks. So, folks. I'm after some advice some recommendations of somewhere quiet and peaceful, in the old village, with a good pool, (and preferably no slide). Any ideas?

Didn't do a blog this year, but I'll post a review later......it was a fantastic holiday, thanks to JT, Elaine and Michelle...
ScouseFitz

Advertisement

Re: Rhodes Apartments

Postby JT » 05 Sep 2016 15:58

Hahaha Paul,

All of the regulars were telling us that before they could unpack or get a drink or even get to their room, he was shoving a price list into their hands and repeating book direct, book direct only

Seriously though it is a shame for all of the regulars who have stayed at Rhodes through us for the last 10 years as a lot have already stated what you have

We have looked after them from day one and made sure there are no hiccups

With his uncles place across the road (Daystar) now back in their control, who knows where you would end up if booked direct
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Brian S. » 05 Sep 2016 16:27

Oh dear !
We all went in May this year, Hilary and myself, her sister and husband, her brother and his partner and we had a fabulous time, however this booking directly with the owner of Rhodes is just not going to happen.

What happens if things don't go as well as planned to whom do you complain, who will resolve your situation ? We have booked through ICR for the last five years and ICR has always looked after us really well and what's more they have an office in Icmeler and an office here in the UK.

We feel safer and happier dealing with them so sadly we will not be going to Rhodes Apts in October.

We are sure ICR will find us a good place to stay.
Brian S.
New User
New User

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 05 Sep 2016 17:35

We also booked Rhodes apartments with ICR last year and had a lovely holiday. I certainly wouldn't be booking direct with Tolga and the mention of the link to Daystar I find somewhat concerning. He may well come to regret his decision to go it alone but I do wish him well. Only time will tell!
sunlover loch lomond

Postby Sami » 05 Oct 2016 21:26

I think he will totally regret his decision on doing direct bookings, silly man. Perhaps marriage has fluffed his brain up!!!
Sami

Postby inch1963 » 03 Nov 2016 15:45

Scousefitz,
Holidaying in the old village as we do,(sorry JT) we often use the Moonlight apartments and the Efem apartments. Both have slides but they are on for about two hours a day. Both are bookable through ICR and the Barman at Efem ,Leon is married to Michelle in the ICR office.
Hope this helps.
inch1963

Advertisement

Postby ScouseFitz » 07 Nov 2016 12:15

Thanks for this,

We've stayed at Moonlight, and they're a definite contender. I always call in and see Bobby when we're in Icmeler, and apartment 28 round the back is a hidden secret. It's huge, and has a large balcony and its own garden, it's like a private flat. I did have a look at Efem while I was there, went past a few times, but always seemed a bit busy/noisy for us. Thanks though.
ScouseFitz

Postby ScouseFitz » 07 Nov 2016 12:23

Sami wrote:I think he will totally regret his decision on doing direct bookings, silly man. Perhaps marriage has fluffed his brain up!!!

Agreed Sami. We love Rhodes, it's perfect for us, but I do think this is maybe not that wise a move for him. Tolga's great, he's hardworking and takes pride in the place. He runs a tight ship, and it's obvious he cares. But....and it's a big but....he's not good at the admin side of things, email etc. I would worry, particularly now they've taken Daystar back, that something would go amiss with our booking, and in the event, we'd have nobody to turn to for help. Yes, I know we're paying a little extra to go through ICR, but I'm happy to do that for that support, and the peace of mind that gives me. More than happy.

I guess only time will tell. It's November now. I wouldn't be surprised if Tolga changes his mind on this come March/April. We'll see.

P.
ScouseFitz

Postby Sami » 06 Jul 2017 10:28

After consideration I actually thought about going to Rhodes Apartments next year for my return to Icmeler. But after reading back through this forum thread, its made me think.
I have already enquired with Michelle about Sun Village for deposit etc so I think I'll also stick with going with ICR. You are correct in what you are saying about having someone to turn to if something goes wrong. With ICR we have the transfers which are all controlled and an office to go to if you need anything. Plus you have the lovely girls to go and see to book excursions, change money at a good rate etc etc.
Made my mind up now. Can't wait till next year now!! LOL
I also noticed that there are not many reviews on TA about Rhodes Apartments for this year. I know its still early but I thought there would be more than for one from May 17.
Sami

Postby dragon » 09 Jul 2017 21:30

The apartments were perfect for us especially as I use an electric wheelchair and the OH uses an electric scooter. None of the listed wheelchair friendly apartments are suitable. The Sun Village apartments were a contender until I saw the flight of steps, so unless there is another entrance, that's also off the list. We were looking forward to our return as we have been visiting for the last twelve years but were unable to this year as we needed to build a downstairs bathroom due to deteriorating health.

I was hoping that Tolga would realise his mistake and would be back for 2018. Still hoping!
dragon

Postby Sami » 10 Jul 2017 13:58

Yes, Sun Village do have those steps. However, Rhodes Apartments also have steps into the apartments, though the ground floor ones you can gain access over the balcony if you are around the pool during the day.
It was 2018 that I was enquiring about with Tolga so I don't think he will change his mind. He will only realise when the bookings don't come flooding in like they did through ICR. Sun Village is definitely my first choice with ICR for next year and now my mind is set, I cannot wait to get booked.
Sami

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 10 Jul 2017 16:27

Dragon, have you looked at the Bilnur - they are wheelchair accessible. There was a lady in a wheelchair staying there while we were there. Ask for a room on the ground floor of the newer block...
blondie

Postby dragon » 10 Jul 2017 23:59

Used to have a ground floor apartment in the Rhodes so didn't need to use the steps at all. Thanks Blondie, I'll have a look at the Bilnur.
dragon

Postby Sami » 11 Jul 2017 14:25

Oh yes, around the side to the left I think???
Sami

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum