Toonarmybarmy May 2013 Avlu1

Blogs written by holidaymakers to Turkey. Please add your name and destination to your blog's subject line.

Moderator: blondie

Re: Toonarmybarmy May 2013 Avlu1

Postby toonarmybarmy » 18 May 2013 10:29

Kendra882 wrote:Thank you for that I'm staying at club sun village is that far from buffalo bar ? What's the food prices like ?

You are near the back of the old village and Buffalo is near the beach, so not exactly on the doorstep but not exactly out of reach!
Food prices are similar to drinks e.g. 2 thirds what you will pay in many other places (sirloin steak 17.5tl)
toonarmybarmy

Advertisement

Toonarmybarmy May 2013 Avlu1-Fri&Sat 17/18th

Postby toonarmybarmy » 18 May 2013 10:31

Friday & Saturday 18th & 19th

Took the day off yesterday so here's the catch up:

Barbecue night at the apartments was OK but nothing special. We like to give some money to where we are staying so no complaints.

Friday was nice but got cloudy later so stayed in and finished the chicken along with a few vodkas to wash it down. Mind you, I was quite tipsy by the time I got back from my afternoon expedition.

Woke this morning to cloudy skies and a stiff breeze. That breeze blew the clouds away and we now have a very nice blue sky, 30°+ and a gentle cooling breeze from the sea. Best day yet!

Off to the Geordie bar later to watch The Toon beat The Gooners then down to The Dream 3 Bells for a celebration TBone Steak :D

Pics

http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17187
toonarmybarmy

Postby hagarg » 18 May 2013 11:10

i think the vodkas got to you as the games not on till sunday enjoy the rest of your holiday
hagarg

Postby toonarmybarmy » 18 May 2013 11:28

hagarg wrote:i think the vodkas got to you as the games not on till sunday enjoy the rest of your holiday

Bl@#dy hell I forgot about the great sky god! Might celebrate with a curry tomorrow instead :oops:

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Postby Keith » 18 May 2013 11:59

Doesn't matter Tim we are going to win 2-0 so just carry on with the celebration, not that YOU need an excuse if I remember correctly. See you are still frequenting the 3 bells, now theres a shock!! Enjoying the blog keep them coming :D
Keith

Postby toonarmybarmy » 18 May 2013 20:00

Thanks for that Keith. After the meal and welcome we just had in Rush, that's probably my new local (half of the staff came from the 3 Bells).

Hope we can catch up sometime!

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 20 May 2013 08:06

Enjoying the blog Tim.

I've heard there are two '3 Bells' - which is the 3 bells with the bottle 'Christmas Tree'? We passed that a few times last year when walking back to hotel (Grand Aquarium) but never went in. Apparently they do a yam yam chicken which is supposedly really nice and I want to give that a try.

Justin
sunseeker2011

Postby stevew » 20 May 2013 08:21

Hi Justin,
The Three bells with the Christmas tree is known as the 3/4 Bells, this has the Korean menu (the Toonarmy photo menu), the other is the Dream three bells, this one is Diagonally opposite the Blue Rainbow hotel near Buffallo's.
We still have 111 Days till our hols, but my son and girlfriend are there at present. :mrgreen:
Enjoy Steve
stevew

Postby toonarmybarmy » 20 May 2013 08:55

There are 2 normally called The Dream 3 Bells (by the beach) and The Three 4 Bells (which is the one with the Christmas tree).
It's the Three 4 Bells you want. Here's a picture of the Korean food menu :

http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17203

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Postby sunseeker2011 » 20 May 2013 09:32

toonarmybarmy wrote:There are 2 normally called The Dream 3 Bells (by the beach) and The Three 4 Bells (which is the one with the Christmas tree).
It's the Three 4 Bells you want. Here's a picture of the Korean food menu :

http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17203

Tim

Cheers Tim, looks good, do they do other food (i.e. English) or just Korean, my daughter is a bit picky and my wife is a vegetarian.
sunseeker2011

Postby toonarmybarmy » 20 May 2013 10:20

Yes there's a full menu, that's just two pages. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get Mrs Toon there :lol:
toonarmybarmy

Advertisement

Postby sunseeker2011 » 20 May 2013 10:35

toonarmybarmy wrote:Yes there's a full menu, that's just two pages. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get Mrs Toon there :lol:

Thanks for that Tim, will definitely be giving that place a try, prices don't look bad either :)

Justin
sunseeker2011

Toonarmybarmy May 2013 Avlu1 - Sat/Sun 18th & 19th

Postby toonarmybarmy » 20 May 2013 10:52

Sat/Sun 18th & 19th

Walking past Rush after my afternoon excursion and was greeted by so many people I know from The Dream 3 Bells, especially the beautiful Ela!
Sat for a good hour chatting about the old days in The Dream with Tommy and catching up with the present with Ela in between being greeted by Ilhami, Rashid, Cevat, Mustafa and even Zaman.
As a result, plans for the evening were changed, a big decision to make on my own but I knew Mrs Toon wouldn't mind.
Went back down around 8pm and ordered the mixed grill. All I can say is WOW. Eventually managed to finish the meat but couldn't make much of a dent in the impressive accompaniments. Went to bed a very satisfied bunny!

Sunday after my usual Turkish style breakfast went for a walk around town. Went back to the apartments but Mrs Toon didn't feel like going out so off on my own for a beer or six on my own.
Started of in Buffalo and watching everyone eat I got a bit peckish so ordered a plate of chips. Maybe not the best chips I have ever had, but very close!
On to the Three 4 Bells for my daily visit then went to Tansas for some shopping. Me and Mrs Toon have been having some problems with mosquitos, so when I saw a plug in repellent half price (4tl) thought I would give it a try. It's impossible to say if it's due to that or the change in the weather, but neither of us have any new bites since plugging it in.
I went down to Rush at 6 to watch the Newcastle match, not the best result but at least we looked a lot better than the last few games.
Tandoori Sizzler for dinner. I have never had an Indian meal in Icmeler so have nothing to compare it to. But it was excellent and at 27tl for the set menu good value. Oh and Mrs Toon had pasta which she really enjoyed. I took some pics and will add them later as my battery is getting flat.
Weather today is Scorchio!
Last edited by toonarmybarmy on 22 May 2013 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
toonarmybarmy

Postby dalin » 20 May 2013 14:05

Loving the updates.Thankyou. :D
dalin

Postby Sami » 20 May 2013 14:13

Yeah thanks Toon, loving the most recent one. Made me chuckle. :D
Sami

Postby ivano » 20 May 2013 18:03

great blog look forward to reading them 8)
ivano

Advertisement

Toonarmybarmy May 2013 Avlu1-Wednesday 22nd

Postby toonarmybarmy » 22 May 2013 12:38

Wednesday 22nd I think

Selam

Went to Rush again last night to see the gang and have some more of their brilliant food.
T Bone steak for me, which was perfectly cooked and came with fried onions & mushrooms along with the usual bits. (picture to follow).
Mrs Toon had the Hawian Chicken, chicken breast with cream sauce and pineapple & bacon. She was very happy!

Managed to stay to watch some of the entertainment, well, the break dancers are very similar to always, though different people now. But Zaman's juggling barman show was very good. I remember when he was barman at the Dream 3 Bells and was first learning this and dropping everything :D
Nice to see that he now has a very successful career doing this and has had to take on someone else to fill all the bookings. Guy still calls me Daddy though :lol:

Mrs Toon dragged me to the market this morning for the first time in 8 years. I still hate it and would rather be dropped in the middle of Sunderland wearing nothing else but a Toon scarf on a match day! (maybe not, at least I survived the market)

If I want to buy anything I will do it in the Icmeler shops where you can spend time talking to the owners and probably get a better price and support the local businesses.

Anyway, torn between Dream 3 Bells and Tandoori Sizzler tonight, leave it to the Boss!

Gürüşürüz

Tim
toonarmybarmy

Toonarmybarmy May 2013 Avlu1 - Thu 23rd

Postby toonarmybarmy » 23 May 2013 11:23

Thursday 23rd

Selam

Just had to read my own blog to remember where I was up to. Anyway :

Almost collapsed when I got back from my wandering yesterday. Only to be met by Mrs Toon complaining that I had taken the key and she had to suffer without the Aircon. Well, after proving that I did not have the key, it was found on the shelf near the door. Turns out the cleaners had taken it out of the energy saver while cleaning the room with the door open (Mrs T was on the balcony so hadn't realised) then forgot to put it back. Apparently I had been called some very choice names :o

Dream 3 Bells last night for for more good food, drinks, fun and games. First time in a long time there was something I hadn't seen before. Harlem Show, guy juggling and spinning basket balls, was very good. Went to bed very content.

Off to Tandoori Sizzler again tonight followed by drinks somewhere yet to be decided.

Gürüşürüz

Pics

http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17187&p=157908#p157908
toonarmybarmy

Postby Sami » 24 May 2013 12:14

Thanks Toon, lovely blog and again some lovely pictures. I can't wait to get there myself so I can do mine. Is it easy to add the pictures into the photo gallery on here? :D
Sami

Postby sunseeker2011 » 24 May 2013 12:41

Sami wrote:Thanks Toon, lovely blog and again some lovely pictures. I can't wait to get there myself so I can do mine. Is it easy to add the pictures into the photo gallery on here? :D

Hi Sami,

I've enjoyed reading them too and I also plan to do one when I'm away. I'll be taking my laptop and at least it will give me something to do while the girls (daughter and wife) make themselves pretty for an evening out lol.

I usually upload mine to flickr then copy the link info inside the [Img] tab
I think Tim uses photobucket looking at the image info, either way I think you have to use a 3rd party photo site.

Might be an easier way to do it so am also interested.

Justin
sunseeker2011

• Advertisement

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs by Real Holidaymakers