Channel 4 Documentary - Manhunters - Turkish Toyboys

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Postby Barbara » 10 Dec 2008 14:12

Did anyone watch this programme that was aired last night on Channel 4 ?

I was mortified and hope that it has not done the Turkish Tourist Industry any harm.

Thank goodness Icmeler is NOTHING like Kusadasi :)
Barbara

Advertisement

Postby Colette » 10 Dec 2008 14:33

I saw it, I wondered when it would appear on here.

All I can say is EUGH to it :shock:
Colette

Postby blondie » 10 Dec 2008 15:31

Also watched it - can only say thank god it's not the Turkey - ie Icmeler - I've come to know and love!
blondie

Postby Jula » 10 Dec 2008 16:14

I saw it,my word they women on it should be ashamed,disgusting :oops:
Jula

Postby Rosie* » 10 Dec 2008 16:18

I see so many women in the 50's this year just like that!! i would be so ashamed if that was my mum!
Rosie*

KUSADASI

Postby archieb » 10 Dec 2008 16:56

My daughter and i watched the programme last night, and agree with the previous comments, however, i felt really sorry for the young boy, what respect will he have for women if the role models he has are like the ones last night. We are coming back to Icmeler next year and this time bringing one of our daughters friends, who has never been to Turkey before. She had been asking our daughter today is it as bad as the programme, thankfully Adrianne could assure her it wasnt, but im sure people may have been put off. It would be foolish to say this isnt happening in Icmeler because it is, it can be witnessed in the bars, just not as visibily :( jacqui
archieb

Advertisement

Postby JonnyH » 10 Dec 2008 18:51

I never saw the programme but can pretty much tell what it's about.

Yes, I agree, that it it's happening in Icmeler. It happens in every resort but it's not as visible in Icmeler. Sometimes it's actually love from the Turkish men but sometimes it's not, it's just a total scam, and they're only doing it for the money. A prime example is a story a while ago is that a Turkish man married an English women just because of her wealth. She then put her money into a business and lost all of her money because of it.

Sometimes it can be bad but at times the women are partly to blame, would this happen if the women just told them to f**k off?

Thats my opinion but feel free to agree/disagree with what I'm saying - like I say I didn't see any of the programme and I'm just guessing about what was said etc.
JonnyH

Postby gaylemcvey » 10 Dec 2008 19:39

Any wonder English girls get a bad name, mind you they weren't girls they were Granny's they are a disgrace i felt sorry for the young lad
gaylemcvey

Postby salford_steve » 10 Dec 2008 19:53

I watched it and you can tell what kind of women they are to let them selves be filmed like that, obviously they think it perfectly normal to behave like that.

However it does go on Icmeler, but as people have said it's not sas visble but I've seen it going on.

Steve
salford_steve

Postby jivebunnie0 » 10 Dec 2008 20:13

I also watched part of the programme last night, switched it on by accident, but OMG those women can have no self-respect to do what they are doing.... Do they honestly believe those guys are in it for anything other than money and presents????? They must be thicker than I thought. I really felt sorry for that young lad too!!!
jivebunnie0

re toyboy

Postby ken the pen » 10 Dec 2008 23:18

:( i like most people get very angry when we see women behaving like tarts and then sitting crying when they get hurt what do they expect when they treat the locals with no respect. serves them right pleased its not as common in icemeler
ken the pen

Advertisement

Postby emziebabey » 11 Dec 2008 09:31

Hi i didnt watch it i can tell what its about but whta happened in it.
emziebabey

Postby mr magoo » 11 Dec 2008 11:57

to be honest, although it's wrong to try and sponge money off these 'ladies', the turkish guys weren't doing anything different from any other guys in any other town in any other country would do. If women are offering it on a plate, like these two were, someone's going to oblige.

magoo
mr magoo

Postby sirkyboy » 11 Dec 2008 13:30

In my opinion it was yet another typical C4 hatchet job.

The way these programs are edited, and put across is to make people come across in a certain light. Although I do agree these women seemd like slappers.

I have yet to see a documentary on channel 4 that is not biased one way or another.
sirkyboy

Postby Trish » 11 Dec 2008 17:34

Channel 4 must have been thrilled to find such game fodder for their programme! Yes it happens, but not just in Turkey, and not just with the older age group.

I felt desperately sorry for the young boy.

Two consenting adults can make choices, and if necessary pay the consequences, but have they never heard of discretion!! and respect for their children.
Trish

Postby Birdy » 11 Dec 2008 18:52

Yes it goes on everywhere, here at home in England included .But those two and the daughter are an utter disgrace but take it from me they are not on their own ,a vast amount of our countrymen and women are a complete disgrace if only i had a video camera in my minibus (taxi) you could all see for yourselves.I personally feel ashamed to be associated with the average brit these days .An absolute shame because as time marches on the nicer people from our shores are dying off what its going to be like in 20 years i dread to think.
Birdy

Advertisement

Postby blondie » 11 Dec 2008 20:31

Trish wrote:Channel 4 must have been thrilled to find such game fodder for their programme! Yes it happens, but not just in Turkey, and not just with the older age group.

I felt desperately sorry for the young boy.

Two consenting adults can make choices, and if necessary pay the consequences, but have they never heard of discretion!! and respect for their children.

That's how I feel too - fair enough if it was only the adults, but I felt really sorry for the son. It wasn't fair for his mum to just dump him with her friend either, while she was off enjoying herself.
blondie

Postby victoria b » 11 Dec 2008 21:58

To say its not just as visible in Icmeler is intrue. This year for some reason i saw so many older women with much younger men not just at bars but also on the beach. There are several forums on the internet about the subject and unfortunately Icmeler seems to be the town thats most talked about. To say its not happening or not as visible as other towns, is like looking at the problem through rose coloured specs. Im sorry but Icmeler is not the pretty little quaint village we all came to love all those years ago. Times have changed and i know many wont like my post but its my opinion so feel free to question it
victoria b

Postby skilly » 11 Dec 2008 22:18

I can't comment on the programme as I didn't see it, but just a few points I'd like to raise.

What about English women who are naive and vulnerable and get 'snared bya Turkish man, who as someone said before, has all their money , self respect and self worth stolen and then are dumped.

I love Icmeler and the majority of Turkish people but some of these men have seduction down to a fine art, they must go to college to get a degree in it.

Another point is that it's not only some women in their 50's (grannies who behave like slappers , many young girls do also.

Sorry if I sound a bit intense but there are 2 sides to every story
skilly

Postby victoria b » 11 Dec 2008 22:47

I agree Skilly, yes there are the young girls who behave this way but they can go home and move on to the next young man who takes their fancy and hopefully settle down some day, then there are the older women, and bear in mind some older women can look absolutely fabulous in their fifties but feel so insecure they have to hold onto something by offering money, gifts, sex,and yes some are so niave. I know of one at the moment who hasnt a clue what her husband is getting up to because she is such a trusting person,and i also know of one woman who has been told what her much younger boyfriend, 30 years younger to be exact, gets up to but still turns a blind eye. One well known restauranteur in Icmeler told me, "This is Turkey and if gifts, money whatever is offered to his staff and it makes something better for them, who is he to stop it.!
victoria b

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum