Today in Icmeler

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Today in Icmeler

Postby JanetS » 16 Jul 2016 11:14

I was wondering how things are in Icmeler and Marmaris after last nights events in Turkey.
JanetS

Advertisement

Re: Today in Icmeler

Postby lynnep » 16 Jul 2016 17:06

Hi just read this on the foreign office web site The road between Marmaris and Icmeler remains closed, following earlier reports of gunfire between the resorts of Marmaris and Icmeler.We strongly advise you to stay indoors, avoid public places, in particular demonstrations, and remain vigilant. But all seems to be ok according to the web cam any one willing to report the situation there to us back in the U.K.who have holidays booked
lynnep

Postby blondie » 16 Jul 2016 17:09

lynnep - that information is already out of date, I'm afraid. The road between Marmaris and Icmeler is very much open, flights have been arriving at Dalaman today and tourists in the resort are most definitely not confined to their hotels or apartments, but going about their normal activities, including sunbathing on the beach.
blondie

Postby acko338 » 16 Jul 2016 19:01

As if the tourist trade wasn't suffering enough?

I hope that all friends and Forum contributors who are there, going or about to leave all remajn safe.

I often quietly advise people not to make some of their bigoted views openly known, as tolerance is on a different scale over there.

All of the good people who work in Icmeler don't need this to further slow or stop trade in the resort.

My thoughts stay with you all.
acko338

Postby blondie » 16 Jul 2016 20:13

The Foreign Office has updated its advice on travelling to Turkey in the light of the fact that things appear to be calming down a bit now. Check the website for the latest information: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum