Yet another Thomas Cook Disaster

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Yet another Thomas Cook Disaster

Postby mansy » 07 Jun 2016 15:07

:cry: :x Will I never learn...What a total b***s up by Thomas Cook. Should fly to Dalaman today. Arrived Manchester airport to be told there is no flight scheduled to Dalaman today. It was cancelled in early FEBRUARY. Well no one told the passengers. We now fly tomorrow at 13:40, with the loss of a full days holiday yet again. They have put the passengers up in hotels at the airport. Offered us £50 each compensation. Told them stuff it where the sun don't shine. A formal letter of complaint will be sent to them on our return.
The company we booked with had no mention of TC when we booked. Then when we received our paperwork TC was emblasened all over the correspondence. They are the pits of the travel world. No one should ever fly with them ever again (including me !!!)
mansy

Advertisement

Re: Yet another Thomas Cook Disaster

Postby blondie » 07 Jun 2016 15:39

I have heard some horror stories about TC this year, mansy - but that takes the biscuit! Absolutely shocking - their customer service is dire to say the least. Losing a full day from your holiday is bad enough...but not to be notified of the change is beyond a joke. Definitely complain and don't let them fob you off. I hope you do eventually manage to have a great holiday - but give 'em hell when you get back!
blondie

Postby geordie1970 » 07 Jun 2016 15:53

OMG Mansy! :shock: ... That's disgusting and I'd be devastated :cry:

It's not just the flight, it's the Apartment that you've paid for that you're not getting in Icmeler, as well as losing a days holiday in the Sun through no fault of yours! :evil:

Hope you get there eventually and get paid accordingly when you return.

Regarding Thomas Cook, remember what happened to me and Mrs G (although that was my mistake) ... But their efforts to help were awful!!
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 07 Jun 2016 16:29

I must say that the Thomas Cook employee at Manchester airport ( Sue Naylor) who has been trying to sort it all out has been wonderful. She has had no end of abuse hurled her way, but she's gone all out to help each and everyone of us individually. She deserves a medal (or a big fat pay rise).
That company seem to think they can ride roughshod over everyone, trying to hide behind their "terms and conditions" of booking. i'm sick to the back teeth of TC and there excuses. According to them it is the PASSENGERS fault for not recon firming the flights. But only a week ago we did just that, soon as we received our flight vouchers emblazoned with Thomas Cook at the top. So it defo ain't our fault. Anyway...roll on tomorrow ....please. That first EFES won't touch the sides.
mansy

Postby blondie » 07 Jun 2016 17:16

I think TC are going to feel the backlash for all this - it's been shoddy to say the least in the way they have handled things. I do feel sorry for the staff at the "coal face" as it were though - they're the ones having to deal with the public, but it's not the fault what's happened. Hope you get away ok tomorrow, mansy - and have a great time when you do get there!
blondie

Postby smc4761 » 07 Jun 2016 18:24

With all the flight changes they made, cancelling flights, putting people to other airports, Tommy Cooks name is pretty much shot to pieces. They are getting pelters all over social media

As far as I remember in 2011, the government bailed them out and gave them 5 years to re pay and turn things around. The time is just about up now, if not already. I can see Tommy Cook struggling big time for any 2017 holiday
smc4761

Advertisement

Postby Amelia12 » 08 Jun 2016 14:02

That's truly awful!!! I just don't understand what is going on with TC. They seem to be lurching from one disaster to another. This morning I received an e-mail (addressed to my small daughter) telling me they had, once again, moved my pre-booked seats, they have already changed my flight time, carrier, seats all before. I am sick to the back teeth of them. Do what I did and blast them on FB. I got a personal response from actually a lovely TC girl last time who went out of her way to sort out my many complaints. They keep blaming their website but lets all vote with our feet. Hit them where it hurts. I certainly won't be flying with them again.

In saying that enjoy your holiday when you get there and try not to dwell on it but deal with it when you get back. They have no conscience!!!!
Amelia12

Postby chezza100 » 08 Jun 2016 17:14

Oh no Mansy!! I hope you get to paradise asap.

I agree the poor souls on the ground do a fab job even though they bear the full brunt of the wrath.

You said you've booked through a company other than TC, just wondered who if you don't mind me asking?
chezza100

Postby mansy » 14 Jun 2016 05:50

Chezza, sorry for the late reply, busy enjoying the sunshine.
Our holiday was booked through Culture Holidays.

The resort has started to fill up a bit over the past couple of days. Let's hope for the sake of the many restaurants / businesses it continues to do so for the rest of the season.
mansy

Postby chezza100 » 14 Jun 2016 11:55

No need for sorry, pleased you have got there & enjoying your time :)
chezza100

Postby mansy » 19 Jun 2016 11:01

Update, fight now underway
We have found that "culture holidays" are not a company , it is just one of many names used by THOMAS COOK.
After a lot of waffle over the phone, I told them of my utter disgust with them.

Now a letter of intent has been sent to them via a great site. All for free. No catches, no fees.
A friend recommended it to me, it is called resolver, and is to do with Martin Lewis
Maybe with Martin Lewis fighting my corner ........
I'll let you know when anything happens
mansy

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 19 Jun 2016 13:17

Resolver is a very good site, mansy - for all kind of consumer-related complaints too, not just holidays. I hope your complaint is taken seriously and you get the results you want. I've been reading all week on various forums about yet more and more people having their holidays mucked about or ruined by TC.
blondie

Postby geordie1970 » 19 Jun 2016 15:36

Good luck with it Mansy, hope you get sorted :wink:

Hope you've had a good time and pm me when home so I can tell you our story .... :shock:

Cheers
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 19 Jun 2016 15:48

Sent you a pm Geordie, home now, all to quickly.
mansy

Postby geordie1970 » 20 Jun 2016 11:15

Sent you a pm Mansy .... Didn't get yours? :shock:
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 24 Jun 2016 23:14

Am I missing something....if you pm me doesn't it come to my email ?
Not had anything geordie
mansy

Advertisement

Postby geordie1970 » 25 Jun 2016 00:44

It's meant too Mansy? .. But hasn't and yours didn't either? :shock:

Must be a fault with the site ... Oh well, I don't really want to whinge on here with what happened :cry:
geordie1970

Postby JT » 25 Jun 2016 10:50

Why dont you set yourselves up a Whatsapp account or a Viber account and then you can text each other
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby JT » 25 Jun 2016 11:14

Site is working fine all good but look at top of page and see what I have done for you two
JT
Admin
Admin

Re: Yet another Thomas Cook Disaster.

Postby mansy » 24 Jul 2016 14:11

RESULT !!! I have stuck in there like a dog with a bone. After a lot of arguing with Thomas Cook I finally went to the top brass....result £680 compensation winging its way to me. I'm one happy person
mansy

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum