Its that time of year again....

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Its that time of year again....

Postby chezza100 » 16 Oct 2014 14:02

I've had my first message from Icmeler that some of my friends have started to go home for a well earned rest after the busy season.

Of course I'm pleased because everybody that works there needs a good rest & to see their families but at the same time status' will cease to be updated as often and even this forum gets a quieter as we move through the winter months.

Does anybody else feel happy & a bit sad at the same time this time of year?
chezza100

Advertisement

Re: Its that time of year again....

Postby blondie » 16 Oct 2014 14:11

Yes, I know what you mean - we've just booked up for 2015 though, so at least that gives us something to look forward to.
blondie

Postby geordie1970 » 16 Oct 2014 14:12

They deserve the break Chezza, just hope many return to the same Restaurants/Hotels etc next year :wink:

I definitely suffer PIBS .... Or 'Post İçmeler Blues Syndrome' :lol: .... I must go the Docs about it! Lol

Seriously though, I can't wait to be back and have been looking at holidays for next year the day after we came back! :D

Itinerary next year is looking as follows -

30/1 Egypt (never been) 1 week All-inc

26/6 İçmeler 2 weeks B&B Chateau De Ville (Never stayed before)

11/9 İçmeler 10 days B&B As above if okay, if it's not who knows where we'll stay!

Ps. I'm treble checking our Flights I book this time ... Don't fancy all that hassle and £600 cost again! :oops:
geordie1970

Postby chezza100 » 16 Oct 2014 15:58

PIBS, I like that Geordie lol

Isn't part of the fun playing spot the waiter when the staff move restuarants though? lol

I'm still looking at dates for next year hopefully will get something booked soon :D
chezza100

Postby geordie1970 » 16 Oct 2014 18:55

I suppose it us Chezza, but much nicer if they stay put, rather than trying to find them in the days you're there! Lol :lol:

Hope you get sorted soon and plump for a suitable date .... We'll be booking soon and then the 'real' countdown begins! :wink:
geordie1970

Postby mansy » 16 Oct 2014 21:05

Geordie, have you won the lottery or what !!! Thought it was only us "poor" pensioners who could take so many holidays :D :D

Just kidding.... I've also got PIBS. Great description of how we all feel geordie.

My calendar for next year so far reads

11th June. Alvor Portugal for 2 weeks
21st July. Torquay. 4 days (grandson in tow)
11/09. Date aprox Icmeler. Duration under debate at the moment. Party time geordie, Dereks big birthday

Maybe squeeze another week in Icmeler sometime in May (if I get my own way)
mansy

Advertisement

Postby geordie1970 » 16 Oct 2014 22:55

Ha ha Mansy, I wish I'd won the Lottery! .... £127 million on the Euromillions tomorrow!

Seriously though I just love my Holidays and it's what we all work for .... Plus I've been 'head hunted' to go back to a proper job, doing exactly what I did before ... So be on big bucks again, Company Car, Fuel Card etc etc and our business will keep doing what it does, so quids in! ... Probably start in November :wink:

Anyway, Alvor is lovely and very quiet/laid back ... Nothing like İçmeler, but has some fantastic Sea Food Restaurants down by the Waters edge and also some great Boat Trips ... Except up River rather than out to Sea, the Atlantic is so much Choppier! :shock:

I'm also sure you'll wangle a week in May back 'Home', so how jealous will I be! lol :cry:

Looking forward to the ICR meet 'Part 2' in September and we'll bring some decorations over (at a good price! lol) for Derek's BIG Birthday ... Still can't believe you both are OAP's! ... I look nearly as old! :evil:
geordie1970

Postby LaneyICR » 17 Oct 2014 12:30

I am one of the ones happy to be seeing the end of the season, in need of a good rest now, time for us to have a holiday :) but it won't be long until you are all back in resort again :o
LaneyICR

Postby mansy » 17 Oct 2014 12:51

Yes Laney you deserve a rest. Does that mean you'll be going on holiday to "Icmeler" :D :D

Good on ya geordie, that means you'll be able to buy me & derek a drink !!!!
mansy

Postby Sami » 22 Nov 2014 12:37

I am in the same boat as you all. I was lucky enough to grab a week in the Canaries this month so I had a sunshine top up just before the weather starts getting cold.
Of course, everyone working the season needs their rest and I agree that should the waiters and staff come back to Icmeler for another season next year, it is good to know if they have come to work in the same restaurant/bar etc. I spend a lot of my first week trying to find friends that have decided to move places of work. However, I am always the one on here hunting them down before I leave.

I have already booked for next May and bringing my Dad. I have already started counting down the sleeps but its too many to even mention on here. Get Xmas out the way and start as of the new year. I hope everyone's winter season goes well. Laney, enjoy! I'll see you next year. :D
Sami

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum