the love boat

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

the love boat

Postby andy » 07 May 2005 12:01

So many people recommend this place, can't understand why, tried it last year, definately the worst meal i've ever had in icmeler.
andy

Advertisement

Love Boat

Postby Brenda » 23 May 2005 16:11

I have eaten in many restaurants in Icmeler, this is definately the best!
Brenda

Postby andy » 01 Jun 2005 20:01

Must have been a one off, Unfortunately with so much choice, if you have a bad meal you don't tend to return.
andy

loveboat

Postby dee » 02 Jun 2005 12:17

we've eaten many times at the Loveboat over the last 2 years never had a bad meal there ever. I agree its one of the best restaurants in icmeler!
Its different to many of the others. cant fault it.
dee

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2005 20:47

Got back from Icmeler last week....and I had a wonderful time. The meal at the loveboat was so good..we had to go back on the last night!!! Maybe it was the look of the cheesecake..or the taste of the creme brulee..bloody gorgeous!!

Anyone going there soon? Say hi to Amhet for me..he works there..he's gorgeous!! shame I had to come home eh (hahahhaa...joking!!)

Rhian xx

Defo up for going back there again..wish I was there now actually!! :(

Postby rhian » 19 Jun 2005 20:48

Anonymous wrote:Got back from Icmeler last week....and I had a wonderful time. The meal at the loveboat was so good..we had to go back on the last night!!! Maybe it was the look of the cheesecake..or the taste of the creme brulee..bloody gorgeous!!

Anyone going there soon? Say hi to Amhet for me..he works there..he's gorgeous!! shame I had to come home eh (hahahhaa...joking!!)

Rhian xx

Defo up for going back there again..wish I was there now actually!! :(

Sorry this was me..didnt realise I wasnt logged on!! :?
rhian
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Neets36 » 20 Jun 2005 16:28

rhian, we've always been fans of the Loveboat as well but when we went in May, they hassled us a bit to go in and the guy that had always been on the door for the past few years wasnt there (Hamdi). We asked where he had gone, the reply we got was "dont know" .... they did, he'd got another resteraunt just behind Tansas (Wayside) so we felt a bit put off by this - sounds like the food is still good by your report so we might put the little episode behind us and give it a try. :D
Neets36

Postby rhian » 22 Jun 2005 16:47

Neets36 wrote:rhian, we've always been fans of the Loveboat as well but when we went in May, they hassled us a bit to go in and the guy that had always been on the door for the past few years wasnt there (Hamdi). We asked where he had gone, the reply we got was "dont know" .... they did, he'd got another resteraunt just behind Tansas (Wayside) so we felt a bit put off by this - sounds like the food is still good by your report so we might put the little episode behind us and give it a try. :D

yeah definately give it a try this time!!

!

[/url]
rhian
New User
New User

love boat

Postby powdie » 15 Aug 2005 03:27

Never been to this restuarant in all the time we have been going to Icmeler so thought this time we would give it a try due to the good reports---But sorry though the presentation was lovely the meal was awful the waiter Ali asked me why I had not eaten the steak, when I explained that it was full of fat and grizzley, plus blood running out of it, he took it away to EXAMINE when he returned minus the meal he said it was fine so I paid 20 plus lira for some frozen chips, a few mushrooms and onions, they did not have the decency to offer a free drink as recompense or have the courtesy to put our bill in a box, needless to say we did not leave a tip.
To say they will never get my custom or recommendation again is an understatement. powdie
powdie

Re: the love boat

Postby Guest » 03 Sep 2005 19:32

andy wrote:So many people recommend this place, can't understand why, tried it last year, definately the worst meal i've ever had in icmeler.

You gotta be jokin! We have been to Icmeler for many many years now and the food in this restaurant is BY FAR THE BEST, atmosphere, presentation and service is unrivalled! Not jealous of those uniforms are u?????

Postby Guest » 03 Sep 2005 19:43

I have been going to Icmeler several times a year since 1999 and have to say The Love Boat is by far the best restaurant to visit. The Staff are always courteous and keen to make sure you are happy. The presentation is fantastic and i would definatly recommend the pasta dishes especially the five cheese ravioli (yum yum) and the desserts are to die for! Cannot believe the earlier post about the steak and them not rectifiying the situation doesnt sound like them at all. Also there is no trouble or hassle from 'girlfriends' in there like in other places, just relaxed with good food and very nice staff.
Have to say missed Hamdi being there this year tho but did go to see him in his new restaurant which was very nice and worth a visit (Wayside)

Advertisement

Postby Guest » 03 Sep 2005 20:35

Well,im sorry to say that the love boat has gone down,the in place to be now is the wayside,with lovely Hamdi,the love boat used to be good,but .....................sorry

Re: the love boat

Postby debi » 03 Sep 2005 23:00

Anonymous wrote:
andy wrote:So many people recommend this place, can't understand why, tried it last year, definately the worst meal i've ever had in icmeler.

You gotta be jokin! We have been to Icmeler for many many years now and the food in this restaurant is BY FAR THE BEST, atmosphere, presentation and service is unrivalled! Not jealous of those uniforms are u?????

In your opinion!!!!!!!everyone is entitled to an opinion,just because a man does'nt think this is the best place in town,does'nt nean he's jealous of the uniform??oh come on!!!
debi

Postby andy » 04 Sep 2005 00:47

Must say i was the one who started this post with a bad report, however due to all the good posts we tried it again in june and yes it was superb, will definately be eating there again next week.
andy

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum