Entertainment

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Entertainment

Postby gerryrose » 30 Jul 2014 18:17

Unfortunately unable to come over this year but would like to find out how everyone is finding it this year regarding how all-inclusive is hitting the bars and restaurants this year plus what is entertainment like now?
gerryrose

Advertisement

Re: Entertainment

Postby Amelia12 » 31 Jul 2014 07:59

We were in Icmeler in June and are lucky enough to go back again next week. Although we have never been as early as June before the bar owners did say it was very quiet although I am not sure if that was down to AI or not. There was no entertainment and the music was on but very low. Our friends are there now and they say the music and entertainment is back on although I appreciate it was not everyones cup of tea but I have children who loved the shows. I have never been AI as I prefer to have a walk round each night and eat in different places.
Amelia12

Postby blondie » 31 Jul 2014 08:46

Plenty of entertainment on in various bars - might not be the same places as before, but just have a walk around and you will find some places are heaving...
blondie

Postby bobbysgirl » 31 Jul 2014 09:26

I was in Icmeler in June and there was entertainment in many places. Ok it was not as noisy as usual but a much nicer atmosphere. OK the resort was quieter our first week but as well as the AI effecting the restaurants/bars there are other factors as well such as the economy here and the schools stopping children being taken out in term time. Our second week was busier and we did see a couple of restaurants/bars closed because of the noise. As Blondie states just look around the resort and you will defo find entertainment to most people's liking.
bobbysgirl

Postby chezza100 » 31 Jul 2014 09:53

I too was there in June & the beach was packed everyday & there were a lot of families depsite the school rules changing.

Bars & Restuarants were however hit & miss, some evenings packed solid, some very quiet.

Speaking to people many were from All Inclusive hotels and gone into the resort a few nights for a change.

I dont' believe the change in entertainment has had an adverse affect on the resort, its more likely a mixture of reasons.

Since the summer holidays are now in full swing I've heard from friends that the resort has got busier.
chezza100

Postby Amelia12 » 31 Jul 2014 18:57

Hi Bobbysgirl,

Can you let me know which bars you found in June with entertainment? We were staying near Romance and that had none on, we saw none in the Square and then walked down by the canal and still couldn't find entertainment. I was obviously looking in the wrong places but people we met said they didn't find any either. By entertainment do you mean the bar shows or music? We go again next week and I would appreciate you "pointing me in the right direction" :D
Amelia12

Advertisement

Postby mansy » 31 Jul 2014 21:42

We were there early June & saw Tina Turner in Majestic, Esau, the male belly dancer, in Venice the rest were just the waiters dancing every now and again.
mansy

Postby blondie » 01 Aug 2014 06:22

Irish Bar, Blues Brothers, Richard's Place, Wonderbar - all packed out with entertainment on too. A few places have karaoke too, if that's your cup of tea - Buffalo Bar. Deniz Kapisi, Tommy's bar...
blondie

Postby bobbysgirl » 01 Aug 2014 08:27

Well Blondie has mentioned the bars I saw entertainment being performed as well as a new one along the canal just past the stalls - can't think of the name at the moment. Live band and dancing etc to nice music. On the top road opposite the dolmus terminus there is Richmeler the guitarist who used to sing in the Bamboo - the 1 which used to be on the canal.
bobbysgirl

Postby blondie » 01 Aug 2014 09:23

The one down on the beachfront is called the Tiki Beach (part of the Marti, but open to everyone) - yes, it had live music on because we caught the very end of it one night as we were out for a walk. Seemed pretty good too, from what we heard...
blondie

Postby Amelia12 » 01 Aug 2014 11:38

Thanks everyone for your help :D
Amelia12

Advertisement

Postby bikerjambo » 03 Aug 2014 18:36

blondie wrote:The one down on the beachfront is called the Tiki Beach (part of the Marti, but open to everyone) - yes, it had live music on because we caught the very end of it one night as we were out for a walk. Seemed pretty good too, from what we heard...

We went in there for a drink one night, they gave us the drinks menu then never came near us again. We left after 10 minutes of being ignored, 10tl for an Efes is kinda steep though.

:(
bikerjambo

Postby Jeanette » 04 Aug 2014 07:16

Just got back and we saw entertainment in Romance - belly dancers including the male clap clap man. Also had acrobats. Most places including friends restaurant and Deja Vue still had music and dancing including the usual dance along ones. Majestic also had entertainment. So although there is a lack of Michael Jackson, Robots etc there is still a lot of fun to be had. The first couple of days were a bit strange with the lack of Michael etc but once we got used to the changes there was still a lot of fun to be had. It is the people the food and the whole package that makes this a great place not Michael, Robots and the break dancers. :D
Jeanette

Postby dragon » 04 Aug 2014 11:46

We were heading back to the apartments two weeks ago after being in Deniz Kapisi and we saw 5 officers on the pavement opposite Chateau de Ville and heard one of them saying the name of the hotel on his phone. As we carried on up the road a little, we passed another four officers obviously heading down to join the others with another two following closely behind them.

There were a lot of people up dancing in the Chateau de Ville including the waiters who seemed to take no notice at all of the officers on the pavement. It was OTT to have all those officers though to stop the fun.

It was definitely a lot quieter and I heard a number of families with children say that they wouldn't return again. I've never seen the entertainment a problem as you just go to the restaurant that suits you. What should be restricted though is the level of the music as surely it is at a level that is damaging to the ears.
dragon

Postby chezza100 » 04 Aug 2014 11:57

I suppose if families want entertainment the best option would be to go All Inclusive and make full use of the hotel animation teams.

Seems a very sad state of affairs if people are going to abandon as resort because of the restrictions.

For me it made no difference to my holiday - in fact it was nice to sit & chat to the staff once they'd stopped serving food.
chezza100

Postby daisysun » 09 Aug 2014 09:37

Hi all. We have just getting back from icmeler early hours of this mornig after a great 3 weeks. Will do a full review later on. was quiet compared to previous years but think that was to do with day time temps - very hot so not a lot of people walking around during the day at all. On a night time it was also not as busy as usual with some restaurants/bars empty or nearly empty but on the other hand some places were full or half full.
Venice had entertainment on and was full most nights we were in there one night and the police came down the canal so the male belly dancer hid, the waiters stopped dancing and the guy that was going to do the juggling the bottles left but once the police had been in and gone the belly dancer came back on. The whole experience was entertaining in its self but quite sad really.
De ja vu had entertainment so did bamboo and a couple of other places. Our apartment still had weekly turkish nights and we had a great time despite the entertaiment been less. We are a family with 3 children so was worried about lack of entertainment but it didnt effect us.
Personally I think the mayor should concentrate on the standards of driving and road safety! Rather than music etc
daisysun

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum