My Review

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

My Review

Postby Sue » 13 Oct 2013 13:58

I would like to thank john and the girls for arranging my holiday for me, this is my review for the fortnight

We flew with Monarch this time which is the first time for us, it was a very good flight but next time I will ask for extra leg room as they were pretty cramped. On arrival we went straight through passport control within minutes and luggage arrived 15 minutes later. This year we decided to try a shuttle to see how long it would take and what the service was like. We booked with Icmeler On Line which cost £6.00 each for our transfer to Icmeler. This took two hours with a fifteen minute break to stretch our legs plus free drinks on the mini bus. All in all I would use a shuttle service again I was very impressed.

On arrival at Sun Blue we were shown to a room above the bar which we stayed in for two nights but then we asked to move as it was very noisy. The complex and room were superb we couldn’t fault it except the water came through an immersion and not solar powered like most so the water was only switched on for two hours in the morning and three at night and that was only when we had to ask about three times to be put on before 6pm. I would recommend the complex but thought I would make members aware of the problems with the water.

I will right separate reviews on restaurants we tried this year and bearing in mind the season was coming to an end so chefs were let go so food wasn’t up to standard in some places, but when I go again in may I will be sure to try them again

Places we ate

Kardelin - Excellent food and service

Holiday Bar – Excellent food and service

Florida Bar – Excellent food and service

Rush Bar – excellent food and service

Café Annes – Excellent food and service

Sonys – Excellent food and service

Meryem Yemek Evi – average, I will try it again next year though

Golden Moon – Average , I will try again next year

Navuz Café – food was below average, I would only ever go for a drink there next year as the setting is beautiful

Sun Blue – Excellent food and service

Alins Grill – Average -, I will try again next year

Cupids – excellent food and service

I will do separate reviews in the restaurant section.

The rate was very good in the resort, prices did not go up for meals even though the rate was so high, the food was good value for money and we spent less money this time than we did in may.

A lot of the time I spent sitting by the pool this time chilling out with new and old friends which we thoroughly enjoyed. I wont mention names but we enjoyed spending time with you.

We organised a private boat with Pirates of Marmaris which was recommended to us by one of our members which was 50 lira person person including lunch and drinks all day, stopping off at turunc for a couple of ours for a wander round. There were 14 people on the boat and we had a really nice day out, I would definatley recommend this boat trip.

Another boat we went on was Romeo in Marmaris this was booked through our friends, there was 7 of us that went on the boat, it was £10 all inclusive all day, there was no named brands and bottles of beer on the boat but the drinks were ok and the food was superb. Again we stopped off at turunc for a walk round for a couple of hours.

We organised a meet up with friends at the holiday bar which was a great evening, I wished I had organised a charity night for the animal welfare centre but due to circumstances at home I couldnt arrange it, but maybe next year I will be able to do this again as we did in may.

The resort was pretty quiet for this time of year, we didn’t get any hassle of anyone this time. Personally I thought the resort looked tired and weary in September as oppose to may but it wouldn’t stop me going in September again, but saying that I have stayed in the village for five years now and decided to try the centre for a change, but from now on I would prefer to stay in the village from now on as it is so peaceful.

We only stayed for ten days then we travelled to dalyan for four days which I will write a separate review

I hope I didn’t ramble on and if I think of anything else I will add to this

Dalyan

We went by private transfer with Icmeler on line to Dalyan for our four day stay in Dalyan for the first time. On arrival at Hotel Tezcan we had booked a canal view but we were told we couldn’t have it until the next day as someone wanted to keep their room on until later that night, we weren’t please but we were moved to a street view until the next day.
We went for a wander on our first afternoon, It was pretty cloudy so we didn’t venture that far. Our first meal out was Cagri pide place, the food and service was excellent, after another walk round it started to rain so headed for a little cake place, I think it was called smyria, sat in there for two hours as the rain started coming down really heavily. I thought it was a lovely little café.
The next day the rain and thunder storm continued for a few hours so we changed rooms and sat looking from the balcony the spectacular view of the river and tombs. Once the sun came out we went by rowing boat over to the other side and had gozleme in the little café then went for a walk to Kaunos. We found the ruins very interesting but then it got to got so we came back and sat in the café again to cool down until we went back to the other side.
That night we went to Atay Dostlar Sofrasi, again we had a lovely Turkish meal in there and the service was great.
The next day we went by boat to the beach, it was a lovely day out and we sat on the beach all day. Our meal that night was at China City? This was the best meal we had in the time we stayed in Dalyan.
The evenings were very cold so we didn’t venture very far. The next day we caught the dolmus to the other end of the beach and had a look round the turtle hospital and the helpers explained what they did there in great detail. We didn’t get chance to meet captain June but it was an interesting place to visit. We sat on the beach for a while, I much preferred this end of the beach to the boat end it was so peaceful.
Our last night we went back to Cagri for a pide and then to our favourite cake shop and spent the evening in there.
The next morning we were picked up by a shuttle booked through ICR, the transfer was very good and again drinks were provided.
This was our first holiday in Dalyan and I fell in love with the place straight away is is a traditional resort with traditional values and I do hope it stays this way and doesn’t get ruined like some resorts. Looking to go back again next septmber for another 4 days. We had a fabulous time.

I went to Sun Village in May and loved it there. Sun Blue is a lovely place but next year i am going back to Sun Village, i loved it there the people are more friendly and hope to catch up with friends that were staying there the same time as us in May
Sue

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum