HOLIDAY INSURANCE

For all you holiday chat and to keep in touch with each other.
GOSSIP or slating of bars or workers in them is strictly forbidden
Advertising of travel agencies forbidden.
Advertising of Icmeler businesses forbidden.

Moderator: blondie

HOLIDAY INSURANCE

Postby Roy » 04 Mar 2013 21:36

Has anyone used Staysure for their holiday insurance & if so any comment/info would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Roy

Advertisement

Re: HOLIDAY INSURANCE

Postby smc4761 » 05 Mar 2013 11:57

I got a quote from them via travelsupermarket.com and found them to be a little pricey. If you use a price comparision site that will give you a better selection. Both Mrs smc4761 and I have medical conditions that we declare and this can add a substantial amount to any policy
smc4761

Postby itobradshaw1 » 05 Mar 2013 14:29

Found them expensive :(
itobradshaw1

Postby Roy » 05 Mar 2013 20:39

Thanks folks. Sorry should have mentioned I'm looking for long stay insurance (7 months) for a couple 50+ (only just mind you!!) - don't know if that would make a difference.
Roy

Postby Jay Trip » 06 Mar 2013 10:28

I took my annual insurance with them last August and I have had nothing but hassle!
I declared my pre existing conditions and after a couple of months I had to inform them I had started taking a low dose of statins as a preventative measure.The proceeded to go through the whole medical questions I had already declared.
I booked a holiday last week and phoned them to tell them I had to attend an A&E for an eye condition.They added another £40 to my policy despite this not been documented at my GPs!
They want to know your complete medical history going back at least 20 years and want to know every time you visit your GP.
I am now waiting for the new paperwork to arrive to see what extras they have added on!
Staysure? Stayclear!!!
Jay Trip

Postby Roy » 06 Mar 2013 17:36

Tried comparison sites but all proved more expensive without offering anything more in respect of cover. All have only asked for basic info regarding screening, not that we have any real health problems to declare but I suppose there's always a risk, particularly the longer you are away. Don't really agree about old health records dating back 20 years or so; if someone has longstanding condition it would need to be declared anyway. What next a requirement for your GP to provide resume before being quoted a price?????
Roy

Advertisement

Postby Jay Trip » 06 Mar 2013 18:59

The trouble is if you just sprained your ankle and need medical attention the insurance company contacts your GP for permission to have access to your records so scrutinise everything.
They even asked me if I had any problems with my neck and I informed them 20 years ago I had whiplash when in a car accident and they have also documented that.
I just cant wait until the updated policy arrives and see what else they have added.
I was previously insured with Insure and Go but they removed Tunisia from their European policy so I renewed with Staysure.
They state they cover 220 conditions free,I would love to know what they are!
Martin Lewis website usually have recommendations on Travel Insurance.
Jay Trip

Postby Roy » 07 Mar 2013 10:04

Thanks again Jay Trip. Haven't bought any insurance yet but with not long to go will keep looking; I get Martin's newsletter e-mailed to me so will check there too. Keep us all informed when you receive you news from your insurers.
As always you never really know until something actually does happen to you on how they treat you. Wishing everyone a illness & accident free time when & wherever people go.
Roy

Postby jonty1948 » 08 Mar 2013 10:30

Hi, everybody,
Apart from getting on a bit, the wife and I both have health issues. I've previously done annual cover with Age UK, but their prices have increased sharply, so I got a quote from Staysure which was an absolute joke.
I've just had (and accepted) a quote from Liverpool Victoria, which was, in my view, super good value. In any case I'm much happier dealing with a mutual than the other cowboys in the financial services sector. Worth a look at their website,
Roll on June,
John
jonty1948
New User
New User

Postby dragon » 08 Mar 2013 21:01

itobradshaw1 wrote:Found them expensive :(

Who do you recommend?

I used Staysure a couple of months ago for my mother and they had a few queries I had to check on with the GP. One of them was a clot she had in the 1950s, where they wanted to know if it was in the vein or in the artery. I had to go through all 15 of her conditions each time I rang which was a real pain (pardon the pun). I only had quotes from three companies and they all provided the same cover but Staysure was the cheapest one.
dragon

Postby Jay Trip » 09 Mar 2013 17:59

Staysure werent too bad price wise when I took the policy out last August but they have just added £40 on when I phoned them to tell them I had to attend an A&E last month which turned out to be floaters in my eye.
I found out after I rang them it wasnt even documented at my GPs!
I am still waiting for the updated policy nearly 2 weeks later.
I will use a different company in future,
Jay Trip

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Chit Chat