First time visiting, few questions to ask.

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

First time visiting, few questions to ask.

Postby kerryjoannexx » 21 Feb 2015 19:34

Hi I am looking to go to iclemer for the first time in june, I have previously visited turkey but have only ever gone to Hisaronu.
I'm looking to have a few questions answered so if someone could possibly answer them i'd be very grateful.

1. What is Iclemer like the first week of june weather wise and is it still quiet then or has it started to pick up?
2. Has anyone visited kapmar hotel if so what is it like there?
3. I've heard that Iclemer is quieter than marmaris but was just wondering is there still plenty of bars, restaurants there?

Just wanted to know the last question as don't want somewhere rowdy but not somewhere that is too quiet

Thanks, Kerry.
kerryjoannexx
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: First time visiting, few questions to ask.

Postby blondie » 21 Feb 2015 20:11

Hi Kerry and welcome to the forum. June is a nice time to visit - everything is well and truly up and running, everything is open and the weather is usually great. We usually go end of May/beginning of June but we have been later in June too and it's been scorching.
I've not stayed at the Kapmar myself, but it gets very good reviews and feedback and is in a fantastic location - you could hardly get more central. It's only a few minutes' walk from the beach too.
Icmeler is a bit quieter than Marmaris, but I think the attraction for many people is that it pretty much has something for everyone. It can be as quiet and relaxing as you want, but there are loads of bars and restaurants, some more lively than others - and of course, Marmaris is just a short hop away if you want.
blondie

Postby mansy » 22 Feb 2015 11:38

Kerry, welcome to paradise. You have made a great choice in visiting Icmeler...I t may be your first visit, but I can guarantee it won't be your last. You'll get bitten by the Icmeler bug like the rest of us.

There are plenty of bars & restaurants and everyone on here has their own special favourite. There are a lot of quiet places, but saying that icmeler is not a roudy noisy place at all. We normally go mid June, but have been at work he begining and as Blondie says, the weather is lovely.
Enjoy your holiday, we look forward to hearing your thoughts on our special place on your return.
mansy

Postby cmac » 22 Feb 2015 12:18

Hi Kerry,
Welcome to Club paradise :D , the weather will be great at start of june, very warm but not scorching hot. as for the kapmar, its had many great reviews and spot on location so you have picked well I think. Icmeler is not rowdy at all, depends on what you are looking for and what your group consists of. there are plenty of great restaurants and bars for you to enjoy and have fun at, you will probably find your favourites quite quickly. I have also been to Hisaronu & Olu Deniz and Icmeler beats it hands down, Icmeler has a certain je ne sais quoi, great size, great people, great food and all round very pleasant ambience and nothing ever seems rushed, it can be as lazy or as active a holiday as you wish it to be, and Marmaris is only a dolmus away. it is a fair distance from airport so I would advise a speedy shuttle, as opposed to a coach, if that's practical, or even a private transfer. look forward to reading your thoughts, oh, and once you have been it is almost certain you will want to return, and remember your visa !!
cmac

Postby bobbysgirl » 22 Feb 2015 13:39

Hi Kerry, another welcome to the forum. We also visit Icmeler the 1st week In June and the weather is perfect! Icmeler will have opened up completely and you will be spoilt for choice for restaurants and entertainment. We have stayed at the Kapmar for the last 2 years and will be back in June and September. The hotel is very central to the beach and town and personally, we cannot fault it. The staff are lovely and will help you with any query you may have. You will no doubt visit Marmaris which is a short bus away but is a much bigger and busier resort but I'm sure you will love Icmeler opposed to Marmaris! Hope you enjoy and maybe we might bump into you during your stay!
bobbysgirl

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum