Rangers Bar in Icmeler

Click here to enter the holiday forum for Icmeler.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Rangers Bar in Icmeler

Postby jayj » 08 May 2011 09:11

Was told the Geordie Bar is now The Rangers Bar. Also there is no sign of the stalls yet. :(
jayj

Advertisement

Re: Rangers Bar in Icmeler

Postby james » 08 May 2011 10:12

hope not, HAIL HAIL !!
james
New User
New User

Postby dotty » 08 May 2011 11:06

Surely not.....this could be Icmeler's downfall, all that secrtarian singing and the vandalism/crime that goes along with it.
dotty

Postby bikerjambo » 08 May 2011 11:39

Please don't let this be true, it would involve the other half wanting their own pub and as we all know Icmeler is well known Hearts town, leave them in Marmaris!

:(
bikerjambo

Postby robert123 » 08 May 2011 13:09

Why the hell would anyone want to go in a British football bar in Turkey in the summer! It always confuses me I like my football, but I don't want to drink in a themed bar, I think last year wasn't there a Man United one? Well they lost me a customer (Man City Fan) but I would not go in a Man City bar.

For me it all comes down to, I don't want a home from home when I am in Icmeler, I am home long enough

Rant Over :evil:
robert123

Postby shuggy bear » 08 May 2011 13:18

yes its true ,and we are not all sectarian vandals ,,,,,,
shuggy bear

Advertisement

Postby dotty » 08 May 2011 14:27

shuggy bear wrote:yes its true ,and we are not all sectarian vandals ,,,,,,

I wasn't saying all Rangers fans are sectarian vandals, and I apologise if it came over like that, but in fact some of my friends are fans. Recent reports in the press and on telly makes me think that Icmeler doesn't need these type of bars for ANY football club. On the other hand I don't really think because Icmeler has football themed bars that hoards fans would say oh lets go there, at least I hope not, as we don't want to see the trouble we have at home spilling over into our precious holidays.
dotty

Postby blondie » 08 May 2011 14:55

Wish they would leave this type of thing to Marmaris - I'd rather Icmeler didn't have ANY football-themed bars, no matter what team (and yes, I do happen to be a football fan!) I don't mind bars with a general sports theme - like the Sports Bar - or bars showing football, but I do think bars nailing their colours to a particular mast, as it were, lowers the tone of the place.
blondie

Postby dotty » 08 May 2011 15:10

Well said Blondie, my sentiments exactly....and yes I'm a footie fan too :?
dotty

Postby Erik The Viking » 08 May 2011 20:11

I didnt realise id walked into the Man Utd bar until i got 3 feet from the barman who then theatrically threw himself to the floor and rolled around on the ground in 'agony'....you find this bar stays open at least 4 mins longer than any other too.... :wink:
Erik The Viking

Postby scunny jim » 08 May 2011 20:30

Erik The Viking wrote:I didnt realise id walked into the Man Utd bar until i got 3 feet from the barman who then theatrically threw himself to the floor and rolled around on the ground in 'agony'....you find this bar stays open at least 4 mins longer than any other too.... :wink:
Nice one Erik. Class
scunny jim

Advertisement

Postby shuggy bear » 08 May 2011 20:38

its not the 1st football themed bar to be in icmeler .so to say because its a rangers 1 , its going to be sectarian or full of nutters in my opion is over the top , i myself dont like themed bars , but dont tar us all with the same brush ,,,
shuggy bear

Postby dotty » 08 May 2011 20:53

Nobody said it was going to be 'full of nutters', that was your own words......obviously I've hit a sore point here. I only said what is being reported widely in both the press and on tv, but if you see things differently then thats fine with me....maybe you should take the blinkers off and come into the real world
dotty

Postby reesy1959 » 08 May 2011 20:57

I am in agreement here, leave the football bars at home, and lets have more Turkish bars instead of sodden football. Enough arguments/fighting/vandalism here without it spreading to our well saved and hard worked for holidays.
reesy1959

Postby shuggy bear » 08 May 2011 21:00

i live in the real world , as u say thats my opion , but a themd bar in turkey has got nothing to do with GLASGOW RANGERS and i dont ware blinkers.
shuggy bear

Postby Gillian » 08 May 2011 21:01

The Ibrox bar has been in marmaris for a few years now and I've never seen any vandalism/crime there so I dont think there will be in this bar either and I certainly hope not cos my friends are going to be working there. I hope its a great success for them :)
Gillian
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby shuggy bear » 08 May 2011 21:04

thanks gillian , its only a pub ,
shuggy bear

Postby Gillian » 08 May 2011 21:12

shuggy bear wrote:thanks gillian , its only a pub ,

exactly and if its not your cup of tea then dont go in :wink:
Gillian
New User
New User

Postby blondie » 08 May 2011 21:33

Apart from anything else, from a business point of view, I don't see the point in opening a football-themed bar with any particular team allegiance. Surely you're starting off by alienating a certain amount of your potential clientele who wouldn't dream of setting foot through your doors in the first place? Doesn't seem like the best tactic in the current climate when there are so many bars competing for business. But hey, that's just my opinion...
blondie

Postby Kalof » 08 May 2011 21:48

Agree with you Blondie - given the struggle for the many restaurants or bars in the current climate of all-inclusive, I cannot think of a reason why anyone would have a specific football team themed place! It certainly will only attract those who support that particular football club. I don't want Icmeler turned into an extension of the UK, there are enough UK names of restaurants and bars - its Turkey for goodness sake!

Chris
Kalof

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Icmeler - Turkey Holiday Forum