How many sleeps!

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Re: How many sleeps!

Postby daisysun » 16 Jul 2014 06:43

geordie1970 wrote:Go on Daisysun ... Rub it in! :cry: ... I'm not jealous one bit! ... Honest! :evil:

Lol sorry, thats how im going to feel when we get back dont think I'll be able to look at the how many sleeps thread :( until we get booked up to go again :)
However this countdown is coming to an end soon with only 2 sleeps to go :) (sorry geordie)
daisysun

Advertisement

Postby geordie1970 » 16 Jul 2014 07:25

Ha ha ... No worries Daisysun, revenge will be mine once you're back and the September countdown really kicks in! Lol :D ... 'So, she's away in 2 days, for 14 nights ... That's 16 days in total, so when she's back that'll be only 48 days to go ....' :D ... I think??? Lol :wink:
geordie1970

Postby chezza100 » 16 Jul 2014 09:31

Its madness but I don't think the waiting this year has felt that long.

79 sleeps for me but I'm also looking at next year and a potential 3 visits to squeeze in. I usually only have 2 so thats very exciting :lol:
chezza100

Postby mansy » 16 Jul 2014 09:44

I think the sharing of our countdown seems to make the time fly by. A couple more and you'll be there daisysun, then when you come back and geordie1970 gets out there we'll be on our way too. How time races by. We'll all be on countdown 2015 before we know it.

Busy few days for me now, so have a great holiday daisysun, I may not be able to post again before you fly.
mansy

Postby daisysun » 17 Jul 2014 05:38

Thank you mansy :)
Lol geordie. It will be even less until you and mansy go when I get back as im going for 3 weeks, cant wait, its the first time we have ever been for 3 weeks before -it was actually cheaper than 2 weeks. Crazy eh.
Well 1 more sleep then off to newcastle airport for our 2.40pm flight :)
I dont take phone or anything with me so wont be able to update until I get back
daisysun

Postby geordie1970 » 17 Jul 2014 07:23

Woo hoo! Daisysun ... That's good news as yep when you're back it'll be even less for me and Mansy :D

That's a proper break mind, 3 weeks ... I've mentioned that idea to Mrs G but she wasn't that keen :cry:

Didn't know you were from the 'promised land' mind, that makes it worse for me as I'll be looking up at the Sky for you taking off from up here in 'Sunny' Blyth with a tear in my eye! Lol :lol:

Have a great time and leave some Efes for the rest of us! Ha ha
geordie1970

Advertisement

Postby daisysun » 17 Jul 2014 12:52

geordie1970 wrote:Woo hoo! Daisysun ... That's good news as yep when you're back it'll be even less for me and Mansy :D

That's a proper break mind, 3 weeks ... I've mentioned that idea to Mrs G but she wasn't that keen :cry:

Didn't know you were from the 'promised land' mind, that makes it worse for me as I'll be looking up at the Sky for you taking off from up here in 'Sunny' Blyth with a tear in my eye! Lol :lol:

Have a great time and leave some Efes for the rest of us! Ha ha

Thank you, we will.
Yes we are from North Seaton ashington. we are taking off at 2.40pm so keep an eye out for a jet2 plane around that time and that'll be us, I'll give you a wave
We decided on 3 weeks because we just never want to come home after 2 - cant see us wanting to come back after 3 either mind- and the total cost was £6 cheaper than for the 2 weeks so that was decision made :)
Dont worry we'll leave everyone there share of the efes :)
daisysun

Postby chezza100 » 17 Jul 2014 14:28

Enjoy Daisysun :)

Its strange how they price it isn't it, I got 12 nights cheaper than 10 in June.

Wish I could go for 3 weeks at 1 time but I can imagine my boss' face lol.
chezza100

Postby daisysun » 18 Jul 2014 00:02

Thank you.
As soon as we had booked this hol we wanted to book for 4 weeks for next year but there was no way my hubby could get the time off.
Well im off to bed now ready for a busy day tomorrow, ill catch up with you all when im back :)
daisysun

Postby dodge » 18 Jul 2014 13:28

13 more for us and we are coming for 3weeks this year 1 week in sun village never been old Town before then are usual 2 weeks in lighthouse apts can't wait gonna try 4 weeks next year if we go ok with three hope you all have fab time
Cheers dodge:-) :-)
dodge

Postby geordie1970 » 19 Jul 2014 08:56

dodge wrote:13 more for us and we are coming for 3weeks this year 1 week in sun village never been old Town before then are usual 2 weeks in lighthouse apts can't wait gonna try 4 weeks next year if we go ok with three hope you all have fab time
Cheers dodge:-) :-)

Sounds a good idea, as me and Mrs G (she who'll not walk far) have never been to the Old Town! .. But September I'm going to hire her one of those Electric Scooters and make her go! Lol :lol:

Have a great 3 weeks and that's something I've mentioned doing next year, but we'll see :shock:
geordie1970

Advertisement

Postby mansy » 19 Jul 2014 13:13

Electric scooter ! Honestly Geordie, it isn't that far to walk to & walk all the way round the old village. It is worth it just for a trip to Cafe Rose. Also to see the farm animals kept in back yards !! Then when you walk back down to the beach area you could relax with a well earned Effes in Cicekli, it is the most relaxing place to sit & have a drink or 2 after a "long walk".
mansy

Postby blondie » 19 Jul 2014 13:35

I love wandering round the old village (the proper old village) - all those little streets and alleyways, and as you say, you see some sights! Nice and peaceful...even better if you bump into some of the locals.
blondie

Postby mansy » 19 Jul 2014 17:08

Great isn't it blondie, that's what it's all about. Seeing the real area's of Turkey, meeting the locals. They are so friendly & accommodating. We ended up having turkish tea, sat on a stool outside someone's front door. Love it.

Did I mention it is now only 65 sleeps 'till Icmeler visit number 2.
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 19 Jul 2014 21:55

Lol ... The Scooter is for Mrs G (honest!) :lol: ... It sounds lovely and I've just mentioned the posts about it on here and we're getting a Taxi there she said! :shock:

Aye, not long now Mansy ... Booking our flights with Jet2 a week on Thursday and then just the Accommodation :shock: ... Oh and some spends! ... But it'll not be a problem and we'll be there!! ... However, we're still deciding whether it's for 7 or 10 nights???
geordie1970

Postby nee » 20 Jul 2014 11:16

Only 2more sleeps does anyone know the rate in icmeler
nee
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby mansy » 20 Jul 2014 11:38

I'll be sooo jealous if you book 10 nights. Wish I'd done it, 7 sounded a good idea at the time.
Thing is , it only costs a few quid extra to stay longer but our flights are booked now.
Never mind, always next year, we are thinking of 3 weeks or possibly a month. After all........we have all the time in the world.
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 20 Jul 2014 17:17

mansy wrote:I'll be sooo jealous if you book 10 nights. Wish I'd done it, 7 sounded a good idea at the time.
Thing is , it only costs a few quid extra to stay longer but our flights are booked now.
Never mind, always next year, we are thinking of 3 weeks or possibly a month. After all........we have all the time in the world.

Lol ... Too late Mansy, the 10 nights are booked .... After all it was only £90 more for an extra 3 nights, booked the Efendi with JT today and just got our Jet2 flights to book a week on Thursday when we get paid :wink:

So does that mean that we'll be leaving the same day now the 29/9??? :shock:

Anyway, talk about jealousy ... With you and and Mr Mansy being retired now, why not go for 3 or even 6 months?? Lol ... I would!! :lol:
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 20 Jul 2014 21:35

Geordie, we depart Dalaman 03:05 30th September, bound for Manchester. Crap flight home, but we will get a full day 29th in apartment. At least we will get a kip mid afternoon. Then a part night out prior to taxi to airport..
3/ 6 months, you having a :lol: :lol: :lol: . Dog, Grandson, Son, back in UK. Not quite ready yet to cut the strings. Wish I was strong enough to do it. Hubby would.
In a year or two maybe. We are getting braver & doing a bit longer than we have before. Would have to take the dog though. Can't leave her at home. Everyone else can sort themselves out eventually.
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 21 Jul 2014 06:59

Mansy, I think I'm Mr Mansy's twin as I'd be off regardless! ... Let them stand on their own 2 feet I'd say and the Grandkids can always visit for Holidays! :lol: ... But obviously I'd bring the Dog if I was away long term :shock:

So anyway, if you don't leave until the day after does that mean that me and Mrs G have a 'room' to Shower in for 'free' if we can't get an extension at the Efendi?? Lol :D ... Our flight back is the usual 11pm, so a long day after bring kicked out at 12pm if not :cry:
geordie1970

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum