Icmeler Animal Welfare And Donations

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Re: Donate an Efes to this great paw cause

Postby Canli » 04 Aug 2012 15:13

Rami Off Work wrote:What a nice cause. We are very touched.

ICR will match the total amount donations collected.- 1/1 (of up to 500 Lira)

Michelle and Elaine will happily provide you with maps to visit the dog house and they will also post on here the each donation money collected from who and when with a receipt number on record if thats allright with the donators.

Thanks for the great idea for a great cause.

Rami

Nice one, Rami! We won't be there till october, but we'll be popping in with our donations then, and going to visit the dogs.
Canli

Advertisement

Postby Caltonian » 04 Aug 2012 21:19

Rami Off Work wrote:What a nice cause. We are very touched.

ICR will match the total amount donations collected.- 1/1 (of up to 500 Lira)

Michelle and Elaine will happily provide you with maps to visit the dog house and they will also post on here the each donation money collected from who and when with a receipt number on record if thats allright with the donators.

Thanks for the great idea for a great cause.

Rami

Hi Rami. John said on a thread in the Blogs forum that ICR were setting up an open bottle/jar in the office for people to donate, but that they would only be accepting up to a couple of lira from everyone. Is that still the case?
Caltonian

Postby JT » 04 Aug 2012 21:34

You can leave as much or as little as you want to

Everything will be noted so nothing just getting thrown into a jar

We realised that there are certain twisted people out there that would say we stole money or did something wrong so now everything will be noted

All monies presented will be ticketed and or given a number (Rami is still deciding which way) then everything that goes in will be recorded.

The 500 lira that we will donate from ourselves will then be added to it and presented to Jan so she can sort the animals out
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Caltonian » 04 Aug 2012 21:39

JT wrote:You can leave as much or as little as you want to

Everything will be noted so nothing just getting thrown into a jar

We realised that there are certain twisted people out there that would say we stole money or did something wrong so now everything will be noted

All monies presented will be ticketed and or given a number (Rami is still deciding which way) then everything that goes in will be recorded.

The 500 lira that we will donate from ourselves will then be added to it and presented to Jan so she can sort the animals out

*bows in reverence with outstretched arms*

Excellent offer by yourself JT, i'll try to put as sizeable a dent in your pledge as possible :lol:
Caltonian

Postby noodles1609 » 05 Aug 2012 10:13

WOW!! :D

How absolutely bloody fantastic! I'm getting a bit emotional reading this, thank you everyone for supporting, and a really BIG THANK YOU to JT, Rami, Michelle and Elaine at ICR - we're causing you extra work when you're busy and you're still being incredibly generous with your support! Thats' what I love about Icmeler so much.

Wonderful, just wonderful

Thanks everyone, you are super super people :D

PS - got to chuckle - had to edit my message before it would post as it contained too many smilies! Love it!
noodles1609

Postby Raynard » 05 Aug 2012 15:37

Does anyone know if there is any way I can make a donation from the UK either by cheque or bank credit transfer?
Ray
Raynard

Advertisement

Postby JT » 05 Aug 2012 17:21

Wait until you get here Ray as even if it is next year the dogs will still be there and still nee feeding
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby Raynard » 05 Aug 2012 20:51

Hi John,
My first ever "job" while still at school was working at a boarding kennels for dogs, feeding them and taking them for walks and cleaning out etc so I would like to help in a small way because I admire how much work that these guys must be doing at the dog's home looking after these unwanted dogs. Surely there must be a way to get some cash to the charity as a donation this year and if I am fortunate to get to Icmeler next year I could donate again.
Ray
Raynard

Postby sandybeach » 05 Aug 2012 20:54

Raynard wrote:Does anyone know if there is any way I can make a donation from the UK either by cheque or bank credit transfer?
Ray

i was thinking the same thing, guess i will pay double bubble when i get there in June, unless i get a cheeky week in September. Great work on ICR for all their contributions and their help in actioning the donations.
Sandy
sandybeach

Postby noodles1609 » 06 Aug 2012 05:08

If there was a way to take your donations with me when I go, I'd be more than happy to. I do realise though, that sadly, peoples first instinct in this day and age is one of mistrust, and to be honest, you don't know me so there is no reason to trust me other than on my word!

I've asked the question on IAW facebook page to see if there is a way to donate directly, I'll keep you posted :) But, I am more than happy to take your donations, if that would help.
noodles1609

Re: Icmeler Animal Welfare

Postby diddlydi » 06 Aug 2012 07:06

Hi there - so nice to see that people are willing to support Janet and all that she does. They also have a facebook page. Sometimes makes some reading; but is also very useful, particularly if you are wanting to enquire about animals or report any issues that they may be able to help with. Well done Janet :-)
diddlydi
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby JT » 06 Aug 2012 08:29

I did write something last night but had a power cut as I hit the button

We cannot accept cheques in the UK as they would have to go through our bank accounts and then be liable for tax so maybe people could see who is coming out soon via the forum and get a money transfer done that way and then dropped off by them into the office and then we can get it to Jan

I believe there is another table top sale at Lal this coming Saturday so hopefully that will help too
JT
Admin
Admin

Re: Icmeler Animal Welfare And Donations

Postby jmelia128 » 06 Aug 2012 08:59

Donna and myself will be in resort 20th-31st Aug.
Anybody wanting to donate we would gladly see
That it gets to the ICR office,and Donna will be at the
dogs home every other day taking them for walks. :D
jmelia128

Postby JT » 06 Aug 2012 09:19

Nice one John

Exactly what I meant so people time to email each other

All monies will be receipted
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby noodles1609 » 06 Aug 2012 16:31

It's all a bit complicated at the moment for them to accept donations from outside of Turkey, but they've got someone on the case looking into it. In the meantime, I am more than happy to take your donations over for you, as I said before, this will be on trust, and I totally understand if people don't want to do this - however, for those that do - my suggestion would be if you have a paypal account you could make your donation to my paypal account which I can then transfer and withdraw in cash to deposit in Icmeler. If you want to do this please pm me on here and I'll mail you the details.

I'm flying out this Saturday, so it might all be a bit quick for this time round, but assuming your donation won't be hundreds of pounds, I can put in for you and sort the processing with paypal later on, however, we are going back out again on 9th September, and so are happy to take donations across then too.

Whoever it was that pointed me in the direction of this thread on the IAW page asking the question about donating (it's not on the page anymore) - thank you - but that's me that made the post!
noodles1609

Postby noodles1609 » 06 Aug 2012 17:37

JT - just a thought - if we're bringing donations in, are they better in lira or sterling cash that can be changed in bulk when the rates are good?
noodles1609

Advertisement

Postby sausages » 06 Aug 2012 18:07

Hi all,

I have just read the posts on icmeler Animal Welfare facebook page and Jan is looking into someway of donations being paid to them. Im sure as she finds a way she will let us know. In the meantime myself and my partner have now raised £320 for the dogs which i will be taking with me in 3 weeks and hopefully will get somemore. We do car boot sales and my doggie friends give me donations as i have done leaflets and told them some of the stories of the various dogs.

As Jmelia was saying, i to will be in Icmeler from the 27th Aug for 2 weeks staying at the Bonjour if anyone wants to visit the dogs and come for a walk just come and find me and i can arrange it.

Wendy (sausages)
sausages

Postby JT » 06 Aug 2012 19:46

Sausages that is good of you to collect that much but I think it would be better for people just to go visit the dogs home if they want to walk the dogs as you are on holiday and I know for a fact that the hotel will not be allowing people to wander around looking for you

So looking at it now, it looks like Jan will be able to pay off the current vets bills with donations coming over in the next few weeks.

Don't forget though, if you want to walk the dogs you need to do it very early as it is really hot even at 10am and most residents are now walking their dogs in the evening as the sun drops

Keep up the good work everyone
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby sausages » 07 Aug 2012 06:56

Hi JT,

Yes that is very true about the hotel i didn't think of that, just being a bit enthuiastic. As you also said the dogs do need walking early because of the heat as i have walked them many times before and it does get very hot. It great to see so much support for Jan, Semin and the dogs.

See you all soon

Wendy x
sausages

Postby freebutterfly » 07 Aug 2012 23:59

Hi everyone just been reading all these comments and so happy and thankfull for all your support i dont have much time to spend on the computer and I can say that Wendy alias SAUSAGES haha is a long time supporter ans she is 100 percent trust worthy to bring money over i am trying to get a way set up for donations but the laws in turkey for charties is very strict so think will need to do it from the uk will be there end of Nov my friend Angie is looking into all the option ready for when i am there so fingers crossed it will be done by end of year. I n the meantime just do it anyway you can and please contact me via facebook or JT if you would like to meet me and my dogs I am in Lal rest few yards up from 3 bells this saturday and every other week for the rest of the season so you can find me there so once again thankyou all for your interest an support look forward to meeting you all if poss/ xx :P
freebutterfly
New User
New User

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum