Mansy & Geordies Chat Snug

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Re: Mansy & Geordies Chat Snug

Postby mansy » 27 Jun 2017 19:39

Hi Geordie, Torquay is 7/8 & Alvor is 17/9. Croatia seems ages ago now lol. I need a holiday.
Our friends still went to Turunc in June, they said it was still the Turunc they love..even if it was a bit quiet.
We'll be back in Icmeler definitely next year. It's getting harder because we love so many places now, having trouble fitting them all in.
Enjoy Cyprus, we've never been so I'll be expecting an honest account when you return..just in case it gets added to our "to visit" list.

Regards to you both, have a good holiday
mansy

Advertisement

Postby Sami » 07 Jul 2017 12:27

Hello people, I used to post on the forum (not this post) but have my say all the time. Since not going to Icmeler I've not been online for ages and I'm so glad to be back. Of course, the forum as a whole is quiet and I assume because its still early in the season and not many people have been out yet.
I, like many others, stopped coming to Icmeler when everything kicked off with Syria and everything else. I've frequented Fuerteventura quite a bit and popped along to Cape Verde. Been to Majorca a couple of times as well in the couple of years I've not been back. But like many others, I've missed it so much. I've missed the people and that lovely familiarity you get when you arrive. I miss the Efes, cold from the fridge, I miss a cider at the beach. I miss the walk into town from the Old Village, the smells and the whole feel of the place.
I cannot take it any longer and if I could fit in another week into this years schedule I would. However, I don't have enough holiday left so it will have to be next year and I am getting back on the horse so to speak. Hopefully May and September 2018, here I come!!
Icmeler - I've missed you :D
Sami

Postby geordie1970 » 14 May 2020 00:22

Hi Mansy, how’s tricks up on the hill?

Hope you’re coping with lockdown as well as I am :shock: ... I’ve been furloughed since 1st of April, so just trying to class it as an extended holiday (but without going anywhere!) ... Mrs G is now working from home, as she’s classed as a key worker, she works for BT in their call centre and the majority of staff have now been told to work from home.

I just don’t know what’s going to happen with any future holidays, as until this virus is 100% proven to be gone worldwide then will we ever risk getting on an Aeroplane?

Take care

G & Mrs G
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 31 May 2020 01:09

Hi Geordie, All our holidays are cancelled this year. Not taking any risks. We've been isolated so far due to Mr M being classed as "old" now he's 70. There's always next year for holidays. Our daughter in law is frontline NHS, right in the thick of it..so we haven't seen the family at all. Stay safe
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 02 Jun 2020 13:02

Hi Mansy,

That’s what you get for marrying a ‘Sugar Daddy’ all those years ago eh? :lol: ... but glad you’re both okay!

Still the same up here for us, with Mrs G working hard from home while I top the tan up in the garden during furlough :D

Roll on 2021 for Icmeler etc for us too, that’s if it’s safe to travel by then! :shock:

Take it easy down there and hopefully lockdown for Mr M will be over soon, my Mam’s a 74 year old widow and been home alone for weeks and weeks, except for the odd visit off me or my sister at a safe distance, so I know it’s tough!

Take care,

G
geordie1970

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum