mar bas

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

mar bas

Postby scotgirl » 27 Jan 2012 20:34

hello all. this is going to be my third visit to icmeler this year.

with previously staying at the aqua hotel which we loved the price has gone up so much this year we coulnt justify paying the price for it.

we have been looking into staying in the mar bas hotel. has anyone been? whats it like? previously being in icmeler you hear horror stories from other tourists saying how bad there hotels are and thats not how i would like to spend my hols!

many thanks :)
scotgirl
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: mar bas

Postby dotty » 28 Jan 2012 16:01

Haven't stayed at the marbas myself, but always stay right next door at the Golmar. Our friends have stayed there though and said it was good, clean and friendly. As you probably know its right on the beach and the pool bar and tables overlook the promanade and beach. Sure you'll be fine there.
dotty

Postby scotgirl » 28 Jan 2012 20:37

thanks very much for your reply. we were looking at the golmar too. whats it like? does it do good all inclusive?
scotgirl
New User
New User

Postby jivebunnie0 » 29 Jan 2012 21:22

Hi Scotgirl
We stayed at the marbas in 2002 - I think it has had a bit of a makeover since then. It was fine, although we did have to ask to change rooms. If you want a sea view, it was rather expensive, if I remember rightly. Think it is now A/I - which we dont go for.
Hope you have a good holiday wherever you decide on.
jivebunnie0

Postby dotty » 30 Jan 2012 15:45

Hi Scotgirl
The Golmar don't do all inclusive, you can have bed and breakfast or half board (evening meal). We prefer B&B as there are so many fantastic restaurants in Icmeler which are very reasonably priced. We have done both B&B and half board at Golmar and both were fine, something for everyone I'd say. Hope this helps
dotty

Postby Wizard2734 » 30 Jan 2012 21:28

We stayed at the Mar Bas last August, all inclusive. I wouldn't recommended this hotel on the basis of our holiday last year. We got the impression that the hotel was up for sale, all the furnishings where old and in need of repair. Our rooms where clean but the floors where carpeted and very old and threadbare. The bathroom was in need of a upgrade.
Our friends where in the next room and their room was of a similar state as ours. The hotel was kept clean and we felt sorry for the domestic staff as they did the best they could. We had stayed all inclusive et the L'Etoile on many occasions before and where expecting the same standard with the food and drinks, but that wasn't the case. The food was very poor and repetitive day after day and not much variety. The bar only held vodka, raki and draft local beer. If you wanted different then the bar next door belonged to the hotel but drinks had to be paid for. The pool was dirty and they let cats drink out of it and if you ate your meals on the pool terrace the cats where round the tables looking for scraps all the time. The beach was very crowded and 50% of the sun beds where damaged, if you wanted a decent sun bed then it was practically go down at dawn with the towels. The hotel was run with the minimal amount of staff and sometimes the bar was unattended for long periods. During our 2 week stay there where limited english guests, most where from Scandinavia, they seemed to enjoy the hotel as the continental food was to their liking and they didn't bother with the drinks. I guess its personal choice, but if you like to have the choice of english and continental food and like a decent drink with choices, then the Mar Bas would not be suitable. I don't know if the hotel would have changed much since last August but if you have the chance I would consider looking at alternative accommodation. The Mar Bas is in a lovely spot but that was the best the hotel offered
Wizard2734
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby scotgirl » 06 Feb 2012 18:59

sounds like we definatly wont be going there then. is the l'etoile nice? its next door to the aqua
scotgirl
New User
New User

Postby kentcabbie » 07 Feb 2012 00:35

The Le,toile is nice been there 3 times, food good and plentiful, entertainment a bit boring, but that aint what we gofor, great position, and friendly staff, Rog.
kentcabbie

Postby Wizard2734 » 12 Feb 2012 22:11

Scotgirl if you book letoile then try and book rooms from floors 2,3 or 4. Ask for a room between 201 and 210 or same on other floors as these face directly to sea not side on. We have been to the letoile and always enjoyed our stay there. Also been to Aqua which we would rate the better but is more expensive than the letoile. HAve you looked at the Casablanca, this hotel was refurbished last year, heard good reports.
Wizard2734
New User
New User

Postby Sami » 16 Feb 2012 11:43

I have been tempted to stay at the Mar Bas before only because I love Liberty bar next door. The location is brilliant and I would imagine that if you get a sea view, waking up to those views of the sea and the bay every morning would be bound to put a smile on your face :D
I used to have a brochure and the rooms looked nice but this was year's ago and by all accounts I think it may need updating. I do also understand you get a lot of Scandinavians stay there, not that that is a problem but there does not seem to be many pool sunbeds. Then again, you do have the beach - right there along with the jetty that you can take advantage of during the hot sunny days.
Sami

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum