Mansy & Geordies Chat Snug

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Re: Mansy & Geordies Chat Snug

Postby geordie1970 » 28 Aug 2016 20:10

No worries JT, we certainly do have to make the most of what a short life we all have :wink:

It's not the safety aspect why we've decided not to return and try other places. We've been 7 times now over the last 4 years (including May this year) and have seen a rapid decline in atmosphere, numbers etc and want to see the World while we can.

I agree like I've said before, that the scaremongering doesn't help the situation, but it seems that there's possible trouble wherever you go and we all just need to be 'lucky' I suppose :shock:

Turkey/Icmeler is a beautiful Country with fantastic people and I'm sure it will all settle down eventually, so it can get back to the way it was.
geordie1970

Advertisement

Postby mansy » 07 Sep 2016 09:14

Done it Geordie, spent our holiday compensation money. Booked CROATIA, Baska Voda, for June 2017. Now it's booked we are looking forward to it. Derek's op planned for December, so he'll be back up and running. Will be back to Icmeler, but just need a change next year. As they say absence makes the heart grow fonder !! And there's always the chance of a cheeky week there
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 08 Sep 2016 16:20

Hi Mansy :wink: .. Good on you! Croatia eh? Looks good and maybe we'll try it one day!

Glad Derek's got an op date and it will give him time to recuperate before June and then be fit enough to hit the Balkan dance floor on your hols! :lol:

Not long til Alvor anyway, what date do you go? ... Next Friday for Crete, can't wait for a week of peace and relaxation .....

Who knows if we'll squeeze a 'cheeky week' next year, we'll wait and see, but as explained Ercan has really put us off .... :cry:
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 09 Sep 2016 19:29

We fly out to Alvor on 18th, so just a week away now. Have a great holiday...
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 10 Sep 2016 12:30

You too Mansy, enjoy the lovely Seafood Restaurants along the front and the Statue Man :lol:

Catch up once back to whinge how 'other' Resorts aren't Icmeler no doubt ..... :?
geordie1970

Postby geordie1970 » 02 Oct 2016 12:02

Hi Mansy, how was your holiday in Alvor this year then?

We've amended our Gambia experience for Feb and are now going to Tenerife :wink: ... long story!
geordie1970

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 05 Oct 2016 21:15

All this talk of feeling like a traitor, I've got to say I've not been on this site in ages plus not looked at Icmeler for a holiday at all this year. Which makes me sad when I used to go twice if not three times a year. When all the cr*p happened with Syria, bombings etc, it worried me so much I immediately thought, that it could happen to me at dalaman airport. Which scares the sh*t out of me. Maybe I should brave it next year!!?
Sami

Postby mansy » 15 Oct 2016 09:38

Hi Geordie, and whoever else reads our chit chat.

Well, it's been manic since we returned from our lovely holiday to Alvor.
Arrived home to a letter from the hospital for Derek to have his knee replacement.. 11th October !!
So it's been a visit to the hospital almost every othe day to get all his bloods & pre admission stuff done.
Had the op on 11th & he came home yesterday (14th). Now it's all down to him & the physio. I'm shattered, it's hard work looking after an invalid, walking the dog, who doesn't understand why her walking buddy ain't walking her. Trying to keep her from jumping up on his knee when that's where she's always been. Thank goodness we had a great holiday to relax us prior to this.
He'll be ok, back to normal in no time.......please.

We are now planning to take a week in Icmeler at some point next year...see can't keep away
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 15 Oct 2016 14:53

OMG Mansy :shock: ... wot a time u've had indeed :cry:

Hope Derek makes a speedy recovery, it's a long battle ... Jeanette's late Mother had one a few months before she passed and the pain was etched on her face when moving .... my 80 year old Aunt has just had one too!

Glad you've had a good hol, not long til our next one ... well 2/12 for a mini cruise to Bruges Christmas Market on the Ferry for 3 days/2 nights onboard :lol:

We won't be 'home' next year ... Tenerife in Feb, Cyprus in July for 2 weeks and September to be decided :wink:

Take care
geordie1970

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 15 Oct 2016 21:53

Hi Mansy
Hope your husband is not in too much pain and makes a good recovery. What a difference it will make to his life so well worth the discomfort in the short term. My husband had one knee replaced 10 years ago and it was a great success and he made a very quick recovery. He needs the other one done now but also needs other surgery which has to take priority so in the meantime he will just need to suffer. You will be glad the op is over and for now the dog walking etc unfortunately is in your domain. Just as well you had your holiday before all this took place. Onwards and upwards from now on eh!
sunlover loch lomond

Postby mansy » 16 Oct 2016 22:27

Thanks folks. Hubby doing ok, it's getting easier every day (for him). He'll soon be back on his bike doing his time trials again. The bike cost far too much to go to waste lol.
Sun lover, he had his other knee done 4 years ago and recovered quite quickly.
Don't mind the dog walking, just used to it being a joint walk, hubby, me and our dog.
It's the last walk at night I don't like, I'm not good on my own in the dark.
I'll look after them both, hubby and dog, but realy want things back to normal
mansy

Advertisement

Postby chezza100 » 17 Oct 2016 11:49

Glad to hear Mr Mansy is on the mend.

As much as I love Icmeler its healthy to go elsewhere, the World is a big place :)

I refuse to be put off by terrorism, I went to Paris is august and really enjoyed it but then again my boss always jokes that if they opened up Iran as a tourist destination I'd be there on the first flight with my hard hat on :lol:
chezza100

Postby mansy » 22 Oct 2016 20:37

So true chezza, think we all need a change every now and again. So many friends in Icmeler though it makes it hard.
Mr mansy is doing well, having a little walk with me now with his crutches. Only a few yards, but he's getting there. The staples come out on Tuesday so that will be a bit better as they seem to be restricting his bend at the moment. He says the pain is not as bad now, nighttime is the worst. Other things to distract him during the day.
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 09 Nov 2016 16:41

Hi Mansy, just checking to see how the 'invalid' is getting on these days? :shock:

Any snow up in Mow Cop yet?? :wink:
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 15 Nov 2016 22:47

No snow yet Geordie, but it won't be long.

My invalid (mr mansy) is doing realy well now, 5 weeks on from his op, he's walking without crutches ( most of the time).
He's got a good "bend" now, way past 90*. He's on the exercise bike with no resistance on, but it will be a while yet before he's back on the real bike.

I feel like a trapped animal at the moment, not been able to go for weekend away. Roll on Spring 2017
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 18 Nov 2016 08:19

Glad he's on the mend Mansy :D .. he'll be a like a young whipper snapper on his Bike in no time! :lol:

Know what you mean about Spring mind, I'm sick of 'Winter' already up here in the Blyth Riviera :cry: ... too cold and need heat!!!

Take care
geordie1970

Advertisement

Postby mansy » 16 Jan 2017 12:28

Happy New Year Geordie & Mrs G. Well, after a lot of deliberation we've eventually booked all our holidays for 2017. Sadly none of them are in Icmeler this year. So for us 2017 will bring Torquay, Croatia, Torquay again and Portugal.
I must say for the first time ever we are both in agreement in giving our beloved Icmeler a miss. Hope you & Mrs G are sorted with holidays and life is being good to you both
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 19 Jan 2017 02:37

Hi Mansy, thanks and all the best to you both also :wink:

All but September are booked for this year, Tenerife 7/2, Lanzarote 18/5, Cyprus in July for 2 weeks and probably Crete again in September :D

Sadly we aren't going back either, the attempted Watch story with Ercan has put us right off and also the lack of what there used to be ... it's just not the same :cry:

We do hope it rediscovers all that was brilliant about the place, as we would have moved there tomorrow as well you know, I even offered to go 50/50 on a place with you and you could retire over there and we'd share it for holidays! :)

Anyway, business is good ... but it's turning into 18 hour days, it's that busy! .... hope Derek is nearly back to full strength.

Take Care,

Mr & Mrs G
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 22 Jan 2017 01:03

Thanks Geordie, Derek is well on the way to "normal" now. Back cycling, a bit slow at the moment but he'll get his fitness back soon. He looks so different with straight legs. Our reasons for missing this year are pretty much the same as yours, also the safety aspect has crept in. We will go back, and we will miss it, but we all have to do what's right with us. Keep in touch, I'm sure one day we will all go back and meet up again.
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 23 Jan 2017 22:44

Glad he's on the mend Mansy :D ... he'll be climbing the hills around Mow Cop very soon I'm sure!

Yep, it's sad how we both feel about such a special place, but you've gotta do what you think is right :cry:

See you soon we both hope and enjoy your hols wherever you go in the future!

All the best,

Mr & Mrs G :wink:
geordie1970

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum