Icmeler Animal Welfare And Donations

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Icmeler Animal Welfare And Donations

Postby diddlydi » 31 Jul 2012 22:08

I dont know if you guys are aware of the fantastic work that Janet Bradley and her friends do for the animals of Icmeler. Check out their Facebook page or take donations to the Three Bells Pub. They currently have 69 dogs and today took in a mother and three pups who had had their tails barbarically removed :-( Please help :-)
diddlydi
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Icmeler Animal Welfare

Postby Roy » 31 Jul 2012 23:12

Does Janet run the dogs home up on the Turunc road or is this a different organisation?
Roy

Postby jmelia128 » 01 Aug 2012 08:47

Yes Roy that's the one.
She does a brilliant job with very little money,
And none of it comes from the government.
It's all donations and table top sales.

So all you dog lovers when out in Icmeler
Please donate something for this great cause. :)
jmelia128

Postby Roy » 01 Aug 2012 10:15

Thanks, there was a previous thread about cats & a guy responded (JT might have been involved) from the centre about their work, which also involves cats as well as all the dogs, which was also an open invitation to visit & we are planning going sometime soon; will put something on the forum after our visit as others might do as well.
Roy

Postby JT » 01 Aug 2012 10:45

Jan also organises a table top sale and I think is every Saturday evening at 6:30pm at Lala restaurant

Quiete a few of the local ladies help out and all proceeds going to the dogs home

If anyone wants to drop off their unused or even used sun creams and shampoos towles they dont want to take home then feel free to do so and I will get them to her or better still why not pop along to the event and do it there
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby yvonnem » 01 Aug 2012 10:55

Table-top sale is every other Sat - next one being held on 11th Aug at Lal restaurant (opp Babadam apts - along from Nefis Pide). 6.30pm onwards. Please, please support this great cause. Jan is desperate for funds as there is more than 2000ytl owing at 2 vetinaries. The neutering programme for both cats and dogs is very expensive; as is feeding them. The pound is chock-a-block at the mo but Jan and Semin never turn any away - Jan has a dog and 3 pups at her home because of lack of room at the Pound! Even if there's nothing you fancy at the table-top sale - please donate anything - if everyone put in 1 lira, it would make a world of difference.
yvonnem

Advertisement

Postby noodles1609 » 01 Aug 2012 17:23

I for one, have totally failed to realise the extent of the work done by Jan and the team, if any cause is worthy of their support then this is one in my view. We'll miss the sales this time round as we're flying in and out on the Saturday evenings - however, I would very much like to support the work done.

I've put a "wanted" notice on our works classified ads today to see if anyone has any collars and leads they could donate, and also mailed Pets At Home to see if they will donate too - they have a charitable foundation but won't support ventures outside of the uk. Surely there's more we could all do for not a great deal of effort each?

Anyone up for the challenge?

JT - if people wanted to support through a small cash donation, could the ICR offices be a central collection point?
noodles1609

Donate an Efes to this great paw cause

Postby noodles1609 » 01 Aug 2012 17:35

I've been quite moved today by sheer effort and amount of work put into looking after the animals in Icmeler, and would like to give a little something back to them. I'm a generous soul and would like to share this challenge with you all - it doesn't require much sacrifice at all on your part but here it goes -

Are you willing to give up just one of your nice cold Efes while in Icmeler and donate the cost of it instead to the dogs home? It's not much to go without is it? Just one little glass - you could drink the one before and the one after a little bit slower and not even notice it's missing. Then give that 5tl to the dogs home. If you normally drink your Efes somewhere a little more pricey, feel free to make that 5tl into 6 or 7 :lol:

There are 65 members going in August on the list - if all of us gave up one Efes the dogs home would have over 300tl towards paying off their vet bill. If everyone going in August is going with at least one other person who will also sacrifce just one Efes, the dogs home will be well on their way to paying off that bill.

It doesn't need that much effort from us, is anybody with me? Will you pledge your one Efes to the animals? :D
noodles1609

Re: Donate an Efes to this great paw cause

Postby Scotsmiss » 01 Aug 2012 17:54

Hi, we are due to arrive in Icmeler on 24th and though I don't drink Efes, I would love to support the dogs home. How do you donate?
Scotsmiss

Postby Canli » 01 Aug 2012 17:57

Count me in! Just let me know where to take my donation.
Canli

Postby noodles1609 » 01 Aug 2012 18:01

JT - Is it possible to leave donations at the ICR office? I know you've said you'll collect donations of goods for the Saturday sales on another thread - can we leave money too? It would be really helpful as you are so central and everyone knows where you are? I can bring a bucket to put it in :lol:
noodles1609

Advertisement

Postby Scotsmiss » 01 Aug 2012 18:02

Will definitly have sun cream and lots of other toiletries that normally get left in the hotel, so will try and drop them off to help support this worthy cause.
Scotsmiss

Postby noodles1609 » 01 Aug 2012 19:52

Come on wonderful people - 105 views and only 2 lovely people pledging their support - it's only one Efes :lol:
noodles1609

Postby jmelia128 » 01 Aug 2012 19:55

Donna and myself will be in resort 20th - 31 st aug,
We are staying at Eden Garden Apartments
Donna will visit the dogs home every other day
To walk them, well some of them far to many.
Please feel free to drop any donations off at apartments
Or go to the home yourselves and maybe walk a few dogs.
We where last in Icmeler in June and Berkay who runs
The apartments agreed to do a sponsored shave and we
raised over £200 just from the people staying there. :D

Sorry for the none ICR apartment mention JT.
Last edited by jmelia128 on 02 Aug 2012 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
jmelia128

Postby Jozzyd » 01 Aug 2012 20:06

i will donate (i always do) just let me know where :D
Jozzyd

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 01 Aug 2012 20:07

What a good suggestion Noodles and I will be more than happy to donate to this cause when there in September. I will keep looking here for info. as to where to make a donation and hope you get a great response. :D
sunlover loch lomond

Advertisement

Postby biddy » 01 Aug 2012 20:18

Hiya Noodles
You can count us in. We will certainly sacrifice an Effes or two for such a worthy cause.
Great suggestion, well done you :D
biddy

Postby goodlookinbill » 01 Aug 2012 20:38

put me down for a couple of effes no problem.just let me no where to leave me monie.
goodlookinbill

Postby weetoony » 01 Aug 2012 20:44

We'll be quite happy to donate an Efes or two, just let us know where. ICR office would be quite handy if JT is willing to play along. Where is the dogs' home anyway, I don't recall ever seeing it on my wanders?
weetoony

Postby jmelia128 » 01 Aug 2012 20:53

It's Only a five minute walk passed Tommys
in the old village.
jmelia128

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum