great news

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

great news

Postby kez&sue » 22 Aug 2014 13:16

hi all just wanted to share my great news since we visited icmeler in may we rebooked to return on the 8th of September but unfortunately 6 weeks ago my wife was diagnosed with colon cancer thankfully it is at an early stage so the doctors are very confident of curing it but you can imagine the holiday has taken a back seat unable to get excited for it because we didn't know if we would be going or not even though my wife has been adamant that we were lol|,we went to see the consultant at the city hospital in nottm and he has given us the all clear to go as my wifes treatment wont start until after the holiday so we can now start to look forward to our much needed break in wonderful icmeler sorry for babbling on but needed to share the news and get excited
kez&sue

Advertisement

Re: great news

Postby silverbeard21 » 22 Aug 2014 13:44

Hi, know what you are going through. I've been there myself and it's really scary to begin with. Have a great holiday relax then go back and get it done. It's quite debilitating and takes a while to recover but it isn't as bad as you would think so don't be overly worried by the prospect of the surgery etc.

David
silverbeard21

Postby mansy » 22 Aug 2014 14:21

Hope you have a great holiday, and all goes well with the treatment & a full recovery back to good health.
mansy

Postby chezza100 » 22 Aug 2014 15:55

My thoughts are with you kez&sue

Similarly my Mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in May, she had a holiday booked for June & we didn't know if she was able to travel. Because like your wife it was in the early stages they were able to put the surgery date back by 2 weeks so she could go.

They have been so accommodating & its made the experience a little easier to cope with. The doc acutally said that a holiday can be very beneficial psychologically & they encourage it if possible. His exact word were "go on your holiday & I will deal with this when you get back".

I felt so reassured & the outlook is good. Some people knock the NHS but I have nothing but praise.

Stay strong & a happy holiday to you both!!
chezza100

Postby goodlookinbill » 22 Aug 2014 15:56

Also so happy for you. Great news.
goodlookinbill

Postby DaveyD » 22 Aug 2014 18:02

Brilliant news !! I'll be there around the same time so here's to a great holiday for everyone :)
DaveyD

Advertisement

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 22 Aug 2014 20:46

Good news that you are still able to have your holiday as planned. As previously said it will do both of you the world of good to have a holiday. Remain positive and I sincerely hope that all goes well with the treatment.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby kez&sue » 22 Aug 2014 21:02

Im truly touched by your replies and your messages of support we both know this is not going to be a pleasant experience but we are both looking forward to seeing old friends in icmeler and having a good break before the treatment starts once again we both thank you for all your extremely nice messages
kez&sue

Postby smc4761 » 23 Aug 2014 17:40

My wife went through this 6 years ago, so i know what you must be going through. Stay positive and enjoy your holiday both of you.

I am sure you will be aware, you need to make your insurance company aware of this. Unfortunately it may add quite a bit to the insurance. just shop around for the best deals as prices vary wildly
smc4761

Postby kez&sue » 23 Aug 2014 19:38

Thanks its nice to hear from people that have been through this I have been shopping around for the insurance and only a handful will insure my wife because the diagnosis is so recent ive been quoted from£180 to £650 so yes quiet a big difference but still best to disclose everything thanks again
kez&sue

Postby dragon » 24 Aug 2014 14:03

I had a cancer diagnosis on a Friday and was in Icmeler the following Thursday. The first question I asked was can I still go on holiday? My consultant laughed and said he liked my reaction to the bad news. My treatment started as soon as I came home. I thought that the diagnosis would have been a dampener on the holiday that year but surprisingly we all enjoyed ourselves as usual. As my cancer has spread we enjoy each holiday even more as we never know whether we'll be able to return.

I used JD Consultants for my travel insurance after my diagnosis and have used them for the past few years. You'll find that if all your other medical conditions stay the same the quote will be less each year.

Have a wonderful holiday :)
dragon

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum