Just got back, a little dissapointed

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Just got back, a little dissapointed

Postby geordielad880 » 24 May 2016 22:09

Just arrived home in the early hours this morning, stayed at julian forest suites, which are ok but massively overrated, but for what we paid cant complain really, but they are one of the more expensive ones usually, icmeler just isnt the same as it used to be in my opinion, still had a decent time, but dont think we will be going back for a good while, been the same time of year 3 times now, Going to olu deniz in june for 10 days, loved it the last time I stayed there, so looking forward to that. Weather was great apart from on saturday, which we had some lovely thunderstorms lol
geordielad880
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Just got back, a little dissapointed

Postby JT » 25 May 2016 12:10

To say that the Julian Forest is in Icmeler imo is to say that Icmeler is a 5 minute walk from Marmaris marina
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Mandy Mo » 25 May 2016 12:27

Oh dear. So sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the lovely Icmeler this time around. I do sincerely hope that everyone doesn't feel like this after this season or there will be no Icmeler in a couple of years time for us to enjoy. I do feel sorry for the small businesses who work ever so hard to try and make ends meet and REALLY depend on the tourist trade. I personally beg everyone to not take this attitude and please please please keep this wonderful place going - for many years to come hopefully. :?
Mandy Mo

Postby chezza100 » 25 May 2016 13:09

Pleased you had a decent time and I appreciate Icmeler isn't everybody's idea of the ultimate holiday.

I've been home 11 days and 53 days until I'm back - think I have an addiction lol
chezza100

Postby geordielad880 » 25 May 2016 13:33

JT, I totally understand what your saying, but I spent alot of time in the resort itself, I didnt use the all inclusive at the hotel very much at all really, I actually like the location of the hotel, it was the staff in restaurant and bar area that let the hotel down, totally useless, cant help but think its because they have bought the greenworld next door, alot of guests that had booked for julian forest ended up having to stay at the greenworld, and they were livid, as they had to keep going back and forth for meals etc, as greenworld is Self catering, and also the entertainment was so poor, which is why we spent so much time in icmeler centre, there was many guests who had stayed there numerous times, and said they felt standards had slipped massively.
I have been to icmeler now so many times, and in my opinion it isnt the same as it was, others might disagree with me, there was other guests at our hotel who had been many times before, and agreed with how we felt, and said they would either go somewhere else in turkey, or go elsewhere totally, I love turkey and have been to bodrum and fethiye areas also, and go back to olu deniz in 2 weeks time, I think i might try antalya next, and maybe go back to icmeler in a few years time.
geordielad880
New User
New User

Postby JT » 25 May 2016 15:05

At the moment it would not matter what resort in Turkey you went to as they are all down.

What with the idiot who is running the country or trying to and shooting down Russian jets

Antalya is 90% down because of this
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Postby acko338 » 25 May 2016 20:57

Very , very quiet this time around, lots of places closed down or looking abandoned, and if it is the local Mayor's decision to prevent live entertainment in the resort, then a death knell will be sounding.

Shops shutting at 11pm, restaurants and bars closing with empty seats well before midnight, not a good sign of things to come!

Thanks to JT and staff for advice and transfer etc - makes the organisation so much easier and trouble free.

Question for the regulars on here - would the resort benefit from a venue that provides live evening entertainment, music and comedy mixed, perhaps, even if it means a cover charge like the Harmony Bar for the drag show?

As much as I am an avid footie fan, I do like to have a break from continual matches on the big screens - the other half agrees that something needs to change to bring us back in May next year so we aren't bored with the same, same, same each night as we walk around after the evening meal.
acko338

Postby acko338 » 25 May 2016 21:06

Also. forgot to say that we found our hotel wanted us paying them for every single drink or item bought as soon as purchased - no tab , even as a hotel guest ?? Who takes their cash out to the pool each day??

Not had that in 31 trips to various locations in Turkey over 19 years - weird !!
acko338

Postby redmanc78 » 25 May 2016 22:27

In response to acko331 post about the live music.
Last couple of years we have spent quite a lot of time in the evenings in a bar near the main square that has live acoustic music on.cant remember the name but it's opposite the Kapmar and literally next to the main square.
The music and vocalists were really good in there and hopefully will be the same this year.
redmanc78

Postby NIKNAR » 26 May 2016 13:55

Pay for every single drink or item bought as soon as purchased - no tab!

We have been staying at the Grand Aquarium for the past 8 years and they use a Fob which you can wear like a watch.
You top this up at the Reception with whatever amount you want and use it in the Bar/Restaurant & shop as/when you need to.
This saves you having to carry any money.
At the end of your holiday what you haven't spent gets refunded.
NIKNAR

Postby LynnJenny » 27 May 2016 15:52

such a shame you dont want to go back we went back last year after a few years break wanted to try other places and missed icmeler we came back for 10 days and loved it cant belive went to bars we used to go to and they came out and hugged us it was as if we had never been away . yes lots of changes for us new hotels bars but for the better were coming back in july for 2 weeks and cant wait :D
LynnJenny

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum